• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 4:12 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
I would go back but every time I drive by my LA Fitness I see a line up. No way in hell am I waiting in line lift some weights. I wish they would allow you to book a workout time.
Now I am the point where I dont know what to do. Cancel this get basic stuff for home or wait.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27589 posts
12662 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I would go back but every time I drive by my LA Fitness I see a line up. No way in hell am I waiting in line lift some weights. I wish they would allow you to book a workout time.
Now I am the point where I dont know what to do. Cancel this get basic stuff for home or wait.
try first thing in the morning then .... probably no line up @ 6am at your location. I went last week around 5:45 am and lined up only for them to open up. No line up when I left around 6:45 am.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17194 posts
2170 upvotes
Out west
booblehead wrote: try first thing in the morning then .... probably no line up @ 6am at your location. I went last week around 5:45 am and lined up only for them to open up. No line up when I left around 6:45 am.
Try for 4:45 am, and if not then 3:45 am
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27589 posts
12662 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: Try for 4:45 am, and if not then 3:45 am
pre covid, my usual time is 4:30am leaving the house and be there at the regular opening @ 5am. Get out of there and go to work by 6:45am

There are usually about 20-25 people going at 5am.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17194 posts
2170 upvotes
Out west
booblehead wrote: pre covid, my usual time is 4:30am leaving the house and be there at the regular opening @ 5am. Get out of there and go to work by 6:45am

There are usually about 20-25 people going at 5am.
Thats awesome, good for all of you. in bed at what time, 7 or 8 pm? Why was it only 4:30 am, why not 3:30 am?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27589 posts
12662 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: Thats awesome, good for all of you. in bed at what time, 7 or 8 pm? Why was it only 4:30 am, why not 3:30 am?
sleep time is around 10:30 ... 11 is the latest. Plenty of sleep time and the body clock wakes me up around 4am or so.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17194 posts
2170 upvotes
Out west
booblehead wrote: sleep time is around 10:30 ... 11 is the latest. Plenty of sleep time and the body clock wakes me up around 4am or so.
Most studies show anything under 7 hours of sleep is causing harm to your body, mentally and physically. Is it true, dont know. Ive ran on 4-5 hours sleep a night a lot, and I dont feel right

But then again, some people operate better in the afternoon and evening hours then the morning. So for all those that get up super early to do the gym, good on you.

Ive done it, and began to hate it, the gym anyway. I can get up early and do my own thing, but right now to make an app. in the morning to the gym, no thanks. Mornings are rushed enough without another thing to be on time for. Mental health is part of overall healthy as well
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Aug 12th, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27589 posts
12662 upvotes
Toronto
I am the type need to do this (gym thing) first thing in the morning and get it out of the way; otherwise, I am not motivated enough to find time to do this after work or in the evening hours as I prefer to relax after dinner.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
2076 posts
52 upvotes
Condo's gym isn't open yet, otherwise I'd go in the morning.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2162 posts
193 upvotes
I'm back at LA, had to wait a couple times. Longest was maybe 10 mins. They shouldn't be charging members their full monthly membership fee since we aren't getting what we signed up for.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Jul 24, 2019
602 posts
734 upvotes
Canada
Yes. Been going when it's empty. As it gets busy, been moving to the next floor. When that gets busy, time to leave.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27589 posts
12662 upvotes
Toronto
Wilmega wrote: I'm back at LA, had to wait a couple times. Longest was maybe 10 mins. They shouldn't be charging members their full monthly membership fee since we aren't getting what we signed up for.
agree. But when I asked for compensation or partial credit/rebate or something, the front desk personnel was instructed to say 'No' to everyone.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3892 posts
2044 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is using YMCA fitness centres, I'd be curious to hear about the experience.

The one I go to is 15km away from home, so the whole process of scheduling seems way too much of a pain.
I would usually cycle there (so majority of my workout is just getting there and back), and very much enjoyed use of sauna/steam room/jacuzzi (the carrot on the stick for heading out there).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5138 posts
1939 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: I can get up early and do my own thing, but right now to make an app. in the morning to the gym, no thanks. Mornings are rushed enough without another thing to be on time for. Mental health is part of overall healthy as well
I'm the opposite, making an appointment has actually helped me because it's made me commit to going at a certain time and planning my day around that. In regular non-COVID times, too often I put it off and put it off and then oh it's suddenly late and I'm tired so I'll do it tomorrow. Same with working out at home or outdoors - I can go at any time, so obviously I end up going at no time. The fact that the gym is more regimented (especially now) helps me. But then again I pretty much hate exercising so I need to be nagged in some way or I'll just never do it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1034 posts
404 upvotes
Wilmega wrote: I'm back at LA, had to wait a couple times. Longest was maybe 10 mins. They shouldn't be charging members their full monthly membership fee since we aren't getting what we signed up for.
Exactly. Would you pay for the same amount if you are getting half the speed/data off your internet/phone plan?

Having said that, people do have the right to cancel, that is if you didn't prepaid for the year like I did.