Youtube Player Alternative Windows - Ads recent got unbearable

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2019 10:34 am
[OP]
Mar 6, 2005
523 posts
164 upvotes

Youtube Player Alternative Windows - Ads recent got unbearable

I saw someone mention here and there before that they use a youtube app don't play ads. Any free recommendations? I usually don't mind it, but recently the frequency just got so annoying.

I have been using YMusic Android to listen to podcast/music with the screen off and it's awesome. I am sure there is something similar for win10.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10155 posts
2128 upvotes
Victoria
Not sure, but it would be amazing. Adblockers on PC's seem to kill the youtube ad's, would love to have that someone built into an android app.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1966 posts
603 upvotes
Scarborough
Why not just use the web browser with adblock for windows?
zod wrote: Not sure, but it would be amazing. Adblockers on PC's seem to kill the youtube ad's, would love to have that someone built into an android app.
Youtube vanced for android
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1486 posts
985 upvotes
Near You
Pay for Youtube premium, 3$ a month.

Either that or block ads at DNS level.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19390 posts
2138 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
mistytalon wrote: Pay for Youtube premium, 3$ a month.

Either that or block ads at DNS level.
It isn’t $3. More like $12.99 I think.

$15.99 month. Go fvck yourself google.

Total rip off.

Since I’m already ranting I might as well rant about SoundCloud. Was free to play offline cached files now they won’t work unless you have a monthly sub.

I remember YouTube premium was $10 now it’s freakin went up. No!
Images
  • B4AF8A76-B8B6-4863-B9E3-9F41B017BA68.png
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5421 posts
3865 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Supercooled wrote: It isn’t $3. More like $12.99 I think.

$15.99 month. Go fvck yourself google.

Total rip off.

Since I’m already ranting I might as well rant about SoundCloud. Was free to play offline cached files now they won’t work unless you have a monthly sub.

I remember YouTube premium was $10 now it’s freakin went up. No!
If you have a VPN, you can get YouTube premium in India for less than $3 a month.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
why pay when you use adblockers in google chrome
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19390 posts
2138 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
bomber17 wrote: If you have a VPN, you can get YouTube premium in India for less than $3 a month.
I looked into this because like OP, 2 ads before almost every video is also getting on my last nerve.

With how profoundly clever YouTube is at detection, I'm guessing you need to be using the VPN while using YouTube? Looks like there are speed issues with VPNs coming out of India.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4850 posts
1401 upvotes
Mississauga
I use UBlock Origin on Firefox and all the ads are blocked.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5421 posts
3865 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Supercooled wrote: I looked into this because like OP, 2 ads before almost every video is also getting on my last nerve.

With how profoundly clever YouTube is at detection, I'm guessing you need to be using the VPN while using YouTube? Looks like there are speed issues with VPNs coming out of India.
You only need the VPN to set it up and the payment. Once it's set up, you don't need the VPN anymore.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13276 posts
2496 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
GateGuardian wrote: I use UBlock Origin on Firefox and all the ads are blocked.
Yeah, I use uBlock Origin, as well. I didn't even know YouTube had video ads until I read this thread.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19390 posts
2138 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
bomber17 wrote: You only need the VPN to set it up and the payment. Once it's set up, you don't need the VPN anymore.
I tried signing up using an Indian VPN and when it came to payment it was asking for CC with India only address fields. No Paypal option was given.

Is there an Indian virtual wallet service?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5421 posts
3865 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Supercooled wrote: I tried signing up using an Indian VPN and when it came to payment it was asking for CC with India only address fields. No Paypal option was given.

Is there an Indian virtual wallet service?
I just put a random indian hotel address and it worked.
Apr 28, 2019
49 posts
48 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: I just put a random indian hotel address and it worked.
umm... would this *india* method work with netflix or spotify?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5421 posts
3865 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
KenY41416 wrote: umm... would this *india* method work with netflix or spotify?

Thanks
I haven't tried but the big thread had ppl use the same trick with Spotify and Netflix.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5352 posts
4428 upvotes
DNAv5 wrote: I saw someone mention here and there before that they use a youtube app don't play ads. Any free recommendations? I usually don't mind it, but recently the frequency just got so annoying.

I have been using YMusic Android to listen to podcast/music with the screen off and it's awesome. I am sure there is something similar for win10.
Just get YouTube premium
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2905 posts
453 upvotes
Brave Browser works pretty good in Ytube.
Ads have become unbearable.