• Dec 6th, 2019 11:38 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 10, 2019
2 posts

Zenza Bronica

Hi all,

I found a box at my grand-father house with a Zenza Bronica camera, lenses and accessories in it. I don’t know anything in photography but with some research, I think the model would be S2A.

Does anybody here can help me finding the value of it and/or refer me a place to seek info? I have more pictures of it if needed.

Thanks
Images
  • image.jpg
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4119 posts
695 upvotes
Toronto
The Bronicas were a less expensive Japanese adaptation of the Hasselblad camera form-factor. They had a reputation for having really great lenses but very iffy backs.

As with all niche older cameras like this, the major issue is that there are very few parts left, and even fewer people who know how to service the cameras. If your camera is non-functional and the lenses are cloudy, its value could be near zero, but if everything is pristine (doubtful if it's been sitting in a closet for a long time) then you might be in the $400-$500 range for that kit.

You could try a camera fair in your area (there are camera fairs in Toronto and Montreal at least a couple of times per year, likely elsewhere as well) where there tend to be more aficionados. Or you could ask your local camera retailer with a used section if they have a go-to repairperson you could contact.
[OP]
Nov 10, 2019
2 posts
Thanks for the help and info! I’ll look for a retailer here in Quebec City.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4119 posts
695 upvotes
Toronto
isnogoud wrote: Thanks for the help and info! I’ll look for a retailer here in Quebec City.
Yes -- if there is a store that sells used film cameras (which I'm sure there is) they will be able to point you to a repairperson who can assess its condition. (The likelihood of an average camera store employee circa 2019 being able to determine if your camera is in working order, is about zero)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
If everything works, don't sell it under 500-600