• Mar 10th, 2020 3:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge

Are you with these $10 a month Clubs?

Decided not to renew GoodLife and trying these $10 a month Clubs...

First is Crunch.

What a depressing place to be at. It feels dead in here,
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
25 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
The only real gym I've seen is Fitness365. (I dont work there)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Time to make some videos of the empty gym and document your weight loss or muscle gain period!

You can truly let everyone know the perks and cons of the empty gym.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote: The only real gym I've seen is Fitness365. (I dont work there)
based on google pics, the place looks really run down, esp. the equipments are decades old
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1108 posts
936 upvotes
booblehead wrote: based on google pics, the place looks really run down, esp. the equipments are decades old
We're here to get swolle...dont care about aesthetics.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
OP, I was doing Planet Fitness. No problems whatsoever. They have a good number of machines, and I didn't necessarily find I was waiting for equipment often. They don't have squat racks though, if you need that, just smith machines.

When I needed to cancel, there were no issues or hassles whatsoever. Cancelled because we moved offices, and there's many gyms much closer now - signed up for LA Fitness.
Apr 28, 2011
411 posts
532 upvotes
I just switched from goodlife to crunch because of the crunch 2 for 1 membership promo and I couldn't get the goodlife corporate rate anymore. Definitely a step down from goodlife.
The crunch gyms in Hamilton are always very busy - I wish they were empty like yours!
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
I'm at planet fitness myself. Love it. $10 a month. No contract. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
Been going to fit4less in Woodbridge for a few months and it's pretty good.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I need my Massage Chairs, Shower and 24 hours.

Back with GoodLife.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
crystallight wrote: You guys didn't have issues with a smith machine vs squat rack?
At $10 I don't expect much. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Place is relatively clean. Has showers. 24/7. Hard to beat at the price. I use it mostly for strides, tempo runs during the winter months and the hydro massage stuff. Wouldn't be a great gym if you're a bodybuilder or into lifting heavy weights. I'm not. Only downside, is, at $10 a month, it attracts everybody. I'll let you interpret that one.

Also, there is no bench press. I don't think there are barbells to think of it.
Last edited by mrpricematch on Jan 10th, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
In NIagara, there was a period where you could get a GoodLife membership for $2.50 a week. So most months I am paying $10 a month for it for my wife. I'm too lazy to go across town to go to GoodLife though.
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
42 upvotes
I visited Fit4Less before, It wasn't too bad and I must say it is better than planet fitness but at times depending on which location you were at, they can get very very crowded.
Regards
Fairypopo
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
fairypopo wrote: I visited Fit4Less before, It wasn't too bad and I must say it is better than planet fitness but at times depending on which location you were at, they can get very very crowded.
why do you think it is better than planet fitness? Contract?
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
42 upvotes
mrpricematch wrote: why do you think it is better than planet fitness? Contract?
Sorry I should have elaborated. Fit4Less has bench presses and full sized barbells where you can do deadlifts etc. So far I have been to two planet fitnesses and they did not have any full sized barbells. Also their lifting equipment compared to the cardio machine ratio is better.
Regards
Fairypopo
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
fairypopo wrote: Sorry I should have elaborated. Fit4Less has bench presses and full sized barbells where you can do deadlifts etc. So far I have been to two planet fitnesses and they did not have any full sized barbells. Also their lifting equipment compared to the cardio machine ratio is better.
Fair points. But do they have pizza and tootsie rolls lol
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
bembol wrote: Decided not to renew GoodLife and trying these $10 a month Clubs...

First is Crunch.

What a depressing place to be at. It feels dead in here,
Who cares if it's dead. That's the bonus. No waiting. You are working out your own body not other people's! Are you that unmotivated that you need other people?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
fairypopo wrote: I visited Fit4Less before, It wasn't too bad and I must say it is better than planet fitness but at times depending on which location you were at, they can get very very crowded.
People are under this delusion that their gym gets busy because it's only $10/month, but the reality is all gyms get busy. When I had GoodLife, community centre, key fob self-serve, Planet Fitness, LA Fitness, etc.; they all got busy at peak times of the day. It doesn't matter about the price of the membership.

The only one I couldn't say the same about is the super expensive one - Lifetime Athletic (because I have never been there), but I would guess it would be the same as well. Why? Because on weekdays, most people work during the day, and workout in the evenings. :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
bembol wrote: I need my Massage Chairs, Shower and 24 hours.

Back with GoodLife.
You can get those save for showers at most fit4less. The one I go to even has a shower I believe.

They are also owned by Goodlife.