Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 10:38 am
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1304 posts
926 upvotes
Pickering
Anybody get their CARP card in the mail, yet?
CTC employee

Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
12465 posts
5022 upvotes
Richard1986 wrote: Anybody get their CARP card in the mail, yet?
I got my CARP card a month ago or so ...

A new card ... they send a replacement card yearly, seemingly.
Mar 20, 2006
119 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
Richard1986 wrote: Anybody get their CARP card in the mail, yet?
I ordered 3 weeks ago I haven’t received the CARP card yet, But I did get the Zoomer Magazine in the mail yesterday!
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
Anybody else order in the last week or two that's still waiting for email confirmation and shipping notification for the phone? I ordered on Monday but still haven't received either. Is this par the course?
Jan 11, 2020
153 posts
135 upvotes
Fredericton
Daijoubu wrote: If you can get an extra $120 for the P30 Lite over a G7 Play/A10e, it's still worth it imo
Oh I already got a Blackberry Key2 LE from them when I signed up in Jan.
Mar 20, 2006
119 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
strippedaway wrote: Anybody else order in the last week or two that's still waiting for email confirmation and shipping notification for the phone? I ordered on Monday but still haven't received either. Is this par the course?
My email / phone arrival took 8 days.
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
foxxter wrote: My email / phone arrival took 8 days.
So you didn't get a shipping notification email beforehand? The phone just showed up?
Mar 20, 2006
119 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
strippedaway wrote: So you didn't get a shipping notification email beforehand? The phone just showed up?
The afternoon before it arrived I was notified. Not sure if that’s normal or not.
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
foxxter wrote: The afternoon before it arrived I was notified. Not sure if that’s normal or not.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully I will see mine next week then.
Dec 20, 2014
23 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone knows alternative of zoomer while travelling to USA as zoomer’s plans are terrible with no data
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1358 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone experience this?

They shipped the phone to me on July 1. I received it on July 3rd and activated it on 4th.

My first bill has charges from July 1 means the date it was shipped and not the date it was activated.

Want to confirm before I ask them. I know its deducted from promo money but it seems like wrong practice to charge for when customer didn't even have the product.
Dec 30, 2017
461 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
JaiKor wrote: Did anyone experience this?

They shipped the phone to me on July 1. I received it on July 3rd and activated it on 4th.

My first bill has charges from July 1 means the date it was shipped and not the date it was activated.

Want to confirm before I ask them. I know its deducted from promo money but it seems like wrong practice to charge for when customer didn't even have the product.
AFAIK the bill is charged from the day of first delivery attempt.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1944 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
chiragpatel144 wrote: Anyone knows alternative of zoomer while travelling to USA as zoomer’s plans are terrible with no data
I had two roammobile sims we would use but they gone out of business because of the pandemic. They must have had fixed costs that they could get out of.

So I'm looking for a similar option. It was $5 a day and gave 500mb and calling/texting. I used to forward my former plan to fongo so I could get calls while traveling but zoomer charges for forwarding so I stopped that.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1358 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto
justrajdeep wrote: AFAIK the bill is charged from the day of first delivery attempt.
Yup that's what they said, however my package was delayed during shipping so they credited me unused days.
Dec 20, 2014
23 posts
3 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: I had two roammobile sims we would use but they gone out of business because of the pandemic. They must have had fixed costs that they could get out of.

So I'm looking for a similar option. It was $5 a day and gave 500mb and calling/texting. I used to forward my former plan to fongo so I could get calls while traveling but zoomer charges for forwarding so I stopped that.
Have you tried lyca mobile I just read some good reviews I don’t have a travel plan now but for the future use
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1944 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
chiragpatel144 wrote: Have you tried lyca mobile I just read some good reviews I don’t have a travel plan now but for the future use
No. I haven't bothered looking as travel is on hold for a while now. I'm glad we got our money's worth of our SeaWorld platinum pass before the pandemic hit Winking Face
Oct 26, 2011
78 posts
79 upvotes
Internet
JaiKor wrote: Did anyone experience this?

Same. A quick chat online with their support and they adjusted the start date to the delivery date.
Sep 19, 2011
88 posts
18 upvotes
Markham
Has there been any news on the Loyalty Plan? Hit 6 months a few weeks back so I'd like to get the minutes limit removed.
Jan 11, 2020
153 posts
135 upvotes
Fredericton
kevjp13 wrote: Has there been any news on the Loyalty Plan? Hit 6 months a few weeks back so I'd like to get the minutes limit removed.
Might as well try to call them. I was due in June but they turfed it. Haven't heard of any change other than a rumor that they may have a new one. Who knows...