• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 4:12 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9333 posts
6944 upvotes
Goodlife allows you to book a time online.

No idea why LA fitness can develop a simple appt system online on their app like goodlife does.

Goodlife does only allow an hour tho (tho you can get there around 15 mins before your booking usually they have cleaned the gym by then and allow you in).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5724 posts
1853 upvotes
shikotee wrote: If anyone is using YMCA fitness centres, I'd be curious to hear about the experience.

The one I go to is 15km away from home, so the whole process of scheduling seems way too much of a pain.
I would usually cycle there (so majority of my workout is just getting there and back), and very much enjoyed use of sauna/steam room/jacuzzi (the carrot on the stick for heading out there).
My uncle does, in Toronto, he says they've been not busy at all, & they are not strict about enforcing the time limits, due to the fact there just aren't that many people going. If they do start to get busy, I expect they will be more strict about that.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1078 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Started going last week, but have to reserve 1hr slot.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3782 posts
1855 upvotes
1hour is actually sufficient and keeps your more focused. Do the warmup at home and then go to the gym if you are nearby. Do the cardio stuff outdoors as the weather is nice.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12642 upvotes
Toronto
that's why I had gone only once since my gym was reopened. I spent more time cleaning their equipment than getting my workouts done.
Sep 26, 2008
897 posts
193 upvotes
Ottawa
booblehead wrote: that's why I had gone only once since my gym was reopened. I spent more time cleaning their equipment than getting my workouts done.
This is what has mostly been keeping me away. I'm also not crazy about booking specific timeslots.

In terms of cleaning, I can get behind wiping benches and machines (both cardio and weight), but are they expecting members to wipe down dumbbells, barbells and plates??
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17107 posts
2153 upvotes
Out west
Jenny1975 wrote: This is what has mostly been keeping me away. I'm also not crazy about booking specific timeslots.

In terms of cleaning, I can get behind wiping benches and machines (both cardio and weight), but are they expecting members to wipe down dumbbells, barbells and plates??
Gym I want to, you wipe down everything including that. As well, when you use the punching bags with gloves on, you wipe the bag. That was a WTF, but whatever

Either way Im done, when normal comes back Ill consider rejoining. For now, home stuff will work
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3574 posts
1377 upvotes
Mississauga
Went to my local LA yesterday to update my payment info, as always 10-15ppl in the line up to work out. One in one out.
I suspended my membership for $10/m and was told I can keep this for as long as I want, until I am ready to come back.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17107 posts
2153 upvotes
Out west
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Went to my local LA yesterday to update my payment info, as always 10-15ppl in the line up to work out. One in one out.
I suspended my membership for $10/m and was told I can keep this for as long as I want, until I am ready to come back.
Well thats free money to them, they would be happy for you to never come back then. Why not just cancel it and rejoin. Or are gyms that elite to get back into
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3574 posts
1377 upvotes
Mississauga
Initiation fees. Those might or might not be there if you just cancel. And $10/m is really nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1029 posts
398 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: Well thats free money to them, they would be happy for you to never come back then. Why not just cancel it and rejoin. Or are gyms that elite to get back into
There's usually a initiation fee to join, so probably that's why. But paying $10/month just to freeze a membership? That's like Fit4less/Planey Fitness money.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6382 posts
1204 upvotes
Nah. I don’t like their terms (but I understand why they’re in place) so my membership will stay on hold and I’ll just stick to my home gym.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1649 posts
359 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Initiation fees. Those might or might not be there if you just cancel. And $10/m is really nothing.
But for how long?
<No political content in signatures>