• Nov 25th, 2021 4:49 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Whygas wrote: Microfiber cloth.
The screen has a protector on it. It seems quite durable and looks like samsung will replace it for free
Yes the inner protector is good but I already removed the outer protector because it was peeling and it pissed me off
Jan 6, 2007
473 posts
339 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Yes the inner protector is good but I already removed the outer protector because it was peeling and it pissed me off
I just replaced mine today. The outer one was scratched pretty bad.
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
6 posts
6 upvotes
Are you guys leaving the outside screen naked or put on a glass screen protector?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
TopAgnt wrote: Are you guys leaving the outside screen naked or put on a glass screen protector?
In leaving it naked tbh. I like the way it feels and it's the best for me when I use it. I actually use the outside screen quite a lot for quick messages and texts I love it
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
6 posts
6 upvotes
danzerino wrote: In leaving it naked tbh. I like the way it feels and it's the best for me when I use it. I actually use the outside screen quite a lot for quick messages and texts I love it
I like the phone naked as well, but it's so damn slippery!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
I would have left the preapplied protector on the outside but it peeled on me so I removed it. Not bothering to replace it.
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
I received the dark blue version of this case today and it is fantastic. It holds the S-Pen nicely, works on my wireless Qi charger (obviously with S-Pen removed) even through all the thickness of the stand and fabrics, the stand holds it a an optimum angle for movies, and the stand magnetically stays shut. One gripe is that I have applied a hydrogel screen protector on the outside small screen on top of the existing factory screen protector, and the case pushes the hodrogel one off a bit into a bubble, so I had to trim the hydrogel screen protector a bit so that doesn't happen - no big deal. Like others, this doesn't have spine protection when folded, so still need to be careful.
Aug 31, 2006
488 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
morris_the_cat wrote: FYI, I found a couple of cases that hold the S-pen that are quite a bit less than the samsung one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 4c4dsyME5F

The 2nd one I saw elswhere for $50US, and comes with a stand. After the discount, it's only $24C here. I like that it comes with a stand built in. I read elswhere that those stands don't interfere with the wireless charging. I ordered it so we'll see how it goes when it arrives in a few weeks.
Ordered this one and it just arrived today... Pretty slim, and smells like genuine leather. Way better design than the official samsung folio case w/ pen. But unfortunately it doesn't appear to work with my wireless charger (even without the pen attached). I will use this for situations where I need to have the pen with me (or a stand), but my daily driver will still be the official aramid case.
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
Strange how yours isn't working with the wireless charger. I've now tried it on 2 aftermarket wireless charge pads, the free one that came with the Fold 3 deal, and the wireless pad built into my car - all worked perfectly. Maybe you just need to move it around a bit until the coils line up?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
Received mine from Amazon today (yeah, I was impatient so paid the higher price) and while it does wirelessly charge for me, I don't like how the phone sits on a table when the S Pen is attached to the case.

Mignt be going back as I can probably get a better option soon for the price I paid.
Aug 31, 2006
488 posts
284 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
morris_the_cat wrote: Strange how yours isn't working with the wireless charger. I've now tried it on 2 aftermarket wireless charge pads, the free one that came with the Fold 3 deal, and the wireless pad built into my car - all worked perfectly. Maybe you just need to move it around a bit until the coils line up?
Ok, it was the wireless charger... Doesn't like the (older) official convertible samsung charger (the one that has the soft "leathery" pad)... probably because there is so much padding on it. Works fine on other wireless chargers.
Oct 6, 2021
61 posts
24 upvotes
Winnipeg
I am late to the game. Samsung Canada website does not have any deals on the fold 3. Does anyone know a website that is cheaper to purchase a sealed fold 3? Swiftronics has it for $2100. That's the best deal I found so far
Jan 6, 2007
473 posts
339 upvotes
Flash1986 wrote: I am late to the game. Samsung Canada website does not have any deals on the fold 3. Does anyone know a website that is cheaper to purchase a sealed fold 3? Swiftronics has it for $2100. That's the best deal I found so far
Perkopolis can get you 10 to 20% off
Venngo can get you 10%
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
danzerino wrote: I am wondering what do you guys use to clean the inner display?
Whoosh! Screen Shine.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
Cases are 50% off on Samsung.ca I got the Aramid case finally!
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
Just recieved this case the other day, and after a day of use, it is my favourite. Soft rubber feel to it, but solid inards. Has a sticky adhesive for the side with front/back screen on it to make sure it doesn't slip. Protects the spine very well with a strong magnet when closed. Has a nice pipout kickstand on the back, that doesn't interfere with wireless charging. Has good protection around the camera lens too. I'd recomend it. I think I paid about $21.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 4c4dAn4pQz
Hcfeda3f277fb4c8e8c8eeaa661615c048.jpg