• Jan 9th, 2022 3:59 am
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto

Yours Food Mart - at Bridlewood Mall

Finch / Warden. New Asian supermarket.

It has now opened on the week of Dec 20.

The website is not up and running just yet. The store seems to be very big.
21 replies
Nov 19, 2021
194 posts
92 upvotes
The old Zellers location, so it ought to be huge. Saw the new signs driving by but havent had a chance to check it out
I wonder what other supermarket/company they are affiliated with.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Based on the business registration, it’s part of the foody mart group.
Banned
Oct 30, 2021
171 posts
299 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Based on the business registration, it’s part of the foody mart group.
There's an actual Foody Mart up the street at Bamburgh Circle. Weird they would another affiliated store so close.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Just paid a visit on Xmas day there.

Price is very comparable to typical foody supermarkets and even to T&T. No sales flyer found at front door, so I have no ideas on what’s on sale.

Size of store is only a portion of what the old Zellers had before. Next to the supermarket is a bakery shop which I believe is new as well (not sure if it’s opened or not ?

No bbq section. No hot food tables. (Maybe these will be retrofitted/added later on ??).

In my opinion, I would not go there if it’s out of your ways. Other foodys and t&t can serve you better.
Last edited by booblehead on Dec 25th, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
bobfan3 wrote: There's an actual Foody Mart up the street at Bamburgh Circle. Weird they would another affiliated store so close.
They probably want to capture even more market shares in the area. Esp. There are so many apartments and condos in the areas.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: Just paid a visit on Xmas day there.

Price is very comparable to typical foody supermarkets and even to T&T. No sales flyer found at front door, so I have no ideas on what’s on sale.

Size of store is only a portion of what the old Zellers had before. Next to the supermarket is a bakery shop which I believe is new as well (not sure if it’s opened or not ?

No bbq section. No hot food tables. (Maybe these will be retrofitted/added later on ??).

In my opinion, I would not go there if it’s out of your ways. Other foodys and t&t can serve you better.
👍🏻👍🏻
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2860 posts
272 upvotes
Here's a walkaround by a local youtuber:

The shop outside the supermarket but still part of the same area?

the skimmed through the video of the supermarket walkaround
and it looks like there's no cooked food section?
I post, you decide.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
No cooked foods

I see lots of dry goods/canned stuff

They do have an impressive inventory of bubble tea supplies for home made or even for commercial usages. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Priced very high for a basic low end store.. no line up to pay
Dec 25, 2021
1 posts
bobfan3 wrote: There's an actual Foody Mart up the street at Bamburgh Circle. Weird they would another affiliated store so close.
They possibly are splitting traffic. As foody mart up there is pretty crowded.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Seafood prices are = to T&T.
For example, large size lobsters $20 per lb; $8 per lb for salmon steak
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing happened here in the West End of Toronto.
There's already Nations at Stockyards but then Ample comes and opens up in the old wholesale club on Rogers road not too far away.
Ample is supposedly owned by Top foods and Nations possibly the Oceans group.
When you look a the flyers they have a core set of the same things on sale with same prices plus or minus a penny.
It's only now I'm seeing a bit of differentiation but still the same core items on the flyer.
Is it collusion or simply agreement on flyer pricing for items they both purchased from the very same wholesalers for that particular week
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2860 posts
272 upvotes
yesterday, I went to this supermarket to check it out and bought some stuff too. the lineups are pretty long because whenever someone buys some produce, the cashier has to take out a price list to check what to enter into the cash register. sometimes, they have to msg someone to double check or ask for a manager. so basically, if you buy something that already has a bar code attached, you should go through quickly. over time, i expect things to be quicker.
I post, you decide.
Oct 2, 2011
15 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
I would compare it to FoodyWorld more then FoodyMart. They definitely had more South East Asian products then most typical Chinese supermarkets would. My husband was impressed they carried a brand of Mexican style hot sauces that he liked and couldn't find in most western or Chinese supermarkets.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Just a thought...is Metro happy that Price Chopper is gone?
Or are they actually kicking themselves for not thinking to switch over to an Asian type grocery store first...before someone else does?

All I know is, the good news is, no more two stores with head on competition, but what if the Asian store is making all the money while the Metro is just hanging on?

I remember when it was a Food City vs Dominion (currently Metro) & both stores were very much the same.
Food City blinked (er surrendered) and became Price Chopper before Dominion/Metro could become a Basics.
Here we are years later...things change...times change...and blah blah blah...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Feb 6, 2009
166 posts
22 upvotes
Can anyone suggest any other stores in the area (or even other areas) that have better pricing? I'm not familiar with which chains are cheaper than others for Asian groceries.

Thanks!
:D PolarBear :D
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Hard to say which Asian store has the best price. I shop at (as many) 10 stores very week for their specials.

Stores I go to:
T&T
C&C
Foody Marts chains
Nation
Ample
Bestco
Farm fresh
Sunfood

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)