Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 10:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3321 posts
1370 upvotes
Toronto
bigbadboss101 wrote: Looks like we will be moving from Fido to Zoomer. Coverage should be similar. Gave Fido what kind of numbers we were looking at and their offers were not great.

Everyone happy with their phones (if you didn’t sell) and coverage?
I think most people just sold their phones. If you are not a heavy user, then their phones are OK to use.

Coverage is comparable to Fido.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1939 posts
671 upvotes
GTA
9613019 wrote: I think most people just sold their phones. If you are not a heavy user, then their phones are OK to use.

Coverage is comparable to Fido.
I wouldnt say most sold. I think that just the discussion, no one posts, hey keeping my phone, what value do you think that is lol

I personally know 5 signups and none sold their phone, either gave to a mom or using. All satisfied.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9783 posts
2401 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bigbadboss101 wrote: Looks like we will be moving from Fido to Zoomer. Coverage should be similar. Gave Fido what kind of numbers we were looking at and their offers were not great.

Everyone happy with their phones (if you didn’t sell) and coverage?
Coverage should be the same as Fido/Rogers, same network.
The G7 Play/A10e are OK entry level phones but if you can afford an extra $108 over 24 months, the Huawei P30 Lite have much better specs
Motorola if you prefer a more vanilla/streamlined Android experience, I'm not a fan of the UI on top of Android found on Samsung, LG, Huawei, etc.
Dec 1, 2017
229 posts
178 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
I regret switching my unl minutes 4GB to 800min 5GB. Damn RFD effect.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2245 posts
1629 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I don't see it posted on the website, nor in this thread (sorry, haven't checked all 270+ pages), but I chatted with an agent yesterday as my wife's $22.50 (300 minute, unlimited texts, 0 data) talk and text plan was ending in next few weeks. She was fine keeping the same plan, but wanted a new phone, and not the Moto E6. Asked the rep what other options are.

I was offered unlimited minutes and texts, 1GB data, and $0 upfront Moto G7 Play for $27. Works out great for my wife in her situation.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1934 posts
749 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote: I don't see it posted on the website, nor in this thread (sorry, haven't checked all 270+ pages), but I chatted with an agent yesterday as my wife's $22.50 (300 minute, unlimited texts, 0 data) talk and text plan was ending in next few weeks. She was fine keeping the same plan, but wanted a new phone, and not the Moto E6. Asked the rep what other options are.

I was offered unlimited minutes and texts, 1GB data, and $0 upfront Moto G7 Play for $27. Works out great for my wife in her situation.
I'll add that Lucky Mobile prepaid is $25 for the same plan (3G speed for data but your wife is probably not a heavy streamer with 1 GB, so she would not care). However, no phone, so it's another win for Zoomer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6307 posts
4507 upvotes
Ottawa
One month with Zoomer and no billing issues. They took money from the Activation Credit. The referral $ should kick in next month too. Sweet deal.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1934 posts
749 upvotes
How long does it usually take for the sim card/phone to arrive? Do they send a tracking number once they are shipped?

Also, since Lucky Mobile does not have account numbers and/or it's impossible to reach them to find out what that number is, any experience switching to Zoomer using IMEI numbers?
Last edited by mbmbkop on Jul 21st, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 30, 2017
460 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
mbmbkop wrote: How long does it usually take for the sim card/phone to arrive? Do they send a tracking number once they are shipped?

Also, since Lucky Mobile does not have account numbers and/or it's impossible to reach them to find out what that number is, any experience switching to Zommer using IMEI numbers?
Usually they ship from BC. To GTA it took about 2 days using Purolator. You get a tracking number once it is shipped.

For switching I switched from PM so can't help you there but I don't think IMEI number will help.
Jun 9, 2020
40 posts
29 upvotes
Got this deal last month for my son, overall I am super happy with it. Started application online and then called in to finish the application. They did a hard pull on my credit and it took a while to get everything started but once the phone shipped, it was very fast.
The activation credit showed up right away, referral bonus still pending but overall the service is reliable and data works just fine in the Calgary area. If I did not still have the Koodo deal of 8GB/$40 I'd switch myself.

Edit:compliance
Last edited by CardGameStrong on Jul 21st, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1934 posts
749 upvotes
CardGameStrong wrote: Got this deal last month for my son, overall I am super happy with it. Started application online and then called in to finish the application. They did a hard pull on my credit and it took a while to get everything started but once the phone shipped, it was very fast.
The activation credit showed up right away, referral bonus still pending but overall the service is reliable and data works just fine in the Calgary area. If I did not still have the Koodo deal of 8GB/$40 I'd switch myself.
DM me if anyone needs a referral code.
Tsk.. tsk.. tsk
Apr 8, 2007
743 posts
258 upvotes
Awesome deal for those with dual sim phones. $22.50 for unlimited talk/text with zoom, $5 for 4GB data with fido -- plus get a free tablet from fido, a free moto E6 from Zoomer + $50 activation credit + $50 referral credit.
Sep 23, 2019
151 posts
242 upvotes
Can you get 100$ bill credit if you already have an account with Zoomer (on the same line) when you switch to this new contract?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1567 posts
142 upvotes
RedFlagAlias wrote: Can you get 100$ bill credit if you already have an account with Zoomer (on the same line) when you switch to this new contract?
Yes you can but then you don't get the $50 referal. I just opened a new line to get the max $150 of credits + $50 on old line
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
May 24, 2008
520 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
I see the promo that I got Last week which finished is back again. $40.50 for 6gb, unltd across canada calling unltd global texts. This is a great deal despite 2 year contract. Dont forget you can choose a free phone as well!!!! Samsung Galaxy A20 or the P30 lite from Huawei https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
Nov 3, 2018
284 posts
639 upvotes
I want to open a second account for my mom (I pay the bill for her). How does it work? Do they allow you to open a second line under your name and how does the referral work for yourself?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1567 posts
142 upvotes
supremePug wrote: I want to open a second account for my mom (I pay the bill for her). How does it work? Do they allow you to open a second line under your name and how does the referral work for yourself?
Same as before when you referred someone else. You must use another name to receive the $50 referal bonus. Otherwise you only get $100 Activation bonus on the new line under the old account name.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
2340 posts
25 upvotes
Just noticed the Pixel 3a, Galaxy A70, and the Huawei P30 are now on the site. I'm going to pay the $100 difference to change my phone from the P30 lite to the Pixel 3a because it's the phone I actually wanted in the first place.
Last edited by abu_sme on Jul 22nd, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1567 posts
142 upvotes
abu_sme wrote: Just noticed the Pixel 3a, Galaxy A70, and the Huawei P30 are now on the site. I'm changing my phone from the P30 lite to the Pixel 3a and am going to pay the $150 difference.
That's really hot for the pixel 3a. Hope the market gets flooded with it I really want one haha :)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4097 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
We have had two lines with Zoomer for the past four years. It's worked out very well -- absolutely no issues in terms of signal or coverage -- the only drawback is that international roaming is expensive and there is nothing like the cheap per-day roaming features ("Roam Like Home") that the major carriers have.

We are on the $40.50 plan, but only got 3GB per line for this. Our contract just ended -- trying to figure out what to do next.

I assume there are no good deals to be had without a contract? Is the $40.50 plan discussed here recently only for two-year commitments?