Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zhiyun

WALMART 88$ FOR Zhiyun- Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for Smartphones Free Ship + e-voucher can be applied

Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2107 posts
1719 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal, had to take off the case from my pixel xl1 to make it fit nicely though. Didn't bother me as I had to clip on lenses anyways (need a counter weight for this).

Other than that, the battery lasts forever and its SO easy to balance. Compared to my new Crane M2 which requires so much fiddling, this one (and probably other phone-specific gimbals) allow you to just hold down the auto balance button and it does all the work for you.

If I had to do it again for a phone setup, I would get the new osmo which is foldable. This one gets clunky in your bag, but is a good starter gimbal at this price. And for those that bought this Smooth Q, get the Zhiyun app to allow you to change the pan speeds. Helps a lot if you want slower pan for circling around bigger subjects etc. I also experienced micro stutters, but I fixed those in post anyways.
Thatdealguy wrote: I got an unopened smooth 4. Is it better than smooth q?
I believe the smooth Q is a basic model side grade of the Smooth 2, which was replaced by the Smooth 3 and now the Smooth 4. So the Smooth 4 is better and has more controls. Also, the Smooth Q2 is coming out now. I haven't looked into it much though.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
I have the dji version, Dunno about being cinematic. I just wanted watchable video of my kids doing their sports events Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes it works! Good price, nice find
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
Thatdealguy wrote: I got an unopened smooth 4. Is it better than smooth q?
The smooth 4 has a lot more functions, but if I remember, you need to use the native zhiyun app to take advantage of some of them (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Mar 8, 2008
250 posts
160 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the Smooth Q2 when it was released but I haven't had a change to use it other than film my puppy.
While I can't speak for the the Smooth Q but there were several reasons why I bought the Q2 over the DJI.
- Q2 is smaller than the Dji Osmo Mobile 3
- Made of aluminum rather than Plastic
- Removable phone holder so you're not always trying to balance.

The DJI might come with more if you buy the combo pack and the app might have an edge for Zhiyun's but if I'm using apps like Filmic Pro or the default camera app I should be fine.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Although I have 2 Zhiyun gimbals, lately I’ve just mounted my phone on a Manfrotto Pixi, or just handheld. I’ve discovered my iPhone 11 Pro Max has incredible stabilization. This is shot with a Shoulderpod, basically the same, a phone holder no motor.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Bessem wrote: Three options:

Option 1 : you suffer from Arthritis and you were thinking you will stop shaking using this item.

Option 2 : you got a defective item

Option 3 : Option 1 + Option 2

Thanks anyways for your input
He could also just be really weak
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote: Although I have 2 Zhiyun gimbals, lately I’ve just mounted my phone on a Manfrotto Pixi, or just handheld. I’ve discovered my iPhone 11 Pro Max has incredible stabilization. This is shot with a Shoulderpod, basically the same, a phone holder no motor.

I know what you mean. I started with a full size Zhiyun gimbal with an a6000 only to find it a pain in the ass to take out for a quick video. So I got rid of it. Then I bought I think the Smooth Q2 or something I don't recall which one but it looks similar the one here on sale. I still found it a pain to carry it with me and setup. So I got rid of it. Then I bought a DJI osmo pocket, thinking it'll solve my problems. No setup time. I used it for a few trips but I just didn't like it because it was too clunky when attached to a phone and when it wasn't, it was difficult to frame the video on the small screen and sometimes the gimbal would misbehave and just move when you don't want it to. So I got rid of it. Now I bought a Samsung Note 10 and the stabilization seems good enough as long as I'm not running. If I walk steady, ninja step, or just stand still it's quite good.

Anyone thinking about buying this, I'm sure some of you will regret it. You'll likely not use it and then we'll see it on BST here in a few weeks LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1616 posts
853 upvotes
IMO I prefer SmoothQ over Smooth4. Q is way smaller, easier to hold, and has an all important joystick for gimbal control. Smooth4 is big and bulky and has a d-pad instead of a joystick. Watch the iPhonedo review of smooth4.. LOL. I think a Smooth Q is a fine basic phone gimbal, but keep in mind prices are plummeting on these as OIS and EIS get better and better.
For $88 I'd spend a bit more for my fav phone gimbal, the Moza Mini MI. Mini MI has much more powerful motors (big phones) and wireless Qi charging in the cradle.. that's a GAME CHANGER for cold weather shoots.. as the phone stays charged and warm in sub zero temps. A fully charged iPhone in a gimbal in -10c while not charging will die in 10 mins.. even if full. iPhones hate the cold.
Last edited by Netcruzer on Dec 5th, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I prefer my Smooth2, it uses batteries I can switch out. My Q dies, it's dead, I have to charge it.
Nov 5, 2012
675 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
Now that I finally realize that I need this, it’s oos. Oh well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)