• Jan 14th, 2020 10:41 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 23, 2008
905 posts
183 upvotes

Zelda games: order of play

Hi !
never really played a Zelda game before but i'm about to finish A link between worlds (3ds) ans it was very fun.

I Have a 3ds (wit a r4 flash cart so I can play ds games) , a mini snes, a wii and a wii u.

My plan is :

1) finish A link between worlds
2) Ocarina of time (3ds)
3) majora's mask (3ds)
4) Wind waker hd (Wii u)
6) Twilight princess (wii or wii u)
7) Breath of the wild (Wii u)

Would it be good ?
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5516 posts
4807 upvotes
All of the games you've listed are worth playing in any order...

If you're a gamer and get through games quickly, then yeah, looks good. I'd throw in Link's Awakening at the top of the list too.

If you're the type to get stuck on a dungeon for months at a time, I'd skip right to Breath of the Wild.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2008
905 posts
183 upvotes
Thanks ! is gettin a Switch for Breath of the wild is a must or it's good enough on the wii U (I can get the game for ....free on the wii u)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5237 posts
924 upvotes
calgary
I'd strongly suggest playing Links Awakening.

Its probably my favorite Zelda game after breath of the wild, Ocarina of Time, and Link to the past.

The new remaster is incredibly well done too but it's on switch only.

I never played breath of the wild on Wiiu but IRRC it's mostly the same game albiet at a lower resolution with some more performance issues. The best part about it is you can play it anywhere.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7555 posts
4149 upvotes
Toronto
tostaky wrote: Thanks ! is gettin a Switch for Breath of the wild is a must or it's good enough on the wii U (I can get the game for ....free on the wii u)
I finished BOTW on WiiU and briefly played it on Switch and there's practically no difference. The difference in resolution hardly matters with its cartoony graphics, and performance is mostly the same, WiiU just dips a bit more in towns. That said the best way to play the game is on CEMU if you have a good PC

Also don't skip Skyward Sword. It has some flaws and starts a little slow but it also has some of the best dungeons and gameplay in the series.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8158 posts
2635 upvotes
My rankings of the Zelda games I've finished.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS remake over the N64 original)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch Remake)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U HD version over the Nintendo GameCube original)
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U HD version over the Nintendo GameCube original)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 3DS remake over the N64 original)
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - would rank this higher if it did not have imprecise forced motion controls and no alternate control options.

The rest of the mainline Zelda games, I have not finished or played long enough to consider listing them here (Spirit Tracks, other older games).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6230 posts
5071 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Honestly, if you liked one, you'll probably love em all
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5516 posts
4807 upvotes
tostaky wrote: Hi !
never really played a Zelda game before but i'm about to finish A link between worlds (3ds) ans it was very fun.

I Have a 3ds (wit a r4 flash cart so I can play ds games) , a mini snes, a wii and a wii u.

My plan is :

1) finish A link between worlds
2) Ocarina of time (3ds)
3) majora's mask (3ds)
4) Wind waker hd (Wii u)
6) Twilight princess (wii or wii u)
7) Breath of the wild (Wii u)

Would it be good ?
Oh wow. I didn't realize that LTTP didn't make your list... if you're going to play them all, definitely include A Link to the Past
[OP]
Jul 23, 2008
905 posts
183 upvotes
Thanks !

I thought that a link between worlds is more or less the same than A link to the past, that's why I didnt included it in the list.
Sep 2, 2009
639 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
I recommend trying the original Zelda on the NES. I still play it every year or two.
XFactor11 wrote: 9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - would rank this higher if it did not have imprecise forced motion controls and no alternate control options.
So much this. I wish I could have finished that game but I could not get consistent response.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)