Expired Hot Deals

[YVR ONLY ] MEC Warehouse clearance - FREE retail hardware ends Sunday April 11

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2021 12:37 am
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3875 posts
3304 upvotes
vado66 wrote: Some...but I thought they were a bit overpriced for what you get.
Even with bogo?
Jun 9, 2019
422 posts
867 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Even with bogo?
I guess it depends what you are looking for. Go take a look, probably worth your time to check them out.
[OP]
May 14, 2001
485 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
It’s an older model. Almost identical though the arms are non-adjustable. They had 2 frame styles chrome/shiny ( I think with aluminum frame) or grey painted aluminum. The shiny one is like the one sold at crate and barrel but with fabric seats (green and blue) and black armrest and black cover for the chair underpinnings.

Here’s the link for the current crate and barrel version which I feel is overpriced...
https://www.crateandbarrel.ca/haworth-v ... ir/s276457
mmmmm BBQ! Chunder Time!
[OP]
May 14, 2001
485 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
flameboy54 wrote:
... Pretty comfy. Beware that there's gonna be damage to the front of the armrest to some, from forcefully trying to tuck them under the desk when the clearance wasn't there I'm guessing.
harrylakers242424 wrote: are the chairs in good condition?
Definite damage to the rubber armrests. The shiny ones have lots of scratches. I couldn’t tell if it was chrome or not. Though I note that Haworth sells polished aluminum so if these ones are - it might buff out. From some labels under the chair, it looks like the chairs were purchased from Brooks Corning.

I agree the chairs are comfy. If you can figure out the armrests, and need 2 chairs, I think it’s a good buy given the quality.
mmmmm BBQ! Chunder Time!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6269 posts
1511 upvotes
Any cycling stuff or did they move that all to their new store
Dec 6, 2005
602 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
I'll be passing on this sale unfortunately. Having stated that, we need decathlon to come in and open up in this location. It'd be a perfect fit.
Nov 8, 2010
237 posts
54 upvotes
Burnaby
what time did you guys go today? you think it'll be open by 10am?

Do you remember how many chairs they had? Just dont want to go and there's so little left.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3875 posts
3304 upvotes
Xeph820 wrote: what time did you guys go today? you think it'll be open by 10am?

Do you remember how many chairs they had? Just dont want to go and there's so little left.
It opens at 10 today
Feb 27, 2011
53 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
There seems to be only a handful of chairs left. The high backed shiney ones appear to be all sold out on the floor.
Mar 7, 2006
123 posts
168 upvotes
Guncho wrote: Fair enough.

I wish I had been better informed when they had elections. I never voted as I never had a clue who anyone was or what they stood for.
It really didn't matter if you voted. The election was rigged from the start because they marked who you should vote for on the ballots. Imagine if you went to a federal election and certain candidates names were marked as recommended. Moreover, most of the candidates were of the corporate type who didn't appear to have any of MECs core values on mind. In addition, to show you how much this election didn't matter, this election occured right before the sale of the company.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1236 posts
1037 upvotes
Vancouver
Just came back, probably five basic office chairs left 30mins ago.
Lots of free racks, include bike racks. Lots of office furnitures and monitor arms.
Oct 20, 2010
202 posts
64 upvotes
BC
iRon(V)oNKeY wrote: It really didn't matter if you voted. The election was rigged from the start because they marked who you should vote for on the ballots. Imagine if you went to a federal election and certain candidates names were marked as recommended. Moreover, most of the candidates were of the corporate type who didn't appear to have any of MECs core values on mind. In addition, to show you how much this election didn't matter, this election occured right before the sale of the company.
to be fair, when I receive letters for stockholder AGM elections (other companies, not MEC), it's the same thing
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
7909 posts
3762 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
beatdownvictim wrote: Having stated that, we need decathlon to come in and open up in this location. It'd be a perfect fit.
I still say too high rent for them, and they probably hate that and any lease that locks them in. Hopefully their little experiment with RCSS (earn PCO points by shopping through the RCSS portal) and Loblaw's is a sign of things to come.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Feb 4, 2014
210 posts
148 upvotes
Kingston
There is still quite a bit of stuff there. Lots of clothes (looked used), crampons, 2-monitor and 1-monitor arms, wallets, shelves, etc. Everything is BOGO, some things are free. I also saw some nice and quiet file cabinets that were not even priced yet. It's worth checking out if you live nearby.
Feb 14, 2018
463 posts
383 upvotes
iRon(V)oNKeY wrote: It really didn't matter if you voted. The election was rigged from the start because they marked who you should vote for on the ballots. Imagine if you went to a federal election and certain candidates names were marked as recommended. Moreover, most of the candidates were of the corporate type who didn't appear to have any of MECs core values on mind. In addition, to show you how much this election didn't matter, this election occured right before the sale of the company.
Also they never posted the results of the final election. Used the pandemic as an excuse, and sold the company without giving up control to the new board.
Dec 30, 2007
42 posts
121 upvotes
Pallet of pressure treated 2x6 x4’ lengths with rounded edges. $2 but buy 1 get one Free so essentially $1 each. They close at 5pm.
Images
  • E2F40D4A-4B6F-4D1D-9859-8567F12E420B.jpeg
Dec 10, 2006
956 posts
456 upvotes
Vancouver
They have 10+ elite directo direct drive bike trainers for $100. But they all have notes on them saying defective. No refund either so it’s a gamble.
Jun 21, 2011
128 posts
40 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Is it closed now? I was there at 2 pm. Bought kids clothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7312 posts
7132 upvotes
Calgary
coolwasabi wrote: to be fair, this once loved Canadian institution was kinda responsible for their own downfall by abandoning their core values and customers in an effort to become a bigger and more mainstream company
Nah. Shit happens in retail. To be fair.