Computers & Electronics

YouTube Vanced has been discontinued

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2022 4:55 pm
Sep 28, 2003
900 posts
529 upvotes
toshw25 wrote: No seems like you have a hard time understanding.

And you didn't answer the question why pay for something if it is available for free?
One reason is that it would be paying for a subscription to the company (Google) providing the service (ad-free Youtube). Yeah, it costs money but there's hopefully less work to have an ad-free experience on all your devices.

Using some other third-party app to achieve the same thing might be free but it is attempting to circumvent ads. It's an ethical issue but if you're okay with the circumvention you also should be aware of the caveats (third-party might not support it anymore).
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
Tell me how you do this with ios devices, or smarttv that isn't android based...

Face With Tears Of Joy
toshw25 wrote: No seems like you have a hard time understanding.

And you didn't answer the question why pay for something if it is available for free?
The sweetest gyal
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
BINGO!

All I have to do is literally just log into my account on any of my devices.

$2.5/month? Why the hell not.
Sarc wrote: Yeah, it costs money but there's hopefully less work to have an ad-free experience on all your devices.
The sweetest gyal
Oct 12, 2020
39 posts
31 upvotes
sexyj wrote: Tell me how you do this with ios devices, or smarttv that isn't android based...

Face With Tears Of Joy
Not my problem this thread is about Vanced why would you be in here if you own an ios device

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
Face With Tears Of Joy

Which is why YTP > vanced

toshw25 wrote: Not my problem this thread is about Vanced why would you be in here if you own an ios device

Face With Tears Of Joy
The sweetest gyal
Oct 12, 2020
39 posts
31 upvotes
sexyj wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy

Which is why YTP > vanced
Of course because you have no choice on ios sucks to be you

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
Face With Tears Of Joy

Except I use both android and ios, and also chrome on my browser and firetv stick.

It's so funny that you are so entrenched into your close mindedness you don't realize there are better ways to do things. Especially for $2.5 a month

LOL
toshw25 wrote: Of course because you have no choice on ios sucks to be you

Face With Tears Of Joy
The sweetest gyal
Sep 28, 2003
900 posts
529 upvotes
I prefer using Android and I still subscribe to YTP. I actually get the family plan and put my partner on it. She is definitely not going to want to fiddle with a third-party app to get rid of ads or she might go back to iOS at some point. As much as free is great, sometimes paying to not do something is worth it.
Oct 12, 2020
39 posts
31 upvotes
sexyj wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy

Except I use both android and ios, and also chrome on my browser and firetv stick.

It's so funny that you are so entrenched into your close mindedness you don't realize there are better ways to do things. Especially for $2.5 a month

LOL
Lol I'm not even bothered by it I just found it funny you came to try and promote YTP to people using this free app when everyone using vanced already knows about YTP. No need to keep bringing up how much you paid for it.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
LOL nah bro.

The fact that you brought up "it's not about affordability" then talk about it being free is hilarious

Face With Tears Of Joy

toshw25 wrote: Lol I'm not even bothered by it I just found it funny you came to try and promote YTP to people using this free app when everyone using vanced already knows about YTP. No need to keep bringing up how much you paid for it.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sexyj wrote: Tell me how you do this with ios devices, or smarttv that isn't android based...

Face With Tears Of Joy
You're basically saying premium gas is better than regular gas because people who have cars that require premium gas have no choice but to pay the premium.

Therefore premium gas > regular gas
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
toshw25 wrote: Not worth it Vanced was free and better.
Other offers YouTube, YouTube music unlimited. It is worth it
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
now if only YouTube Premium got rid of sponsorship ads too
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
Dave98 wrote: now if only YouTube Premium got rid of sponsorship ads too
They won't do that as content creators would be up in arms over it.
Oct 1, 2009
662 posts
325 upvotes
West coast
board123 wrote: Why not? Vanced was basically all the features of stock Youtube, plus more. How is that worse?
Dude has problem with mafs. Paying 30/m is cheaper than free 🤣🤪
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5437 upvotes
More like $2.5/m 🤣🤪
doradxplorer wrote: Dude has problem with mafs. Paying 30/m is cheaper than free 🤣🤪
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
toshw25 wrote: Of course because you have no choice on ios sucks to be you

Face With Tears Of Joy
Meh, paying 60 cents a month is not a big deal. Its like tossing spare change lying in sofa crevices to google. No big deal. I also get youtube music which is good for me, and stopped paying $5 a month to Spotify. I actually come out ahead.

But I guess some people get satisfaction when their fanboyism is massaged like this.

Anyways, found an alternative to Vanced yet? Face With Tears Of Joy

(I could use one on my android tablet but don't need to really)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
I don't believe you can sign up for Youtube India anymore as a new subscriber unless you have access to legit India payment/credit card info.

I currently have 2 active Indian subs, and helped numerous friends signup for it as well, but I recently tried and I couldn't figure out a way to get past the current billing screen.

Argentina is still an option, and it's actually cheaper than what I'm paying for India.

Anyone arguing that Vanced is a "better" option than Youtube Premium from India or Argentina is just being pig headed. With YT Premium your subs are available on all my devices (I have Samsung and iPhone daily drivers. We have Apple TV in my office, Fire TVs in the family room and a couple of the bed rooms, Daughter has an iPad).

My subscriptions are available across all devices seamlessly, without any ads.

As @sexyj mentioned it's less than $0.50/mo when you split up the ~$3.50 between 6 people. If you can't spend $6/yr for the convenience of Youtube premium, I don't know what to tell you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
GT_647 wrote: Anyone arguing that Vanced is a "better" option than Youtube Premium from India or Argentina is just being pig headed. With YT Premium your subs are available on all my devices (I have Samsung and iPhone daily drivers. We have Apple TV in my office, Fire TVs in the family room and a couple of the bed rooms, Daughter has an iPad).

My subscriptions are available across all devices seamlessly, without any ads.
Of course it's better. We just don't have any iOS devices and can do the same with Vanced (and SmartTubeNext) without doing any tricks with India or Argentina. We'll see who will be pig-headed when they close those loopholes.