• Dec 30th, 2017 3:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3984 posts
1004 upvotes
I love that Zellers. Grabbed a bunch of stuff from there this year

Note that 60%-70% off is the norm for that store, and I'm guessing that there aren't many 90% off offers. IMO I'd wait until January when all the Boxing Week sales from the Bay get transferred to this store
Ebay - 267 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 86 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Oct 28, 2004
358 posts
117 upvotes
Were there a lot of duvets left yesterday? I need a duvet but don't want to make the trip if it's likely everything is sold out! Thanks!

westnylefx wrote: Zellers - Queensway & Kipling - up to 90% off. Sticker deals are back

Great place to stop in if you are shopping today.

Just got back with a Ralph lauren duvet which was 99$+tax
Also bought afew knits for 20$ each.

There is a number of deals and those colored sticker tags are all over, 50-90% off depending on the color of sticker.

The Ralph Lauren Duvet is 599 from the bay normally.

Also another fire deal i noticed I was eyeing a Perry Ellis winter jacket for 59.99 (normally 299.) but i could not find a medium and i dont like wearing stuff too big or too small.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3380 posts
2025 upvotes
Kitchener
Diggingupbones wrote: Zellers restaurant = Clubhouse with fries n gravy
Zellers restaurent had some of the best food. Good times...Lots of times, I'd go in just for the food.
Why can't we all just get along?
Mar 3, 2005
318 posts
171 upvotes
I frequent this store. But 90% off is a rarity. Most often starts at 30% until they get to minimum quantities and then slowly start creeping up. Beware..i bought some BNIB kitchen stuff that turned out to be returns with issues. Ie. Broken dish rack base and missing wheel. I was pissed but some items are purchased as final sale so I couldn't return them. That being said, there are sometimes I find a deal. Just be wary.
:cheesygri
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6623 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't see anything for 90% off. Most were 30-40% off.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1342 posts
197 upvotes
Thornhill
I have to re-read the title 4 times to make sure I wasn't mistaken or something.

Interesting...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2107 posts
388 upvotes
great store... if you want to get depressed
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1058 posts
487 upvotes
Torontario
getro wrote: Zeddy The Teddy shall rise like a Phoenix, rising from the ashes.
I think this might happen sooner that some people think...
Feb 13, 2013
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
goat wrote: I love that Zellers. Grabbed a bunch of stuff from there this year

Note that 60%-70% off is the norm for that store, and I'm guessing that there aren't many 90% off offers. IMO I'd wait until January when all the Boxing Week sales from the Bay get transferred to this store
Hi goat, have you seen this occur in years past? I was thinking of swinging by before the boxing day week is out (first time in one since I used to visit with my grandmother a decade ago!). But if you're confident that January is the better call to make I'll wait it out.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6843 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
ohnabatko wrote: I think this might happen sooner that some people think...
If they dare to come back, they should at least change their image by adopting a new mascot instead of Zeddy... I propose a cucumber

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2178 posts
319 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
roblombardi wrote: If they dare to come back, they should at least change their image by adopting a new mascot instead of Zeddy... I propose a cucumber

oh the memories! made me chuckle!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1623 posts
2267 upvotes
St Clements, MB
I wonder if all Hudson's Bay and Home Outfitters stores across Canada ship their imperfect Green Tag merchandise to these two Zellers stores in Ontario.
Mar 26, 2009
295 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
elijahmaxim wrote: Hi goat, have you seen this occur in years past? I was thinking of swinging by before the boxing day week is out (first time in one since I used to visit with my grandmother a decade ago!). But if you're confident that January is the better call to make I'll wait it out.
The store has great deals throughout the year...the additional sale is periodic but the prices are still pretty good, just need to know what the sale price of an item can be at the Bay to understand if it's a good deal. As someone else mentioned, double check your purchase as some items are damaged/as-is/returns. If you purchase any appliances, it is a final sale with no warranty.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3984 posts
1004 upvotes
elijahmaxim wrote: Hi goat, have you seen this occur in years past? I was thinking of swinging by before the boxing day week is out (first time in one since I used to visit with my grandmother a decade ago!). But if you're confident that January is the better call to make I'll wait it out.
I've purchased a few items this year, including a bed at 60% off (although I doubt anybody was buying at full price from The Bay)
I frequent the store and have made some good purchases throughout the year. I've never seen 90% off, though

the January comment is just a hunch on my part. I've seen the store overflowing with products, and I've seen it with not much. Just depends on when they get shipments from HBC

As many have said, do make sure you double and triple check everything prior to checking out.
We've picked up items quickly, then after inspecting put them back because they were damaged

Best Finds:

$90 - King
$37.50
$1100
King - $1300 i think?
Ebay - 267 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
Grailed - 86 - 0 - 0
Feb 13, 2013
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
dma, goat, appreciate the info! Good deal hunting to you both.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3984 posts
1004 upvotes
At the store now
Lots of clothes and couches. Not too much in terms of kitchenware
Leaving empty handed, personally
Ebay - 267 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
Grailed - 86 - 0 - 0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2728 posts
539 upvotes
dma87 wrote: The store has great deals throughout the year...the additional sale is periodic but the prices are still pretty good, just need to know what the sale price of an item can be at the Bay to understand if it's a good deal. As someone else mentioned, double check your purchase as some items are damaged/as-is/returns. If you purchase any appliances, it is a final sale with no warranty.
Its only Appliances that are final sale anything else, even shoes returns/warranty is no issue there, I dont ever get final sale on clothes there, I returned coats and shoes before mainly..