Archived BST Posts

YouTube Premium account sharing @ $12/year

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 5:26 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0

YouTube Premium account sharing @ $12/year

Hey guys I am getting tired of YouTube ads and was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing an account which gives access to 10 devices. I only have 4 slots open, so if you are interested, please fill out the sheet below with the # of slots you need and your information as filled out on line #2. I started a thread on our town of Milton official Facebook page but one of the admins deleted it after a few hours. Regular price of the subscription is $12/month, however if we split between 10 devices in total it is going to turn out to $12 per device per year.

It's based on an honour system and $12 is very little for me to think about doing anything shady. So I am hoping we can get this executed ASAP so I can go and buy a google play gift card tomorrow. Right now, only looking for names and FIRM commitment. Please also check the FAQ in the document below. Feel free to ping me with any questions though.

IMPORTANT: TO TAKE PART PLEASE FILL THE FORM BELOW:
https://bit.ly/396nfBn
Last edited by asfazrq2 on Dec 27th, 2019 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
23 replies
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
Only 3 spots left. Let's get this done today.
Last edited by asfazrq2 on Dec 26th, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
superlink wrote: If I buy a slot, I can use it on multiple devices, but only one at a time?
Just to simplify it for others only 1 device per slot. If you need to use on 2 devices buy two slots. Please understand that I can't police people. Please also read the faq on the link for sign-up
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15041 posts
2968 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Trader Score: 13 (100% Positive)
asfazrq2 wrote: Just to simplify it for others only 1 device per slot. If you need to use on 2 devices buy two slots. Please understand that I can't police people. Please also read the faq on the link for sign-up
Make it easy then, 2 devices per slot and spend $24
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: Aren't you better off creating a google family plan?

It works out to 36$ per person per year and it includes YouTube Music etc. Unlimited devices.
Where do you see that is is $36 à year? Thank you.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Trader Score: 103 (100% Positive)
asfazrq2 wrote: Where do you see that is is $36 à year? Thank you.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-shar ... ur-family/

This is a better option. You can add up to 5 additional family members (6 including yourself). If you are the administrator, you control the services. They each log in with their own email account, you don't share an email. It includes YouTube Music (formerly Google Play Music) and YouTube Premium
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-shar ... ur-family/

This is a better option. You can add up to 5 additional family members (6 including yourself). If you are the administrator, you control the services. They each log in with their own email account, you don't share an email. It includes YouTube Music (formerly Google Play Music) and YouTube Premium
All of what you said is true, except that is is $18/month and not $36 a year.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-shar ... ur-family/

This is a better option. You can add up to 5 additional family members (6 including yourself). If you are the administrator, you control the services. They each log in with their own email account, you don't share an email. It includes YouTube Music (formerly Google Play Music) and YouTube Premium
Gee wrote: 18$ x 12 months = 216$
216$ / 6 members = 36$

If you want to look at it differently

18$ / 6 Members = 3$ per month
3$ x 12 Months = 36$ per year
Thanks. $12 deal didn't sell like hot cross buns so $36pp isn't going to sell. Thank you for explaining.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Trader Score: 103 (100% Positive)
asfazrq2 wrote: Thanks. $12 deal didn't sell like hot cross buns so $36pp isn't going to sell. Thank you for explaining.
12$ didn't sell because it is limited to one device. If a person wanders off the reservation, everyone may get cut off. Honour system is tough to enforce.

36$ will sell because it has no restrictions and offers more than just YouTube Premium, you get YouTube TV, and YouTube Music and unlimited devices.

I am in a group and I can't see myself ever leaving.
Newbie
Oct 29, 2008
22 posts
13 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: 12$ didn't sell because it is limited to one device. If a person wanders off the reservation, everyone may get cut off. Honour system is tough to enforce.

36$ will sell because it has no restrictions and offers more than just YouTube Premium, you get YouTube TV, and YouTube Music and unlimited devices.

I am in a group and I can't see myself ever leaving.
You get YouTube TV for $36/yr in a group?
Newbie
Oct 29, 2008
22 posts
13 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: Yes. But I don't use it. I don't even watch YouTube. I use my account strictly for music

It was previously called YouTube Red
So you're not talking about YouTube TV (live TV streaming of a bunch of channels -- alternative to cable?)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Trader Score: 103 (100% Positive)
relic1980 wrote: So you're not talking about YouTube TV (live TV streaming of a bunch of channels -- alternative to cable?)
Yes I am talking about YouTube TV

It was originally called YouTube Red, but was rebranded as YouTube TV

Google Play Music was also rebranded as YouTube Music

*** Edit ***

Looks like I have it backwards. YouTube Red is now YouTube Premium.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/music/wha ... e-premium/

I guess I don't have YouTube TV. Sorry, I rarely watch TV, so it was never a concern.
Newbie
Oct 29, 2008
22 posts
13 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
That's what I thought.
If there was a deal where we can share a Youtube tv sub for $3/mo, I'd be all over it.
The cheapest option is basically around $11/mo (still worth it IMO if the the US ip restrictions can be bypassed. -- they're getting tougher and tougher to do).
Jr. Member
Dec 17, 2017
149 posts
60 upvotes
Trader Score: 0
Gee wrote: 12$ didn't sell because it is limited to one device. If a person wanders off the reservation, everyone may get cut off. Honour system is tough to enforce.

36$ will sell because it has no restrictions and offers more than just YouTube Premium, you get YouTube TV, and YouTube Music and unlimited devices.

I am in a group and I can't see myself ever leaving.
I am going to have to agree, I am part of two YouTube premium group buys. One for myself one for my mom and it amazing! I’ll continue the group buy and also can’t ever see myself leaving. This one is not a hard sell but what the op is proposing with limiting to one device does sound like one.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2017
124 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Trader Score: 0
Dealz101 wrote: I am going to have to agree, I am part of two YouTube premium group buys. One for myself one for my mom and it amazing! I’ll continue the group buy and also can’t ever see myself leaving. This one is not a hard sell but what the op is proposing with limiting to one device does sound like one.
This is why this is super cheap at $12. Pay less get less pay more buy more :)

Top