Fitness and Nutrition

Are you with these $10 a month Clubs?

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 3:48 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
18380 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge

Are you with these $10 a month Clubs?

Decided not to renew GoodLife and trying these $10 a month Clubs...

First is Crunch.

What a depressing place to be at. It feels dead in here,
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
27 replies
Sr. Member
Apr 19, 2017
905 posts
723 upvotes
The only real gym I've seen is Fitness365. (I dont work there)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON
Time to make some videos of the empty gym and document your weight loss or muscle gain period!

You can truly let everyone know the perks and cons of the empty gym.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
27756 posts
12831 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: The only real gym I've seen is Fitness365. (I dont work there)
based on google pics, the place looks really run down, esp. the equipments are decades old
Sr. Member
Apr 19, 2017
905 posts
723 upvotes
booblehead wrote: based on google pics, the place looks really run down, esp. the equipments are decades old
We're here to get swolle...dont care about aesthetics.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8283 posts
2882 upvotes
Mississauga
OP, I was doing Planet Fitness. No problems whatsoever. They have a good number of machines, and I didn't necessarily find I was waiting for equipment often. They don't have squat racks though, if you need that, just smith machines.

When I needed to cancel, there were no issues or hassles whatsoever. Cancelled because we moved offices, and there's many gyms much closer now - signed up for LA Fitness.
Member
User avatar
Apr 28, 2011
271 posts
191 upvotes
I just switched from goodlife to crunch because of the crunch 2 for 1 membership promo and I couldn't get the goodlife corporate rate anymore. Definitely a step down from goodlife.
The crunch gyms in Hamilton are always very busy - I wish they were empty like yours!
Member
Mar 30, 2013
331 posts
128 upvotes
Petawawa
I'm at planet fitness myself. Love it. $10 a month. No contract. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3237 posts
1084 upvotes
Woodbridge
Been going to fit4less in Woodbridge for a few months and it's pretty good.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
18380 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge
I need my Massage Chairs, Shower and 24 hours.

Back with GoodLife.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2011
3471 posts
1748 upvotes
Waterloo
kenchau wrote: OP, I was doing Planet Fitness. No problems whatsoever. They have a good number of machines, and I didn't necessarily find I was waiting for equipment often. They don't have squat racks though, if you need that, just smith machines.

When I needed to cancel, there were no issues or hassles whatsoever. Cancelled because we moved offices, and there's many gyms much closer now - signed up for LA Fitness.
mrpricematch wrote: I'm at planet fitness myself. Love it. $10 a month. No contract. I'd recommend it to anyone.
You guys didn't have issues with a smith machine vs squat rack?
Member
Mar 30, 2013
331 posts
128 upvotes
Petawawa
crystallight wrote: You guys didn't have issues with a smith machine vs squat rack?
At $10 I don't expect much. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Place is relatively clean. Has showers. 24/7. Hard to beat at the price. I use it mostly for strides, tempo runs during the winter months and the hydro massage stuff. Wouldn't be a great gym if you're a bodybuilder or into lifting heavy weights. I'm not. Only downside, is, at $10 a month, it attracts everybody. I'll let you interpret that one.

Also, there is no bench press. I don't think there are barbells to think of it.
Last edited by mrpricematch on Jan 10th, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
20225 posts
2897 upvotes
Niagara Falls
In NIagara, there was a period where you could get a GoodLife membership for $2.50 a week. So most months I am paying $10 a month for it for my wife. I'm too lazy to go across town to go to GoodLife though.
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
41 upvotes
I visited Fit4Less before, It wasn't too bad and I must say it is better than planet fitness but at times depending on which location you were at, they can get very very crowded.
Regards
Fairypopo
Member
Mar 30, 2013
331 posts
128 upvotes
Petawawa
fairypopo wrote: I visited Fit4Less before, It wasn't too bad and I must say it is better than planet fitness but at times depending on which location you were at, they can get very very crowded.
why do you think it is better than planet fitness? Contract?

Top