Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

3D bluray - 7 titles @ $ 5.49 CDN

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
December 12, 2019
Retailer:
zavvi
Zavvi latest price drop alert has a few 3D titles at $5.49. As always check in the movie description whether the disk is region-free or is region ABC so that it will play in North American blu-ray players, unless you own a region-free player as I do.

XMen: Days of Future Past 3D
The Wolverine 3D
Prometheus 3D
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D
Assassin's Creed 3D
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D
The Book of Life 3D

TIP: To shorten the list, you can enter 3D in the search box and order the results by price. Also set the currency to CAD and country to UK in the upper right of the page.
11 replies
Oct 6, 2008
160 posts
113 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just an FYI, they're listed as Region B discs so you'll need a player that can play them.

Edit: Sorry I just realized you mentioned that in your op.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1477 posts
183 upvotes
Lévis
PeterS582 wrote: Also set the currency to CAD and country to UK in the upper right of the page.
Tried to set region UK and currency $CDN and got a window with this message:

"Content Not Available
This content does not exist in the region you are trying to visit. Would you like to continue?.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Pourquoi pas?
Oct 3, 2010
69 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
I’m a fan of 3D as well and I’m still rocking a Full HD 3D Plasma tv, which still works great. But I’m considering upgrading to a 4K soon (probably OLED) as prices have dropped and more content is available..

Is there any 4K TVs with 3D? I can’t find any..

Where/How do you watch your 3D movies today?
Nov 24, 2013
123 posts
52 upvotes
Burnaby
ed_sp wrote: I’m a fan of 3D as well and I’m still rocking a Full HD 3D Plasma tv, which still works great. But I’m considering upgrading to a 4K soon (probably OLED) as prices have dropped and more content is available..

Is there any 4K TVs with 3D? I can’t find any..

Where/How do you watch your 3D movies today?
Companies have ditched 3d in North America so you won't see 3d feature in TV's and projectors. There's still a few 3d bluray releases but you'll end up having to get 3d from other countries like I did with Taiwan copy of valarian. You can watch 3d in vr headsets
Nov 7, 2014
716 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
digitalpixies wrote: . You can watch 3d in vr headsets
Do you know if there is a way to get the 3D VR videos to work on a 3D TV?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2013
69 posts
156 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
There are now a few projectors that support both 3D (1080p) and 4K projection. Example: Optoma 51A or 51ALV recently had a price drop.
Personally, I am still using a 65 inch Samsung plasma tv that supports 3D but not 4K, but am considering buying a projector and screen.
I buy some of my 3D films from zavvi or Amazon UK, but the latter has started charging import fees when shipping to Canada.

fyi. I ordered this deal (below) in October and have just tested that all 10 disks work on a North American blu-ray (I have 2 blu-ray 3D players, one is a region-free Sony)
Another 3D blu-ray deal that is still available is 10+ IMAX documentaries in 3D for $14.98 at an Amazon.ca vendor plus 3.49 shipping but no sales tax.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015Q0 ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by PeterS582 on Dec 8th, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2013
69 posts
156 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
I now see the same message, but then I click on the "go to UK" button and it works.
In the past, I have noticed that unless you choose 'shipping to Canada', region = UK, then the default of shipping to US doesn't allow finding the European version of the 3D disk.
Nov 24, 2013
123 posts
52 upvotes
Burnaby
panckage wrote: Do you know if there is a way to get the 3D VR videos to work on a 3D TV?
Your 3d tv should be able to natively accept sbs or topdown video sources and render them in alternating frames. Both my tv and projector can do this. If it cannot you can use Kodi and turn on the 3d video settings to turn your sbs or topdown video into a proper 3d source for your tv to autodetect. But Kodi menus might end up being challenging to navigate after this setting is enabled.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1477 posts
183 upvotes
Lévis
PeterS582 wrote: I now see the same message, but then I click on the "go to UK" button and it works.
In the past, I have noticed that unless you choose 'shipping to Canada', region = UK, then the default of shipping to US doesn't allow finding the European version of the 3D disk.
True but then the price goes up to 7,49$.
Anyway I don't have a region free player so no go for me.
Pourquoi pas?
Nov 7, 2014
716 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
digitalpixies wrote: Your 3d tv should be able to natively accept sbs or topdown video sources and render them in alternating frames. Both my tv and projector can do this. If it cannot you can use Kodi and turn on the 3d video settings to turn your sbs or topdown video into a proper 3d source for your tv to autodetect. But Kodi menus might end up being challenging to navigate after this setting is enabled.
Just to confirm you are talking about the 180 degree and 360 degree 3D VR video viewing?
Nov 24, 2013
123 posts
52 upvotes
Burnaby
panckage wrote: Just to confirm you are talking about the 180 degree and 360 degree 3D VR video viewing?
kodi just offers a way to read the sbs or topdown video so it's unrelated to VR. I made a comment earlier about VR headsets allowing watching 3d video content, depending on the program you're using, it'll allow you to play the 180/360 VR videos as well as playing back sbs/topdown video sources.

i forgot to mention also you can use playstation VR headset to watch 3d blurays. in all these VR headsets, you're watching the 3d content from a distance so it doesn't necessarily cover your peripheral vision unless you're able to change your VR position (ps4's don't do that but i recall being able to do that in one of the apps with my oculus rift)

for watching VR, probably easier to just play the off of a google cardboard. there was a couple of 3d/VR android apps that allowed me to play off network smb/nfs.

hope this helps.