Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
The 2 years on my $40.- plan will be up in a couple of weeks.

I want to renew for another 2 years and am trying to decide which "free" phone to get to resell on Kijiji

The phone that Zoomers is suggesting is the Samsung Galaxy A10e
The phone I had previously was the Motorola G7Play which is now offered "free" with a $30.- plan

The strange thing is that with the $18.- plan, Zoomers values the Motorola at $300 and the Samsung at only $250.-
I would have expected the opposite since I can get the Motorola with a lower priced plan.

Anyway - what I really wanted some input on - which of those two phones would be the better one to buy for resale on Kijiji
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1448 posts
1482 upvotes
Kitchener
Does zoomer take AMEX? Anyone have any luck making a lumpsum on an account using AMEX? I'd like to redeem some MR points towards my normal spending. Thanks
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
christov wrote: Does zoomer take AMEX? Anyone have any luck making a lumpsum on an account using AMEX? I'd like to redeem some MR points towards my normal spending. Thanks
I am using AmEx to pay my Zoomer bill.
Ask Zoomer whether you can pay lump sum payment.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1204 upvotes
Calgary
stizarch wrote: I used the chat option today and was told that individual loyalty plans have even been discontinued. Has anyone else had luck?
+1 Got told the same thing.
Nov 27, 2018
4 posts
I'm on Freedom, have been for years but it's become a nightmare. It sounds like people are really happy with Zoomer? Good coverage? Good service?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
stizarch wrote:
Good plan. If you need a local number, try TextNow. It's got some ads, though.
jwslam wrote: +1 Got told the same thing.
Zoomer removed all individual loyalty plans on May 8.
For subscribers are already on a loyalty plan, don't change it as you will not get it back.
For people still on market plan with limited minutes and don't want to play with VoIP calls, you can switch to the $40.5 market plan with unlimited minutes. Basically, Zoomer raised the price of the old $36 loyalty plan to $40.5 if you need unlimited minutes. Such a sneaky way to raise price...
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
christophermark wrote: I'm on Freedom, have been for years but it's become a nightmare. It sounds like people are really happy with Zoomer? Good coverage? Good service?
Yup I've been a customer for 3 going on 4 years now. Coverage is great if your area has good Rogers coverage. It's somehow even better than when I had Fido coverage even though it's the same network.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1843 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
krs wrote: The 2 years on my $40.- plan will be up in a couple of weeks.

I want to renew for another 2 years and am trying to decide which "free" phone to get to resell on Kijiji

The phone that Zoomers is suggesting is the Samsung Galaxy A10e
The phone I had previously was the Motorola G7Play which is now offered "free" with a $30.- plan

The strange thing is that with the $18.- plan, Zoomers values the Motorola at $300 and the Samsung at only $250.-
I would have expected the opposite since I can get the Motorola with a lower priced plan.

Anyway - what I really wanted some input on - which of those two phones would be the better one to buy for resale on Kijiji
Motorola G7Play is $199.99 at Costco these days
May 7, 2003
249 posts
50 upvotes
For those on loyalty plans, are we able to re-up to get a new phone? My 2 years are coming up this summer, but do I have to downgrade to one of their market plans to renew my contract?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
whodachump wrote: For those on loyalty plans, are we able to re-up to get a new phone? My 2 years are coming up this summer, but do I have to downgrade to one of their market plans to renew my contract?
My 2 years are coming up shortly as well.
Never thought of renewing this way - I would expect everyting stays the same as far as the plan is concerned except that one makes a 2-year commitment and if you want out of it you need to pay the remainder of the amount still owing on the new phone.
I would probably do the renewal via chat so you have a record of it.
Aug 19, 2009
591 posts
483 upvotes
wth srsly? they removed all loyalty plans? wow.... I was gonna switch my loyalty plan to this promo for more data but then I procrastinated and didn't do it. Now im kinda glad I didn't. I am guessing they are not coming back anytime soon. I'm no longer on contract, wonder if i can renew a 2-year on the same loyalty plan.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|

Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Dec 30, 2017
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary AB
So if this deal is dead, I think this thread should be moved to Expired deals. Too bad. It was great while it lasted. Good thing I'm on the loyalty plan.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1843 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
Does anyone know if there will be new promotions come June 1?

Any suggestions between the Hua P30lite and Samsung A50?
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
CheapoFillipo wrote: Any suggestions between the Hua P30lite and Samsung A50?
Hoping that they'll switch over to the A51 soon. Cost is about the same, and it's been out for six months now.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ae86fr wrote: wth srsly? they removed all loyalty plans? wow.... I was gonna switch my loyalty plan to this promo for more data but then I procrastinated and didn't do it. Now im kinda glad I didn't. I am guessing they are not coming back anytime soon. I'm no longer on contract, wonder if i can renew a 2-year on the same loyalty plan.
You can continue with your current loyalty plan
1. on month-to-month basis
OR
2. sign a 2 years contract and get a free phone
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3648 posts
800 upvotes
Has anyone on Zoomer had problems receiving picture messages? Most of my messages come through iMessage which isn't a problem but a buddy had tried to send Picture Messages from his Android device and I never get them. His normal text messages come through fine. Ironically he is on Rogers, which should be using the same network, any ideas?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Looks like Zoomer needs to think about stepping up their game.
I just received an offer from Virgin Mobile for 8GB Date, unlimited minutes at $45.- per month.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9046 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
nufan wrote: Has anyone on Zoomer had problems receiving picture messages? Most of my messages come through iMessage which isn't a problem but a buddy had tried to send Picture Messages from his Android device and I never get them. His normal text messages come through fine. Ironically he is on Rogers, which should be using the same network, any ideas?
only time I've had issue was when my data was turned off. After turning it back on, it can be a bear to convince the system to download it, but it usually works after a day
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3648 posts
800 upvotes
krs wrote: Looks like Zoomer needs to think about stepping up their game.
I just received an offer from Virgin Mobile for 8GB Date, unlimited minutes at $45.- per month.
So $9 more for 3 more GB? Depends on usage I guess, for me that would be $9 per month wasted, don't get close to data usage these days with WiFi everywhere.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
nufan wrote: So $9 more for 3 more GB? Depends on usage I guess, for me that would be $9 per month wasted, don't get close to data usage these days with WiFi everywhere.
I was thinking now that the loyalty plan has disappeared, with Zoomers one has to go to the $45.- plan for unlimited minutes and 4GB of data vs the Virgin offer of twice the data for the same price.
So even with the 10% Zoomer discount, this would make Virgin only $4.50 more for an extra 4GB of data.

Not that I would switch, but I think Zoomer needs to think a bit more carefully about their pricing and specifically the elimination of the loyalty offer.