• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 3:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1448 posts
1482 upvotes
Kitchener
just signed my wife up at Planet Fitness - was hesitant at the "we need your banking information for auto-payment every month"

I ended up opening a separate no-fee account with Simplii, and setup recurring transfers to move the $10+tax over monthly, and the $39 +tax annual fee over annually (with no end dates),
Saw that suggestion from another thread when I was googling the club, and it seemed like a decent compromise

Nice that its 0.25 down right now for another week or so instead of $10
Nov 22, 2009
981 posts
1445 upvotes
Toronto
I go to Quick Fitness in Brampton - $26/month, one time $10 fee for 24/7 access. It is not glamourous - is it an industrial unit in a plaza that is filled with workout equipment. The people are friendly, the gym has never been full and I have never had to ask anyone to work in or wait for a machine. It has 6 half racks, bumper plates and just about everything I've needed.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
I go to Fit4Less at Lawrence square.
Pretty decent. Has three flat bench presses, two squat racks, one Smith machine.

Dumbbells only go up to 75lbs.

No showers or locker rooms which is fine. Only downside is there are no drinking fountains so you either bring your own water or buy from them/Dollerama.

It gets very busy after 9pm, many students; equivalent to that of the after work rush.

But for what I'm paying I like it. I can save on all the bells and whistles of Good life which I don't use anyways
Dec 13, 2017
267 posts
204 upvotes
mrpricematch wrote: At $10 I don't expect much. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Place is relatively clean. Has showers. 24/7. Hard to beat at the price. I use it mostly for strides, tempo runs during the winter months and the hydro massage stuff. Wouldn't be a great gym if you're a bodybuilder or into lifting heavy weights. I'm not. Only downside, is, at $10 a month, it attracts everybody. I'll let you interpret that one.

Also, there is no bench press. I don't think there are barbells to think of it.
i dont know how i feel about calling a place "A Gym" without a benchpress or dumbells
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
bembol wrote: First is Crunch.

What a depressing place to be at. It feels dead in here,
I joined Crunch in Oakville - it's awesome.

Great vibe, younger crowd, clean + showers. Can't beat the price. I would happily pay $20/mo for it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)