Expired Hot Deals

[Yukon Government] Yukon Government - rebates for ebikes

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 9:11 pm
Feb 2, 2015
409 posts
595 upvotes
Calgary, AB
What an RFD shitshow -- 5 downvotes and not a single mention of an e-bike in the entire thread

For someone in the Yukon this rebate is good news .. voted
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6195 posts
5354 upvotes
Calgary
ajdeals wrote: What an RFD shitshow -- 5 downvotes and not a single mention of an e-bike in the entire thread

For someone in the Yukon this rebate is good news .. voted
More likely just another waste of tax dollars. This country’s finances are being ruined.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4576 upvotes
ON
SammyDavis wrote: More likely just another waste of tax dollars. This country’s finances are being ruined.
Just like the rebates on $100k+ "green" vehicles...
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1230 posts
890 upvotes
Montreal
This is great news as it might encourage other provinces to propose a similar solution. Never thought I'd see Yukon be so environmentally pro-active, good job!
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12044 posts
19248 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: More likely just another waste of tax dollars. This country’s finances are being ruined.
I assure you , it’s not gonna cost Yukon much lol
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1588 posts
2751 upvotes
Just wait until you see how ruined the environment is..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7645 posts
1711 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Yukon doesn't even know rfd! none of us here chatting and typing are from yukons
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 2, 2014
183 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I was wondering this too... As an "southern" city dweller, I'm guessing Yukon has maybe 2 or 3 months max where they can actually bike
The Yukon isn't the cold barren wasteland that people make it out to be. I've got family in Whitehorse and have been up quite a few times for work. It's an unbelievably gorgeous place. I wouldn't say the weather is all that different from, say, Edmonton (a real yukoner can correct me). The cycling culture (commuting and mountain biking) is pretty big from what I saw. Even in winter people commute by bike. Snow tires and pogies!
Dec 6, 2017
870 posts
432 upvotes
Manitoba
Anybody from Yukon who can "accomodate" a purchase of a Fatty e-bike? Smiling Face With Sunglasses
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3522 posts
2833 upvotes
No Bum Deals
MikoWilson wrote: ...vomit all over the internet.
Thanks mom, I deleted the post. It was a bit of dry satire, I'm glad you enjoyed it. What's for dinner?
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4576 upvotes
ON
coolwasabi wrote: Just wait until you see how ruined the environment is..
What does that have to do with mismanagement of our taxes ?
You really think the rebates offered here on so called "environmentally friendly" products are having an impact on the amount of CO2 and other toxic emissions produced by China, India etc ?
If anything it's increasing them since folks are sending perfectly good products to landfills just to replace them with the aforementioned "green" products being made in the biggest polluters in the world . But hey, it cost us "nothing" thanks to the government rebates...folks need to look beyond their nose and understand what's at play here.
Nov 30, 2016
437 posts
389 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
dilligafeh wrote: BS...since when do fish and animals prefer -40c in order to multiply faster ? If anything it should be the opposite and you should be seeing an abundance of wildlife with warmer weather.
My tire went flat the other day...it must be bcs of global warming.
Congrats on the dumbest post in the history of RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2204 posts
629 upvotes
Whitehorse
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I was wondering this too... As an "southern" city dweller, I'm guessing Yukon has maybe 2 or 3 months max where they can actually bike
You are guessing wrong. May to October is no problem, often longer. Adding fatbikes: All months of the year. Which is why we can get subsidies for two bicycles.