YouTube Premium: 3 months free (YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Expiry:
December 6, 2021
Retailer:
YouTube
Cyber Week special: Get 3 months of ad-free videos and music – on us. Offer ends December 6.
Please delete if this is a repost.

Fine print: Only first-time YouTube Red, Music Premium, YouTube Premium and Google Play Music subscribers are eligible for trials, introductory offers or promotional pricing.
Images
  • Screenshot_20211124-202331_YouTube.png
Last edited by SynGamer on Nov 24th, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Enhancer for YouTube for PCs and laptops (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc). Can whitelist any streamers you want to support, if you wish. Does far more for Youtube than allow background play, stop ads, etc.

https://www.mrfdev.com/enhancer-for-youtube
or
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ckeeldkhle

SmartTubeNext for AndroidTV/GoogleTV devices (Chromecast with Google TV, Nvidia Shield, etc). Does far more for Youtube than allow background play, stop ads, etc.

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

Vanced for phones. Same as above two, but for phones. Does far more than allow background play, stop ads, etc.

https://vancedapp.com
244 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1014 posts
892 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry to hear that. Added YMMV to the title.
Oct 27, 2021
155 posts
392 upvotes
i have youtube vanced, that is why i chose samsung tab s7 not ipad
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1525 posts
1569 upvotes
Qndydsb wrote: i have youtube vanced, that is why i chose samsung tab s7 not ipad
Lol AdBlock pro extension blocks ads on iOS just as well as Android. Also Opera blocks YT ads. So even though I got this offer, won’t bother to activate.
Nov 12, 2017
635 posts
589 upvotes
What do people use Youtube Premium for? To avoid the ads?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1014 posts
892 upvotes
Ottawa
krispy4 wrote: What do people use Youtube Premium for? To avoid the ads?
That's the appeal for my wife and I. They have gotten quite intrusive/frequent lately. Heard that Europe has been testing Premium Lite for $6.99/month and only removes ads. 3 months free, may as well take advantage.
Oct 27, 2021
155 posts
392 upvotes
eelw11 wrote: Lol AdBlock pro extension blocks ads on iOS just as well as Android. Also Opera blocks YT ads. So even though I got this offer, won’t bother to activate.
do you pay adblock pro? if you pay for that. lol for what? interesting. if it is only for safari, great, enjoy your 720p video in 2021. and every video you need to change 360p to 720p
Last edited by Qndydsb on Nov 24th, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9770 posts
2424 upvotes
Montreal
and you get YouTube Music (think Spotify or Amazon Music).
Nov 8, 2019
68 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
- no ads
- play in background
- download music and videos
- use YT music in Android Auto without hassle and offline

For the upper two I think you still can use YT Vanced most of the time, but it replaced my Spotify subscription so don't mind paying for it
Mar 17, 2014
782 posts
568 upvotes
Vancouver
you also get youtube music included with youtube premium, not sure if that will get anyone interested, not sure if youtube music non premium has commercials like spotify. i have youtube premium family plan as we have too many devices that consume youtube and youtube music, family plan can add up to 5 family members so if you want multiple family members can share one family account with total 6 different email addresses. $17.99/mo.
Jun 30, 2019
869 posts
2868 upvotes
Youtube vanced and modded spotify app, you will never have to pay for anything ever again.
Oct 27, 2016
39 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
I have stopped using adblockers as a sort of personal preference, YouTube creators need to get paid somehow... Thanks OP I got 1 month only but I'm happy to have a trial.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2322 posts
853 upvotes
I've been a subscriber of YouTube Premium for a while. I used a VPN and signed up through India. Comes out to $2.20/mth!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Jun 18, 2018
175 posts
112 upvotes
Offers me 1 month
However I got a few free months a year or two ago so likely the reason.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2892 posts
721 upvotes
Ottawa
Listen to YouTube videos on the phone with the screen off