Automotive

Youtube video of Tesla Autopilot predicting horrific crash seconds before it happens

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2016 11:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3286 posts
5913 upvotes
Laval

Youtube video of Tesla Autopilot predicting horrific crash seconds before it happens

Tesla Autopilot predicts crash seconds before it happens

Last edited by 2Riskit on Dec 28th, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Sep 21, 2004
10565 posts
4931 upvotes
Calgary
Technically Tesla didn't "predict" anything. Its radar can detect 2 cars in front. That being said this is impressive as no other cars on the market can do this. Also this is with the gen 1 autopilot hardware, which Tesla already discontinued 2 months ago. Tesla is really years ahead of any other competitors who still have trouble putting Android Auto and Carplay into their lineups.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4409 posts
938 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Technically Tesla didn't "predict" anything. Its radar can detect 2 cars in front. That being said this is impressive as no other cars on the market can do this. Also this is with the gen 1 autopilot hardware, which Tesla already discontinued 2 months ago.
http://www.infinitiusa.com/now/technolo ... on-warning
Tesla is really years ahead of any other competitors who still have trouble putting Android Auto and Carplay into their lineups.
The funny thing is Tesla also have trouble putting anything as good as Android Auto and Carplay into their cars.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5297 posts
1312 upvotes
Toronto
In the not-so-distant future we will look back and wonder how we let humans manually control these death machines - clogging roads, polluting the environment, and killing people. Fully automated control cannot come soon enough.
Sep 21, 2004
10565 posts
4931 upvotes
Calgary
From Infiniti's own disclaimer: PFCW is intended to warn you before a collision occurs; it cannot prevent a collision and may not detect every vehicle or object. PFCW operation subject to speed & other limitations. Always drive safely.

SLee wrote: The funny thing is Tesla also have trouble putting anything as good as Android Auto and Carplay into their cars.
You only need to put Android Auto or Carplay into the car when your own infotainment system suck (which is most automakers). If it is superior like Tesla's, there is no need.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5430 posts
983 upvotes
Tesla is great, don't understand why there is so much resistance to autopilot cars right now, from both everyday people and government. I trust this as more reliable than people I see out there every day.

Also, how did that SUV get wrecked so bad from rear collision by a compact car? Crazy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35088 posts
21060 upvotes
Center of Universe
Ziggy007 wrote: Tesla is great, don't understand why there is so much resistance to autopilot cars right now, from both everyday people and government. I trust this as more reliable than people I see out there every day.

Also, how did that SUV get wrecked so bad from rear collision by a compact car? Crazy.
Those who are resisting, are the ones that can't cough up the money for one.
I'm not saying I have boat loads of money, but the Model 3, with available autopilot option is priced within my budget (Model S and X, is way too much at $100K).
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4409 posts
938 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: From Infiniti's own disclaimer: PFCW is intended to warn you before a collision occurs; it cannot prevent a collision and may not detect every vehicle or object. PFCW operation subject to speed & other limitations. Always drive safely.
That's the standard disclaimer, just like the ones Tesla used for its own autonomous emergency braking which can't brake it to a stop.
You only need to put Android Auto or Carplay into the car when your own infotainment system suck (which is most automakers). If it is superior like Tesla's, there is no need.
But that's the thing, Tesla's infotainment system is horrible.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4409 posts
938 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote: Tesla is great, don't understand why there is so much resistance to autopilot cars right now, from both everyday people and government. I trust this as more reliable than people I see out there every day.
I don't see the resistance, it's more of a don't overhype it to something more than it is.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3988 upvotes
Toronto
gei wrote: In the not-so-distant future we will look back and wonder how we let humans manually control these death machines - clogging roads, polluting the environment, and killing people. Fully automated control cannot come soon enough.
it's coming and I can't wait.. I can't wait for computer cars to rush us to and from work on high speed high ways with NO TRAFFIC since no stupid humans to cut each other off.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2469 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto, ON
b166er1337 wrote: Technically Tesla didn't "predict" anything. Its radar can detect 2 cars in front. That being said this is impressive as no other cars on the market can do this. Also this is with the gen 1 autopilot hardware, which Tesla already discontinued 2 months ago. Tesla is really years ahead of any other competitors who still have trouble putting Android Auto and Carplay into their lineups.
Please don't make stuff up when you don't know what you'e talking about. Infiniti has had that tech for some time. This Tesla fanboyism gets tiresome, esp. when built up on lies and misinformation.