Expired Hot Deals

Yukon Government

Yukon Government - rebates for ebikes

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 9:11 pm
53 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10557 posts
78567 upvotes
Ontario
Bikes that are qualified for the program are usually $4000-$5000+
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Sr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
747 posts
1486 upvotes
Are they? The specs they list to be eligible would include a lot of bikes. Unless I'm missing something?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1900 posts
11469 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Bikes that are qualified for the program are usually $4000-$5000+
What are you basing that on? Did you read the actual page?
Eligible bicycles:
  • Must have an output power at or below 500 watts.
  • Have a maximum speed of 32 kilometres per hour or less.
  • Cargo electric bicycles must have an extended frame designed to carry additional people or cargo.
  • Bicycles can be purchased in Yukon or online.
The part that is misleading about the RFD thread title AND the tweet, is that it's 25% of the bike cost UP TO $750/1500:
Rebate amount:
  • 25 per cent of the cost of a new electric bicycle up to a maximum of $750.
  • 25 per cent of the cost of a new electric cargo bicycle up to a maximum $1,500.
  • We calculate the rebate on the cost of the bicycle only. It excludes costs such as accessories; shipping; or assembly.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2164 posts
4700 upvotes
Markham
Yukon has a population of 35,874 and a small percentage of them probably would consider a e-bike... Seems like this applies to a very small niche.
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2014
127 posts
136 upvotes
Calgary
I’m moving to the Yukon!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1900 posts
11469 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Yukon has a population of 35,874 and a small percentage of them probably would consider a e-bike... Seems like this applies to a very small niche.
It's almost like you should only click on the thread if it's relevant to you, it's almost like you're from the GT... A... oh wait...

Image
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2164 posts
4700 upvotes
Markham
Leverage wrote: It's almost like you should only click on the thread if it's relevant to you, it's almost like you're from the GT... A... oh wait...

Image
I said it "seems", would be nice if it turns out it applies to a bigger swath of people or I'm missing something (which I genuinely thought I was, since quite a few people not from Yukon were replying).

Pretty sad that you're insulting people based on where they live.
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
598 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote: I said it "seems", would be nice if it turns out it applies to a bigger swath of people or I'm missing something (which I genuinely thought I was, since quite a few people not from Yukon were replying).

Pretty sad that you're insulting people based on where they live.
Insulting? You must be new to the internet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2822 posts
2112 upvotes
True RFDer would move to Yukon to take advantage of the rebate!
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1657 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
Why is there a rebate program? Is ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to regular bikes you pedal?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2007
1404 posts
411 upvotes
skwan wrote: Why is there a rebate program? Is ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to regular bikes you pedal?
Ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to vehicle or motorbike.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
4207 posts
3701 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Yukon Exports Inc. at your service.

PM for details.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
4207 posts
3701 upvotes
No Bum Deals
skwan wrote: Why is there a rebate program? Is ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to regular bikes you pedal?
Because there is a high percentage of lard-arses who would rather power their way to McDonald's and Timmy's.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
10557 posts
78567 upvotes
Ontario
Leverage wrote: What are you basing that on? Did you read the actual page?



The part that is misleading about the RFD thread title AND the tweet, is that it's 25% of the bike cost UP TO $750/1500:
Sorry, I did not. thought it was the same as other ebike rebates
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2011
3538 posts
1794 upvotes
Waterloo
Anyone here used to watch Yvon of the Yukon on YTV? Was a good show

Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 12, 2005
123 posts
43 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Sorry, I did not. thought it was the same as other ebike rebates
I mean, he's pretty close. To get the full rebate the bike would have to be $3000+. And the cargo bike $6000+
NoJebasNo
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2550 posts
873 upvotes
Whitehorse
Dave510 wrote: Yukon has a population of 35,874 and a small percentage of them probably would consider a e-bike... Seems like this applies to a very small niche.
Actually the population has grown to 43000, and I see ebikes being used inWhitehirse every day.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1657 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
nav888 wrote: Ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to vehicle or motorbike.
In that case yes. But why not just do a rebate program for people to exercise and pedal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2007
1404 posts
411 upvotes
skwan wrote: In that case yes. But why not just do a rebate program for people to exercise and pedal
Totally agree with you!

Top