• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 11:06 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13850 upvotes
Toronto
Sample Video of a Bandwagon Youtube Pumper using BS Us Versus Them Worldwide Movement Narrative:

You can compare the stark change in tone if you watch this video and his later video.

And for those curious, I did take a loss. However, I scaled into a position of manageable size of AMC, among diversified swing holdings, and trimmed the bag when necessary. I have recovered my loss, even before I made the OP. I was swept in the hype but I did not blindly follow the Youtube pumpers. I was long biased but I did weigh the bullish and bearish factors as you can see here: amc-entertainment-holdings-inc-nyse-amc-2441963/. I thought I understood but clearly not enough. Lesson learned.

Fair points from the posters who were wiser than us. Us including many others that have not posted in this thread who have been swept by the hype perpetuated by social media (look at this reckless tweet) and the bandwagon youtube pumpers. I still look back in disgust at how these Youtubers have influenced people with their worldwide movement narrative, clickbait title cards, and their attempts to lift people to cloud 9. They profiteered handsomely while some of the followers they influenced are left with unrecoverable losses. There's not really a dispute that final financial decisions are made by individuals but the influencers pumping, spreading misinformation, and even using emotional manipulation played a role in these individuals' decisions. Maybe there should be more awareness made towards understanding the dangers associated with our current hype culture.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)