Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
Anyone here used to watch Yvon of the Yukon on YTV? Was a good show

Aug 12, 2005
120 posts
41 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Sorry, I did not. thought it was the same as other ebike rebates
I mean, he's pretty close. To get the full rebate the bike would have to be $3000+. And the cargo bike $6000+
NoJebasNo
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2204 posts
629 upvotes
Whitehorse
Dave510 wrote: Yukon has a population of 35,874 and a small percentage of them probably would consider a e-bike... Seems like this applies to a very small niche.
Actually the population has grown to 43000, and I see ebikes being used inWhitehirse every day.
Oct 27, 2006
899 posts
224 upvotes
nav888 wrote: Ebike supposed to reduce carbon foot print as oppose to vehicle or motorbike.
In that case yes. But why not just do a rebate program for people to exercise and pedal
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1329 posts
368 upvotes
skwan wrote: In that case yes. But why not just do a rebate program for people to exercise and pedal
Totally agree with you!
Oct 16, 2002
742 posts
497 upvotes
Just curious how many days per year is weather in Yukon actually suitable to use ebikes?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1086 posts
2185 upvotes
pooper wrote: Just to add this is almost an oxymoron.
You would need to burn pretty much the equivalent energy to pedal a bike as you would charging the battery to drive your ebike, unless you can charge your bike with renewable sources.
It's not only the cost to you to purchase the food you eat, it's what it cost the Earth to grow and produce.
If you're miserable, maybe you could try just being miserable in silent. This is a rebate on a bike, not an excuse for you to vomit all over the internet.
Oct 17, 2012
982 posts
810 upvotes
Vancouver
methyl wrote: Just curious how many days per year is weather in Yukon actually suitable to use ebikes?
I was wondering this too... As an "southern" city dweller, I'm guessing Yukon has maybe 2 or 3 months max where they can actually bike
Dec 1, 2008
64 posts
10 upvotes
How many days in an year they can ride a bike comfortably? I wonder why govt is spending money.
May 24, 2017
623 posts
424 upvotes
GTA
methyl wrote: Just curious how many days per year is weather in Yukon actually suitable to use ebikes?
More than you think. Climate is moderate. Yes it does get cold, but there were many days this spring where it was warmer in Whitehorse than it was here in Toronto. I visited back in February (before covid) and want to go back. I have Whitehorse set up in my weather app for tracking and general interest.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5796 posts
2293 upvotes
Canuckland
spdewan wrote: How many days in an year they can ride a bike comfortably? I wonder why govt is spending money.
A lot of their people rely on their environment for fishing and hunting which is being threatened by global warming
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2092 posts
558 upvotes
Kitchener
Aaaaaron wrote: I’m moving to the Yukon!
You gonna buy some cargo bikes and hire riders to move up there? Big cargo bikes FTW.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4578 upvotes
ON
DealCanuck wrote: A lot of their people rely on their environment for fishing and hunting which is being threatened by global warming
BS...since when do fish and animals prefer -40c in order to multiply faster ? If anything it should be the opposite and you should be seeing an abundance of wildlife with warmer weather.
My tire went flat the other day...it must be bcs of global warming.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4578 upvotes
ON
Put a plow on it and ride it year round...