• Mar 18th, 2021 3:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2173 posts
566 upvotes
Lévis

your PC game remastered

I'm just curious, what PC game you'd like to see remastered (with a good job)?
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Feb 24th, 2021 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8362 posts
5168 upvotes
Toronto
would have to be something old and actually outdated because most anything worth playing from 2010 on if not earlier is already playable at 4K and often has mods to improve visuals so I don't need the publisher to make marginal or worse changes and pull a Crysis Remastered

Sam and Max Hit The Road remaster done like Full Throttle and DOTT would be dope. Quake 2-3. Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, maybe Republic Commando. Honestly can't think of too many that either don't need it or haven't been remastered already
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1594 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
I'd say Doom 1 and 2, but there's so many front ends that's already doing an amazing job with gzdoom and zandronium and Brutal Doom mod. And I don't trust Bethesda to not screw it all up and disappoint everybody.

I want to see Hitman 1-4 (not the reboot) all remade with the current engine. Hitman Blood Money was one of my favorites, but after trying to play it again after being so familiar with the new reboot Hitman control and mechanics, Blood Money felt so clunky. Deus Ex remake would be nice too.

Oh you said remastered. Can't say I care too much for those. Most of them are so lazily done.
ReeGee wrote: would have to be something old and actually outdated because most anything worth playing from 2010 on if not earlier is already playable at 4K and often has mods to improve visuals so I don't need the publisher to make marginal or worse changes and pull a Crysis Remastered
Don't forget XIII Remastered and Commando 2 remastered. How they make a remaster that has worse gameplay with more bugs is beyond me. And while I haven't played it, I felt FF6 remastered's art was done very poorly.
Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus Tuf OC RTX 3090 | G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 | CM StormTrooper | 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB | ASRock X99 Extreme4
| Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19562 posts
3576 upvotes
Toronto
Descent. All 3. Trying to play them these days is a pain, even if you have a joystick.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2396 posts
3447 upvotes
Aw man, I haven't been a PC gamer in forever.

I haven't kept up either, so I don't know if any of these have had remasters done.

But from back in the day and haven't been mentioned yet:

Myst, Riven
Duke Nukem 3D
UT2003
System Shock 1, 2
Thief
Baldur's Gate 1, 2
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1594 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Aw man, I haven't been a PC gamer in forever.
I haven't kept up either, so I don't know if any of these have had remasters done.
But from back in the day and haven't been mentioned yet:

Myst, Riven
Duke Nukem 3D
UT2003
System Shock 1, 2
Thief
Baldur's Gate 1, 2
Yep you haven't been keeping up. Myst has been remastered/remade like over and over and over and I think there's still another one coming. Funny thing is I was interested in it when CD-ROM was the new thing, I wanted to get it from a friend, never did, and never got around to play it.

System Shock has an Enhanced edition, and the actual remake is in dev hell for quite some time I think.

Baldur's Gate has an Enhanced edition.
Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus Tuf OC RTX 3090 | G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 | CM StormTrooper | 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB | ASRock X99 Extreme4
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2173 posts
566 upvotes
Lévis
Piro21 wrote: Descent. All 3. Trying to play them these days is a pain, even if you have a joystick.
Ha ha, I was thinking about Descent too. Have good memory of playing them with a CH products Flightstick Pro (still produced BTW), specially Descent 2.

I'll really have to scratch my head to shake the memory section of my brain but, for now, I'll add:

Overlord (WW2 flight simulator)
Silent Hunter 1
Eventually Dead space

I'll add some later.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3491 posts
3699 upvotes
GTA
Only one I can think of right now would be Freedom Force. To my understanding it is on Steam but doesn't work properly with modern systems.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8362 posts
5168 upvotes
Toronto
SPARTACVS wrote: Eventually Dead space
Dead Space doesn't need it and still holds up amazingly on a modern PC at 4K with the graphics maxed. I finished Dead Space 1 recently and am in the middle of playing Dead Space 2 right now on my new 65" setup at 120hz and it's mind blowing compared to playing it on Xbox 360 back in the day. In a similar vein the FEAR games also still hold up really well on modern hardware and I enjoyed playing through those again maxed out at 4K
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2396 posts
3447 upvotes
LKane1 wrote: Yep you haven't been keeping up. Myst has been remastered/remade like over and over and over and I think there's still another one coming. Funny thing is I was interested in it when CD-ROM was the new thing, I wanted to get it from a friend, never did, and never got around to play it.

System Shock has an Enhanced edition, and the actual remake is in dev hell for quite some time I think.

Baldur's Gate has an Enhanced edition.
Face With Tears Of Joy Shows that clearly huh?

I think I played Myst for the first time in grade 7 on the new classroom Mac. Was blown away by it back then. Our school still had old Apple IIs with the green screen and 5.25" floppy drive. Played games like Number Muncher, Carmen Sandeigo, Paper Airplane, and Oregon Trail. I didn't know there were so many remakes of Myst. You should play it though. Myst and Riven are great.

Maybe I'll look up some of these enhanced editions. I don't have a gaming PC, but I figure these wouldn't have high requirements anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2173 posts
566 upvotes
Lévis
ReeGee wrote: Dead Space doesn't need it and still holds up amazingly on a modern PC at 4K with the graphics maxed. I finished Dead Space 1 recently and am in the middle of playing Dead Space 2 right now on my new 65" setup at 120hz and it's mind blowing compared to playing it on Xbox 360 back in the day. In a similar vein the FEAR games also still hold up really well on modern hardware and I enjoyed playing through those again maxed out at 4K
That's why I said "eventually". In the future.
DS1 is already 13 years old. A little remastering in about 5 years might do someting interesting.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1056 posts
683 upvotes
Crusader: No Remorse & Crusader: No Regret

Great games in their day!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8362 posts
5168 upvotes
Toronto
battleponcho wrote: BF1942 w/ Forgotten Hope mod.
honestly I'd love a remaster of just any classic shooter from back before they started shoehorning stupid grinding, leveling and unlocking systems into every game. The FPS genre back in the late 90s to mid 2000s was vastly better than the trash that's popular now. FPS multiplayer used to be my favorite genre growing up and now I can't stand any of it
Apr 9, 2019
46 posts
51 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: honestly I'd love a remaster of just any classic shooter from back before they started shoehorning stupid grinding, leveling and unlocking systems into every game. The FPS genre back in the late 90s to mid 2000s was vastly better than the trash that's popular now. FPS multiplayer used to be my favorite genre growing up and now I can't stand any of it
I hear ya, I'm the dude who has all the unlocks but still runs around with the default skins. I enjoyed the RTS genre too but i haven't really looked back into it since 2010. World in Conflict was the last one I played and Blitzkrieg (1) being one I return to every few years.

I would also like a remaster of Silent Hunter 3
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1594 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
CardinalComb wrote: Nascar Racing cira 1994.

I loved that game. I remember I had my CD stolen from my backpack in gym class. Friggin scumbags.