• Apr 7th, 2020 9:03 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15064 posts
2645 upvotes

Zantac Product Banned by FDA

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... tac-market
“The FDA is committed to ensuring that the medicines Americans take are safe and effective. We make every effort to investigate potential health risks and provide our recommendations to the public based on the best available science. We didn’t observe unacceptable levels of NDMA in many of the samples that we tested. However, since we don’t know how or for how long the product might have been stored, we decided that it should not be available to consumers and patients unless its quality can be assured,” said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “The FDA will continue our efforts to ensure impurities in other drugs do not exceed acceptable limits so that patients can continue taking medicines without concern.”
3 replies
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4723 posts
1396 upvotes
0 downvotes
This is old news, I heard about this news about Zantac like some time mid last year, I was taking Zantac for the last year but stopped ever since I heard this news. Sucks but waiting for the Ontario Ministry of Health to make a statement on it.
Hi
Apr 11, 2020
1 posts
Costco (Ottawa) put their Kirkland brand back on the shelves about 2 months ago and I was able to pick some up. The pharmacist claimed that the issues had been resolved.

Has anyone seen the Kirkland Maximum Strength Acid Reducer at Costco recently?

With the recent FDA announcement, I don't know if I should take these again or not.