Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal

Z Fold 3 owners thread!

Considering so many people bought this phone on RFD we can all learn about tips and tricks from each other! I am super excited to receive it!

Good cases link!

96 replies
Mar 7, 2019
238 posts
268 upvotes
Does anyone know of a clear case with black edges on the sides? All clear cases start yellowing at the sides within 2 months usually.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2029 posts
767 upvotes
Getting a clear case with my cream zflip3. going to put stickers and decorate it :D
Apr 27, 2020
228 posts
170 upvotes
Got the official Samsung silicon cover green.

Have you guys noticed the negative reviews about the Fold 3 while everyone is praising the Flip 3?
Mar 20, 2015
102 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Toredmo wrote: Got the official Samsung silicon cover green.

Have you guys noticed the negative reviews about the Fold 3 while everyone is praising the Flip 3?
haters gon' hate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
RFDGuy123 wrote: Does anyone know of a clear case with black edges on the sides? All clear cases start yellowing at the sides within 2 months usually.
Not that I have seen bit soon more cases will come out!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
Toredmo wrote: Got the official Samsung silicon cover green.

Yup its all the IPhone sheep's... hating until Apple will come out with a folding phone then thry will say it's the best phone ever made...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1000 posts
624 upvotes
Bought some cases off Aliexpress not going with generic Amazon spigen stuff
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Aug 22, 2003
258 posts
64 upvotes
Burnaby
Brea wrote: Bought some cases off Aliexpress not going with generic Amazon spigen stuff
As did I. There seems to be more selection there, more interesting styles, and better prices. People are going to call it crap, but I've got some good stuff from there in the past. Sure it will take a month to get here, but I'm planning to 3d print a soft PLA case while I wait.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
Brea wrote: Bought some cases off Aliexpress not going with generic Amazon spigen stuff
Really I wouldn't trust a $5 case on a 2k phone...
Dec 23, 2011
168 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Patiently waiting for my fold 3
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1000 posts
624 upvotes
morris_the_cat wrote: As did I. There seems to be more selection there, more interesting styles, and better prices. People are going to call it crap, but I've got some good stuff from there in the past. Sure it will take a month to get here, but I'm planning to 3d print a soft PLA case while I wait.
Yep... Aliexpress has tons of gems you just have to shop well
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
I am looking for a car stand to keep the Fold opened up anyone found one by any chance?
Aug 27, 2009
664 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
danzerino wrote: I am looking for a car stand to keep the Fold opened up anyone found one by any chance?
I ordered this one from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000586610158.html

The problem with it is that you need to put it power and volume button down in landscape to get the wireless charging, so you need to unlock the phone before putting it in. I guess you might be able to set to unlock automatically in the car.

I also ordered some screen protectors as i want something for the spine and in case there's no front screen protector. The inside screen already has a pre-installed screen protector that you shouldn't cover or remove.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
cool canuck wrote: I ordered this one from aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000586610158.html

The problem with it is that you need to put it power and volume button down in landscape to get the wireless charging, so you need to unlock the phone before putting it in. I guess you might be able to set to unlock automatically in the car.

I also ordered some screen protectors as i want something for the spine and in case there's no front screen protector. The inside screen already has a pre-installed screen protector that you shouldn't cover or remove.
Interesting looks like a decent option!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19286 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
So is this also for Flip 3? lol

Do you think Screen Protectors are necessary?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 27, 2009
664 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote: Do you think Screen Protectors are necessary?
For the Fold, definitely, unless there's already one on there. The front screen is on the outside of the phone so prone to scratches. I'm super careful with my phone but even so i've dropped it lots of times so it'd be nice to have some protection which is why i want to cover the spine which isn't protected by most slim fit cases. The more rugged cases that cover the spine of the fold won't lie flat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
bembol wrote: So is this also for Flip 3? lol

Do you think Screen Protectors are necessary?
It already has screen protectors installed no need.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19286 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
I noticed after watching a few reviews.

Order finally went through! It was the freaking postal code format. LOL

Let's get some love for the Flip. Edit the title please. :)
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal
bembol wrote: I noticed after watching a few reviews.

Order finally went through! It was the freaking postal code format. LOL

Let's get some love for the Flip. Edit the title please. :)
Nothing against flip liners but rather keep this thread for Z Fold only. Would be too much if we mix it up. The fold is so unique!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)