Shopping Discussion

YRT Paper Tickets Expire in Dec and No refund!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:29 am
[OP]
Sep 16, 2017
8 posts

YRT Paper Tickets Expire in Dec and No refund!

I was just told that YRT paper tickets will expire by the end of the year. Previously we were told unused tickets could be loaded into a Presto card. Now YRT has changed their policy to no refund and no loading into Presto cards. WTH?? I bought a lot tickets over the years. Is there anyone who have extra tickets like me? Can we file a complaint to the Consumer Protection Ontario?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1195 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
According to whom? YRT doesn't state that there will be no refunds on their website anywhere...They are actually continuing to sell tickets as we speak.

If anything, the Presto fiasco between YRT/TTC North Of Steeles is yet to be solved and it's likely tickets will continue to be used until a solution is found.

And in the event tickets are no longer accepted, they will likely hold events where you can turn in your tickets and convert them into Presto dollars. No date has even been set yet because they can't figure Presto out.

The whole December 31st thing was just an estimate as to when they would have Presto fully functioning, and it isn't lol.
[external link removed]
[OP]
Sep 16, 2017
8 posts
This is according to the lady in the Richmond Hill YRT Office on 50 High Tech Road. She refused to refund. There is also a FAQ in YRT web page www.yrt.ca / en / fares-and-passess / paperless.aspx where the answer to the question "What do I do with my old tickets" only says 2 zone paper tickets can be loaded into Presto. :-(

My problem is that the policy was NOT like that when I purchased a lot of paper tickets in the past.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6681 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
ichwoo4167328485 wrote: This is according to the lady in the Richmond Hill YRT Office on 50 High Tech Road. She refused to refund. There is also a FAQ in YRT web page www.yrt.ca / en / fares-and-passess / paperless.aspx where the answer to the question "What do I do with my old tickets" only says 2 zone paper tickets can be loaded into Presto. :-(

My problem is that the policy was NOT like that when I purchased a lot of paper tickets in the past.
I think you are out of luck already, the changes already posted since late June and effectively July 1, "We no longer selling paper fare.....", we advised commuter to stop buying paper ticket and switch to Presto or viva/yrt app for payment.
[OP]
Sep 16, 2017
8 posts
cgtlky wrote: I think you are out of luck already, the changes already posted since late June and effectively July 1, "We no longer selling paper fare.....", we advised commuter to stop buying paper ticket and switch to Presto or viva/yrt app for payment.
Yes they did post that. They also said we could load unused paper tickets into Presto in one of their newsletter. Too bad I dont have that newsletter anymore.