Z Fold 3 owners thread!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 4:49 pm
Tags:
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
I Just received new case from Aliexpress & it only cost $9.59US including shipping. They even included a free front screen hydrogel protector which wasn't even mentioned when I bought it. Nice and snug, fits pretty good. The leather is quite nice. I'd say it's well built. I prefer a softer TPU type of material, while this is a hard plastic, but will do & protect the phone well (except the spine) until somebody releases a nicer case that catches my eye. For now I just wanted to get something, better than nothing.
Photo-4.jpeg
Photo-1.jpeg
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
morris_the_cat wrote: I Just received new case from Aliexpress & it only cost $9.59US including shipping. They even included a free front screen hydrogel protector which wasn't even mentioned when I bought it. Nice and snug, fits pretty good. The leather is quite nice. I'd say it's well built. I prefer a softer TPU type of material, while this is a hard plastic, but will do & protect the phone well (except the spine) until somebody releases a nicer case that catches my eye. For now I just wanted to get something, better than nothing.

Photo-4.jpeg
Photo-1.jpeg
link?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 31, 2006
488 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I ordered this one for about $10:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK19sM3

Arrived from China in less than 2 weeks... fits so nice that I'm thinking of canceling my official samsung aramid case order.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
My front screen already has bubbles on the edges... anyone also have thst?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
danzerino wrote: My front screen already has bubbles on the edges... anyone also have thst?
Mine hasn't bubbled yet. But just received the Samsung aramid case and it's not bad, nice and thin. Fold3 has the latest gorilla glass victus so I might just peel it off.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
EP32k2 wrote: Mine hasn't bubbled yet. But just received the Samsung aramid case and it's not bad, nice and thin. Fold3 has the latest gorilla glass victus so I might just peel it off.
Nice I would hope it's good for almost $100 for a case lol
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
Did anyone trade in a phone to Samsung? I sent my trade in on August 30th, it was delivered on the 31st. But the trade status page still says "Awating Shipment". They've had it for almost a week now. The trade value is contingent on them receiving it by September 5th...

Does that mean it has to be delivered by then or it needs to be processed by then?

I've heard horror stories about their trade in program, but I'm hoping this is "normal"
Mar 8, 2011
11 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
My trade in was delievered on Sept 2 but also shows "awaiting shipment" on the samsung trade in tracking page.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I posted this issue on Flip3 thread. I guess no one knows.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1379 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
I bought two in-car mounts a few weeks ago from Ali Express for $26 and Canada Post tracking said they were delivered yesterday, but I couldn't find the package when I got home, probably means some a-hole stole it. Chances are they'll be useless to the bastard cuz they weren't regular sized mounts, they were tablet sized to accomodate the Fold3. I also have cases/protectors incoming, hopefully they'll make it to my hands.

BTW, this Reddit thread about the groove cracking :O https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/pjng16/my_friends_fold3_after_just_2_weeks_of_use/
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
FYI, I found a couple of cases that hold the S-pen that are quite a bit less than the samsung one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... LV1UJ&mp=1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 4c4dsyME5F

The 2nd one I saw elswhere for $50US, and comes with a stand. After the discount, it's only $24C here. I like that it comes with a stand built in. I read elswhere that those stands don't interfere with the wireless charging. I ordered it so we'll see how it goes when it arrives in a few weeks.
Jan 6, 2007
473 posts
339 upvotes
Has anyone got the s pen case yet in Canada?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Package was left on front stairs this morning got home to be surprised it came. Setting up right now.Nice looking device. Pictures to come
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Whygas wrote: Has anyone got the s pen case yet in Canada?
Yes its really crap not worth the $$$$
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
So my power/fingerprint button has a lose feel tactile feel clicks. Thought it was by design but reading online theres alot of people either with the issue, never had the issue but after a week there button now has the click and then others who dont have the issue at all.
Some say samsung says its a known issue and others are saying samsung told them its normal.

So anyones phones here have this noise/feel? normal?
Buy first think later!
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
blazed16 wrote: So my power/fingerprint button has a lose feel tactile feel clicks. Thought it was by design but reading online theres alot of people either with the issue, never had the issue but after a week there button now has the click and then others who dont have the issue at all.
Some say samsung says its a known issue and others are saying samsung told them its normal.

So anyones phones here have this noise/feel? normal?
The 1st or 2nd day of ownership I've had the power button loose the tactile click, and was worried it wasn't working any more & I had a dud. After some investigation discovered that it was jammed a bit so I jiggled it a bit and set it free and it worked again. This happened 2x, and since then I have been more careful with it and hasn't happened since. I didn't know there were lots of people with a similar issue. Where did you read this?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
morris_the_cat wrote: The 1st or 2nd day of ownership I've had the power button loose the tactile click, and was worried it wasn't working any more & I had a dud. After some investigation discovered that it was jammed a bit so I jiggled it a bit and set it free and it worked again. This happened 2x, and since then I have been more careful with it and hasn't happened since. I didn't know there were lots of people with a similar issue. Where did you read this?
theres a few different threads on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/com ... ton_loose/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/com ... ir_fold_3/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/com ... old_fold3/
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
I am wondering what do you guys use to clean the inner display?
Jan 6, 2007
473 posts
339 upvotes
danzerino wrote: I am wondering what do you guys use to clean the inner display?
Microfiber cloth.
The screen has a protector on it. It seems quite durable and looks like samsung will replace it for free