Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 10:38 am
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1030 posts
536 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: Zoomer talk and text plan is not competitive with the prepaid provider.
How many minutes and text you need per month?
Public Mobile has a $13 with autopay enabled 100 outgoing minutes + unlimited incoming minutes + unlimited international SMS/MMS + 250MB data. You can buy a $5 500 minutes add-on as backup. Add-on minutes does not expire until all consumed. MMS uses data. But PM MMS data usage is included and will not count toward to your monthly data quota. I have a discontinued $10 plan without data. I can receive and send MMS.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-m ... t-2239906/
Thats good to know! I thought the incoming minutes for PM counts towards the 100 allocated minutes per month. Definitely considering PM, thanks again!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Dec 8, 2006
932 posts
544 upvotes
Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Bell raising the rates another $5 on their $60 10GB plan (now $70 after 2 raises) was the final straw for me. Winking Face
2x Zoomer Wireless (Rogers): $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3322 posts
1371 upvotes
Toronto
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Bell raising the rates another $5 on their $60 10GB plan (now $70 after 2 raises) was the final straw for me. Winking Face
If you only care about the unlimited calling, not the additional 1GB data, you may want to get a free phone that comes with the $36 plan. By doing so, you can downgrade to the $36 loyalty plan after 6 months. I think Zoomer will update their $36 loyalty plan to 5GB data.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 8, 2006
932 posts
544 upvotes
9613019 wrote: If you only care about the unlimited calling, not the additional 1GB data, you may want to get a free phone that comes with the $36 plan. By doing so, you can downgrade to the $36 loyalty plan after 6 months. I think Zoomer will update their $36 loyalty plan to 5GB data.
Thanks! I had thought about that, but even 1GB more for $4.50 extra is not a bad premium and safety net. I'm downgrading from the 10GB so I'd prefer to have a little more data handy :)

I wonder what the $40.50 loyalty plan will look like in 6 months...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3322 posts
1371 upvotes
Toronto
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks! I had thought about that, but even 1GB more for $4.50 extra is not a bad premium and safety net. I'm downgrading from the 10GB so I'd prefer to have a little more data handy :)

I wonder what the $40.50 loyalty plan will look like in 6 months...
Voicemail upgrade?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8994 posts
13246 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Call them!

I just got off the phone, and they removed the $5 extra charge, and will send me a new P30 Lite, with no hidden fees for doing any change and a new sim card.

$45 pre-tax for unlimited everything, full voicemail, but only 2GB data which is the plan I previously had. (I NEVER came close to using that amount of data anyways)

Only catch, is I obviously have to lock in for another two years, but since I've been with them over 15 years, what's another 2 at this point.

Hopefully I made the right decision, because I would have gone with the $40.50 Zoomer plan with the P30 Lite.

I assume Bell network is better than Zoomer?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1947 posts
678 upvotes
GTA
IDStorms wrote:

I assume Bell network is better than Zoomer?
Only if you think bell is better than Rogers. Zoomers is on rogers
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8994 posts
13246 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: Only if you think bell is better than Rogers. Zoomers is on rogers
I have no idea, and I'm still waiting for news on whether or not we have issues with Rogers service at work vs Bell which works well.

For some reason, I seem to recall coworkers on the Rogers network complaining more, that's all.
Nov 27, 2013
89 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does Zoomer email Tracking Numbers when they send you a phone? I ordered a new one last week and didnt receive a tracker or email or anything.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12094 posts
11011 upvotes
Splashed wrote: Does Zoomer email Tracking Numbers when they send you a phone? I ordered a new one last week and didnt receive a tracker or email or anything.
No. Call and ask for it.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jan 26, 2012
102 posts
77 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I regret not pulling the trigger earlier. Anyone have any idea if they will have the $100 credit/better phones available anytime soon?
Dec 8, 2006
932 posts
544 upvotes
Splashed wrote: Does Zoomer email Tracking Numbers when they send you a phone? I ordered a new one last week and didnt receive a tracker or email or anything.
They do. Check your junk mail.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5500 posts
1269 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: They do. Check your junk mail.
Sweet. P30 just got delivered.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1554 posts
1843 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anyone know if Zoomer/Cityfone reports payment history to either of the credit bureaus?
Dec 6, 2016
186 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary, AB
aweawea wrote: Anyone know if Zoomer/Cityfone reports payment history to either of the credit bureaus?
It doesn't show up on Trans Union or Equifax for me.
I assume it because it's auto pay to my credit card.
I also have a cell phone with Telus mobility on auto pay and it shows up so I'm not sure why I don't see my three zoomer accounts reported.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6063 posts
1047 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I have three zoomer accounts as well and none of those show up on either TU or Equifax
Mar 6, 2019
71 posts
40 upvotes
Center of the Univer…
Messaged reps today:

-Promo extended to May 6
-Samsung A20 free on $45 (40.50) plan
-Also have iPhone 6s (32gb) for free
-P30 Lite 100+tax upfront
-Pixel 3A 300+tax upfront

I will wait and see. With the SE just released, I'm wondering if any of the old iPhone 7s/8s will start to get cleared out to zoomer...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8994 posts
13246 upvotes
Anyone with the Huawei P30 lite, what are you using for a case and screen protector?

I'm waiting for these glass screens from Amazon to be delivered.

I was going to get this Spigen case, but cancelled my order, and went for this Otterbox case instead, but now I don't think the glass screen will fit this case.

Now I'm thinking of getting these Olixar film screens instead.

For now, I'm just keeping on the protector that was supplied with the phone, because it's better than nothing!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1554 posts
1843 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
IDStorms wrote: Anyone with the Huawei P30 lite, what are you using for a case and screen protector?

I'm waiting for these glass screens from Amazon to be delivered.

I was going to get this Spigen case, but cancelled my order, and went for this Otterbox case instead, but now I don't think the glass screen will fit this case.

Now I'm thinking of getting these Olixar film screens instead.

For now, I'm just keeping on the protector that was supplied with the phone, because it's better than nothing!
I got this one. It just arrived and installed today, but I see they're currently out of stock. Looks and feels great, just the right amount of protection for me while feeling nice in the hand due to the glass back on this protector. I also left the Zoomer-installed screen protector in place. I think I'm all set! Loving the phone and the service so far.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07NMC2YC1

Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8994 posts
13246 upvotes
aweawea wrote: I got this one. It just arrived and installed today, but I see they're currently out of stock. Looks and feels great, just the right amount of protection for me while feeling nice in the hand due to the glass back on this protector. I also left the Zoomer-installed screen protector in place. I think I'm all set! Loving the phone and the service so far.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07NMC2YC1
Thanks, I was looking at that one as well, because I wasn't going to spend $50 on the Otterbox, but then it went on sale for about $30, so I bought it.

I'm assuming you are not getting a thicker screen protector, whether it be glass or film, and are just going to use the one that came installed on the phone?