Expired Hot Deals

[Zive] Kiwi for Gmail Free for a limited time! (Mac OS)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 10:45 am
[OP]
May 5, 2017
47 posts
81 upvotes

Kiwi for Gmail Free for a limited time! (Mac OS)

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Zive
I've been using Kiwi for Gmail for about 2 years now. I use it for my google documents and gmail. It's now free for a limited time for Mac OS. It's also free for WIndows, but only for the 1st year.

Give it a try.
Last edited by lmntngrn on Feb 11th, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4946 posts
1836 upvotes
lmntngrn wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:31 pm
I've been using Kiwi for Gmail for about 2 years now. I use it for my google documents and gmail. It's now free for a limited time for Mac OS. It's also free for WIndows, but only for the 1st year.

Give it a try.
Same promotion as last year
Dec 16, 2015
122 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
got one, thanks! interesting how Google never thought to create their own desktop client. oh well.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1152 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
I don't use Mac but, in Windows, do you know that the ability to make a Chrome tab appear as a Desktop App is built into Chrome itself? That replicates most of the functionality seen here...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39449 posts
5832 upvotes
King City
Hmmm. Interesting. What’s the security policy for this app?

Meaning is this app secure?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
347 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
lmntngrn wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:31 pm

Give it a try.
I did not download it. But free stuff is good!
Thanks Op anyway!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5242 posts
902 upvotes
What do you guys like about this so much? I just gmail in browser all the time wondering what the difference is.
Oct 25, 2010
169 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
baz5 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:07 pm
What do you guys like about this so much? I just gmail in browser all the time wondering what the difference is.
• Gmail as a Polished Desktop Experience - Windows for new messages, the calendar, Google Drive; Attach photos, documents, or whatever you want by just dragging them on; An inbox that works like a desktop application and not a strange menubar dropdown hybrid -- we've thought of everything.
• Gmail as your Default Email Client - It really works. Replace Mail and Outlook completely with Kiwi for Gmail - click an email in Contacts or the browser and it'll open one of our beautiful new email windows.
• Dock icon, Menubar dropdown, and full Inbox window.
• Gorgeous, simple New Message windows - Vastly improved over the browser.

👌🏾
Oct 25, 2010
169 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for this! What a great feature set...

• Use Gmail as a desktop app, freed from the browser
• Reliable Multiple Accounts - Use up to 6 Gmail accounts simultaneously using an architecture that's more reliable than traditional Gmail
• Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
• Ability to open documents in their own windows so you can multi-task like never before using documents across applications and accounts
• Ability to open recent documents and quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
• Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface provides quick access to all G Suite applications
• Saves all open document windows on exit and restores on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
• Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
• Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
• Boomerang plugin fully supported
• Huge attachments - Send giant files using Google Drive, which is now so quick to do, it's even simpler than Dropbox.
• Powerful Keyboard Shortcuts - let you get to your email in a second.
• Important-Only Notifications - a desktop email first; use this optional feature and filter the noise right out of your email effortlessly.
• The Zen Switch(tm) - shut off all email notifications so you can focus, without shutting out the whole world.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2814 posts
232 upvotes
will try it... anyone know what the pricing is after 1 year for windows...? can't seem to find it on site...
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Nov 25, 2003
540 posts
183 upvotes
I don't like that it doesn't have an offline mode. Also, since I have some none-gmail accounts, I prefer to use Thunderbird.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1242 posts
169 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:16 pm
Hmmm. Interesting. What’s the security policy for this app?

Meaning is this app secure?
Can anyone provide some insight?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5577 posts
3466 upvotes
Turonno
Thanks OP! I'll try this out.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3655 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal
baz5 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:07 pm
Mac users don't have "Chrome Application Shortcuts" to run on the Desktop. That's why this product is so exciting to them. :twisted:
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0