Zellers: Most underrated store around.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2010 11:38 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 3, 2008
602 posts
261 upvotes
I find some of them a bit ghetto but they are quieter. And I find that they don't have that cheap plastic shoe smell that Walmart has.

I go to Zellers less than Walmart but when I do go, I usually find what I am looking for. Once I found peppermint Junior Mints at Christmas there, and that was the only place that carried them. They were realllly good.
Think much, speak little, write less.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
My main problem with Zellers is how the store dresses itself & how it smells. Something about the smell in every zellers I go to. Smells like what you'd think a dead person would smell like if you hung out with them too much.

And yea, i guess dressing up is important. I don't want to see stuff thrown all over the shelves even if it is a busy part of the day. Walmart does a good job of folding items, placing them where they should go (for the most part) and generally looking more attractive than zellers.

But if I need something that's on sale there, i'll check it out.
Jan 20, 2009
448 posts
29 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: Not impressed with the Kingston Zellers, at all

Its nice the gm invites contact with his email on all receipts...but you'll never get a response

They won't follow corporate policy on accepting coupons printed from manufacturer websites. Eventual response from the gm(after copying corporate) was I could make an appointment when he'd be there, and after inspecting the coupon he'd decide if he'd take it (this despite me providing him a link to the coupon, and already hearing from zellers their policy is to take them, and they knew of the specific coupon). Would never hear a word of problem at walmart.

Many, many problems in the electronics section getting them to honour flyer deals including last saturday .

Piles of products in the store no price tag/wrong price tag. have had them argue against honoring a very clear, intended, price tag with "what ever it scans at is it", despite their long standing (no longer prominently signed) "We'll honour the lower of scanned/displayed price".

A writer for the Whig did a piece on them a few weeks ago (didn't name them but described them) about the problem her disabled son had with the contest they ran with the bingo. it wasn't zellers fault someone at the bingo stole his prize, but she pointed out she called management and was promised they would look into it and get back to her...and she never heard from them again(it was zellers contest, zellers handing out the tickets, and zellers providing the prizes). The gm there could not care less about anyone's issue.

I do agree with "very few people there " though lol. Away from Xmas its a ghost town.
I totally agree.
Penalty Box
May 8, 2006
1094 posts
99 upvotes
extraleanham wrote: I checked about 7 stores and settled on Zellers for my winter coat at $50. A similar coat was $90 at walmart. Im very picky about style but not brand name. Everywhere else it was way more expensive.

LOL

Hey extraleangreymatter - did the 'foreigners' get handed all the taste too?

What a laugh.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
273 upvotes
Thank you so much for this thread. starting to discover what a great store Zellers is.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)