[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5676 posts
2762 upvotes
Global Village

Youtube is launching new Live TV service - USA only

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/02/ ... r-you.html

$40 US per month, cloud DVR with no storage limits, USA-only to start. Hopefully coming to CA soon.

Update: adding seven new networks—AMC, BBC America, Sundance TV, Telemundo, Universo, We TV and IFC—to their basic $35/month package.

Channels that come with YouTube TV’s basic package:

ABC
CBS
The CW
FOX
NBC

SPORTS
Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
Comcast RSN
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNews
ESPNU
Fox RSN
FS1
FS2
Golf Channel
NBCSN
NECN
SEC Network

ENTERTAINMENT & LIFESTYLE
AMC
BBC America
Bravo
Chiller
E!
Esquire
Freeform
FX
FXM
FXX
Nat Geo

IFC
Nat Geo Wild
Oxygen
Sundance
SyFy
Universal HD
USAWE tv
YouTube Red Originals

NEWS
CNBC
Fox Business
Fox News
MSNBC

KIDS
Disney Channel
Disney Jr
Disney XD
Sprout

SPANISH LANGUAGE
Telemundo
Universo
Last edited by scoper on Mar 1st, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All day I dream about sports
17 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20674 posts
2980 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Nice to see other players getting involved. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Canadian launch anytime soon but it's got some decent stations on there for sure. Honestly, it almost has all the channels I'd want and I could live with what the currently have listed. Would be nice to get DIY and HGTV eventhough they're mostly just B.S. reality tv now so maybe not but for $35, no setup fee and no commitment, not too shabby at all.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10284 posts
8370 upvotes
I doubt it comes up to Canada ... the big telcos won't likely license their owned channels to YouTube
Mar 14, 2017
41 posts
10 upvotes
poundfoolish wrote: I am late to the cord cutting community but i think it was for the better. Rather than spending money and time on kodi and dvr alternatives, youtube tv might be a good thing. Now i need a vpn box

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/02/ ... r-you.html
Ultimately just get a computer/laptop (an old macbook) and use that. It works way better; you get all blackhat plus whitehat sources.

Though youtube tv looks pretty cool, but chances of it coming into Canada very slim.
Jan 14, 2010
799 posts
306 upvotes
RojoRojoWine wrote: Ultimately just get a computer/laptop (an old macbook) and use that. It works way better; you get all blackhat plus whitehat sources.

Though youtube tv looks pretty cool, but chances of it coming into Canada very slim.
yeah i gotta laptop connected to TV. Funny thing is i don't know how to disable the auto sleep when the screen is folded
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20674 posts
2980 upvotes
Niagara Falls
poundfoolish wrote: yeah i gotta laptop connected to TV. Funny thing is i don't know how to disable the auto sleep when the screen is folded
Press the start button, type "power options" and select it from the lid. A new window should pop up and on the left hand side you should see "Choose what closing the lid does", then change "When I close the lid:" Plugged in to "Do nothing"
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
YouTube TV Launches In 5 Markets, Plans To Add AMC Networks
http://deadline.com/2017/04/youtube-tv- ... 202061995/
YouTube launches today in New York, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago and Philadelphia — markets where the major broadcast networks own the local stations that carry their programming.

The company said additional markets will be added “soon,” presumably when it has deals with local affiliates that have the right to offer network programming in their communities.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
Ars Technica's Valentina Palladino reviews Google/Youtube's new TV-streaming app, Youtube TV.

Apr 20, 2017
528 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
When will this come to Canada?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA
YouTube TV Just Added 7 New Networks—Here's How It Stacks Up
http://lifehacker.com/youtube-tv-just-a ... 1795259238
YouTube is new to the television streaming game but the company is already adding seven new networks—AMC, BBC America, Sundance TV, Telemundo, Universo, We TV and IFC—to their basic $35/month package. So you can now get more for your money when you subscribe to YouTube TV—but there are some limitations to know about before deciding if it’s the right service for you.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9756 posts
1252 upvotes
GTA
No storage limits but the recording expires after 9 months... isn't that a storage limit ? :)
Sep 21, 2004
10574 posts
4946 upvotes
Calgary
YLSF wrote: No storage limits but the recording expires after 9 months... isn't that a storage limit ? :)
Yeah but many TV shows have reruns so it's not like they disappear after 9 months.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5676 posts
2762 upvotes
Global Village
I have seen them advertising the service extensively on TV during weekend NBA games and they are really growing awareness and subscriptions, I guess they feel they can now pay for those expensive ads and broaden their ad coverage with the increase to $40.
All day I dream about sports