Parenting & Family

Your take on kindergarten kids school playground photo and video taking.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 6:12 am
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5227 posts
1922 upvotes
Debtario
If you are on public land go for it, though there are no guarantees that you won't get hassled by someone calling police. You may be in the right, but that won't stop you from being put through the wringer while police "investigate".
cristianosham wrote: Very interesting read that brings back the case of Robert Dziekanski, a Polish man who died after being tasered by RCMP officers at the Vancouver airport in 2007. So it is not illegal to film in public as long as you are not doing any illegal acts. What is legal, what is policy, and what is feelings are 3 different things.

https://pencanada.ca/blog/public-photog ... 20entering.

Now filming with a dash cam, is that legal? What if you record some kids crossing a stoplight on an intersection? Drive into a private underground parking? In your condo parking spot? Do you need consent from everyone in your footage?

Good article, brings up some scary scenarios. People need to realize that you're free to exercise your rights, but excising your rights isn't free.

Interestingly my employer prohibits recording of any kind on company property, the intention is to prevent IP theft inside but what about dash cams in the car? Technically a policy violation just not enforced. Reminds me of an incident where a coworker recorded harassment and received much harsher discipline than the harasser.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Feb 6, 2019
42 posts
8 upvotes
It's 2020; I'm pretty sure a bunch of cameras have already captured my image today without my permission or consent.

I really don't care as long as someone isn't being creepy about it.
Apr 3, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
I try to avoid. I wouldn't like my kid's photographs on the internet.