Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 10:38 am
Mar 20, 2006
119 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
A few of my referrals say cancelled because I hadn’t received my SIM card/ phone when my friends used my Referral code. Has anyone been able to get their cancelled referrals moved to pending referrals? (I now have my phone / SIM card )
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1925 posts
662 upvotes
GTA
foxxter wrote: A few of my referrals say cancelled because I hadn’t received my SIM card/ phone when my friends used my Referral code. Has anyone been able to get their cancelled referrals moved to pending referrals? (I now have my phone / SIM card )
I had this and the person I referred had it cancelled as well. They just called in and it was added back no problem. This was back during the Christmas promo.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3911 posts
479 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Are people really finding the reception worse than regular Rogers? It's tempting to lower my wireless bill given I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.
Oct 26, 2011
78 posts
79 upvotes
Internet
BD006 wrote: Are people really finding the reception worse than regular Rogers? It's tempting to lower my wireless bill given I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.
I can't speak about the comparison with Rogers, but my stand by signal strength is slightly lower compared to what I had with Koodo, but the actual call signal strength is a little better with clearer sounds so far. My download/upload speeds are about the same and I live in a rural area in Ontario. For me the deal was a no-brainer, and if it didn't work out they have a 30 day guarantee. Hopefully someone can chime in about the reception in your area compared to Rogers, for light to moderate use it's a great deal.
Dec 1, 2017
229 posts
178 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Is the 1GB $25 or $27 loyalty plan still doable?
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1106 posts
166 upvotes
BD006 wrote: Are people really finding the reception worse than regular Rogers? It's tempting to lower my wireless bill given I'm working from home for the foreseeable future.

I have started on zoomer for 4 days. I find the reception and voice quality fine. It is great, same as my corporate Bell line. I am on an iPhone X.
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Dec 30, 2017
460 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
Hi Guys

I have a oneplus 7, and I am not able to set the APN with the zoomer sim. I can set APN when I pop in my other sim cards.
By default the APN used is ltemobile.apn which is different than the APN settings mentioned here
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1925 posts
662 upvotes
GTA
justrajdeep wrote: Hi Guys

I have a oneplus 7, and I am not able to set the APN with the zoomer sim. I can set APN when I pop in my other sim cards.
By default the APN used is ltemobile.apn which is different than the APN settings mentioned here
That's what mine is set to. Did it automatically so you should be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8927 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Noticed they added the P30 Lite to this promo. Nice deal. With the activation credit and the ref bonus you're in the good.

As a Zoomer user they have excellent coverage through Rogers. If you've used Fido/Rogers before and been happy with it this should be good for you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9767 posts
2392 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CHINAdeals wrote: Noticed they added the P30 Lite to this promo. Nice deal. With the activation credit and the ref bonus you're in the good.

As a Zoomer user they have excellent coverage through Rogers. If you've used Fido/Rogers before and been happy with it this should be good for you.
Where did you see this? On the website it's still $150 on the $36 plan, free on $40.5 plan
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8927 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Where did you see this? On the website it's still $150 on the $36 plan, free on $40.5 plan
My bad looks like you're right. I was speaking on the $40.50 plan. IMO worth the extra gig and unlimited minutes.
Jan 11, 2020
153 posts
134 upvotes
Fredericton
The $40.5 plan is still on until July 15th according to one of my calls. I'm mulling it over. I'm feeling a bit cheesed about the fact they took down the loyalty plan 1-2 months before mine was due...It's all rumour and heresay but the agent said they're working on some loyalty thing in the near future, which is weird, wouldn't he have wanted the $36.00 --> $40.5 upgrade? I'm tempted but I'm an RFD'er and $5.085 after tax/month matters!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9767 posts
2392 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ADenariusSaved wrote: The $40.5 plan is still on until July 15th according to one of my calls. I'm mulling it over. I'm feeling a bit cheesed about the fact they took down the loyalty plan 1-2 months before mine was due...It's all rumour and heresay but the agent said they're working on some loyalty thing in the near future, which is weird, wouldn't he have wanted the $36.00 --> $40.5 upgrade? I'm tempted but I'm an RFD'er and $5.085 after tax/month matters!
If you can get an extra $120 for the P30 Lite over a G7 Play/A10e, it's still worth it imo
Jun 8, 2017
151 posts
240 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone get RCS working for Google Messages? Stuck on trying to verify the phone number. (It worked back when I was with Public Mobile)
Zoomer Wireless - $36/5GB
Jul 26, 2016
145 posts
46 upvotes
GitGudSam wrote: Anyone get RCS working for Google Messages? Stuck on trying to verify the phone number. (It worked back when I was with Public Mobile)
I don't believe RCS works on Zoomer yet.
Oct 13, 2012
76 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just changed my two loyalty plans from 4GB at $40.50 to 6GB at $40.50 and the agent added an extra gig to my other three lines that were 3GB at $36 to 4GB at $36.

Not too bad I suppose. No increase in price for two extra gig in two lines and one extra gig for the other three, we'll take the win here.

Three of my lines were due for a contract renewal as well, but with the only phones being the lower end phones, I'll just wait until November and renew all of them at once IF the free phones are better.
Jul 26, 2016
145 posts
46 upvotes
GitGudSam wrote: RCS isn't dependent on carrier though. Everything should be handled by Google's Jibe Mobile
Hm, that may be the case. I do recall one of the other Zoomer threads saying it doesn't work in the summary though. I can confirm it doesn't work for my Pixel 2 either.