• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 4:12 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1729 posts
236 upvotes
North York
I have been to the gym but only for quick machine workouts. For the freeweights and cardio, I do it at home.

I would say max I have been at the gym is for 15 min sessions.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
napoleonbot wrote: But for how long?
For me... I was at the gym every day for 1.5h plus yoga every day in winter. Warmer months I could never be bothered going there. There is just too much to do outside and I prefer being outdoors. SO for now its a non issue. Come winter, I will see where we are with the covid and gym situation. I only went to the gym throw weight aroudn, never used any other equipment.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3652 posts
229 upvotes
Canceling my membership. Hopeful that they'll have an "end of COVID special" to entice folks to come back to the gym once this is all said and done.
Dec 23, 2012
290 posts
280 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I'm back at the gym full-time, I have a home gym but I tore my quad a few weeks ago so my options are limited without machines :( I wear a mask throughout, excluding the most rigorous sets, but there's definitely not a lot distancing...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17194 posts
2170 upvotes
Out west
I 100% quit for now, and with my own home gym without barbells close to being setup with purchases found on here, I dont see the need to go back for what I want to do for myself at my age.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3301 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Back at my gym. they reorganized everything during pandemic. they used to have 16 spots for each CrossFit class, now reduced to 8 per class and with 30 mins in between classes to clean up.

lots of distance and a lot of space. i'm happy to be back.
In the back of my mind, i'm slowly building my own home gym... but that's long term.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4888 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Went to my local LA yesterday to update my payment info, as always 10-15ppl in the line up to work out. One in one out.
I suspended my membership for $10/m and was told I can keep this for as long as I want, until I am ready to come back.
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Initiation fees. Those might or might not be there if you just cancel. And $10/m is really nothing.
Still sound like a waste to pay $10 a month.
I can't be the only one, but since I last cancelled my LA Fitness 1-1/2 year ago, I constantly get their emails offering to rejoin with initiation fee waived.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
boyohboy wrote: Still sound like a waste to pay $10 a month.
I can't be the only one, but since I last cancelled my LA Fitness 1-1/2 year ago, I constantly get their emails offering to rejoin with initiation fee waived.
Since I am still technically membership carrying member of LA fitness, I am still getting well fit and strong without even stepping into the gym, am I not???
SO the $10/m seems to be well worth it IMHO ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4888 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Since I am still technically membership carrying member of LA fitness, I am still getting well fit and strong without even stepping into the gym, am I not???
Only if you also have their LA Fitness gym bag and carry around everywhere, now have you eh?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17194 posts
2170 upvotes
Out west
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Since I am still technically membership carrying member of LA fitness, I am still getting well fit and strong without even stepping into the gym, am I not???
No, its a waste, you dont go in for a year, $120 free money for them. is it a status thing, Ill bet they are loving the fact they can collect $10 a month from people and they dont set foot in the gym. They probably want everyone to do that
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1090 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
I go pretty regularly now. It's open with time reservations, but not all machines are available - some have been taped off to maintain social distancing. I don't enjoy wearing a mask while working out, but it's not too bad.
Feb 4, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
I go 5 days a week, but damm it has been though after such a long break. Have to stay disciplined.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3892 posts
2044 upvotes
Toronto
For those who have been going - what mask have you been using?
I will likely need to start going in the fall (for physio), so am hoping to find a good sport mask.
Was thinking Under Armour, but so many unhappy reviews on their site (cheap stitching, fit issues, etc.)
I wear glasses, but might snag some disposable contacts to reduce the annoyance.
Anyone here using the Reebok or Adidas ones?
Seems like best value, with a few to shuffle through before washing.