Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 5:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Retrodude wrote: There was a thread awhile back on the Pixel pricing breakdown with Zoomer but it's gone. Anyone know approximate costs on the 36 and 40.50 plan? It wouldn't let me select them, just gave me the default phone.

Live chat is currently unavailable as well.
Pixel 3A, $350 on $36 plan, $300 on $40.5 plan

Pixel 3, $700 & $550
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5993 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Retrodude wrote: There was a thread awhile back on the Pixel pricing breakdown with Zoomer but it's gone. Anyone know approximate costs on the 36 and 40.50 plan? It wouldn't let me select them, just gave me the default phone.

Live chat is currently unavailable as well.
Pick the phone first - there are two Pixel phones on Zoomers website.

After you picked the phone, then pick the plan - the $36.- is the $40.- one with the 10% off and the $40.50 plan is the $45.- plan with the 10% off
It will the show you the up front cost for the phone with that 2-year plan.

For instance, I see $350.- for the Pixel 3A with the $36.- (ie $40.-) plan and $300.- with the $40.50 (ie $45.-) plan
Jul 17, 2006
143 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Just checked their site and I see that the $40/month plan now offers these phones:

1. Motorola G7 Play
2. BlackBerry KEY2 LE

Any opinions on which phone has better resale value?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
DTOM wrote: Just checked their site and I see that the $40/month plan now offers these phones:

1. Motorola G7 Play
2. BlackBerry KEY2 LE

Thanks in advance.
Motorola G7 Play is a entry level phone. Providers are asking for $250. Best you can get is $150 or less if you want to sell it.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Dec 1, 2017
203 posts
169 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
DTOM wrote: Just checked their site and I see that the $40/month plan now offers these phones:

1. Motorola G7 Play
2. BlackBerry KEY2 LE

Thanks in advance.
DIY Kijiji search your local area.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Oct 27, 2016
301 posts
613 upvotes
Anyone have any luck enabling RCS with these instructions?

https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversalProfi ... vice_with/

Edit: After trying multiple times, RCS has been enabled!!!

Download carrier services (if you don't already have it), activity launcher, and messages.

Set messages as default SMS app, then force stop and clear data for messages and carrier services

Find the rcs menu in activity launcher, change the two fields, apply, then force stop messages again. After that, you should be able to enrol
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2637 posts
1536 upvotes
last year were there any new phones or deals for black friday? My wifes plan is coming up in december and zoomer offered to pay off the $20 remaining on the phone balance and send me the samsung A50 for $150 with a new two year contract. should i wait for something else or go with the A50?
Last edited by riseagainstthemachine on Oct 30th, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got that Zoomer account!
Nov 23, 2015
730 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
riseagainstthemachine wrote: last year were there any new phones or deals for black friday? My wifes plan is coming up in december and zoomer offered to pay off the $20 remaining on the phone balance and send me the samsung A50 for !50 with a new two year contract. should i wait for something else or go with the A50?
Which plan is she on? That would be a great offer is she is on the $36 plan.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2637 posts
1536 upvotes
56kbps wrote: Which plan is she on? That would be a great offer is she is on the $36 plan.
its the $36 plan. i just saw mytypo though, its the a50 for $150
Got that Zoomer account!
Nov 23, 2017
35 posts
38 upvotes
Edmonton
I'd like to sign up for Zoomer but when I put the sim card of my partner in my European OnePlus 3, it seems to not work correctly.
I only get mobile data after a while and even then it's weird. When I try to open a new page it first looks like it's trying to load without having internet access and then eventually it loads quickly.
Similar with opening apps that require internet access, takes forever to load but once it does it feels normal.

Anyone experienced that with Zoomer/Rogers? When I checked the compatibility of the OP3 it seems like it should work fine (and also does with Public Mobile/Telus)

Any help appreciated.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
TinkerPhil wrote: I'd like to sign up for Zoomer but when I put the sim card of my partner in my European OnePlus 3, it seems to not work correctly.
I only get mobile data after a while and even then it's weird. When I try to open a new page it first looks like it's trying to load without having internet access and then eventually it loads quickly.
Similar with opening apps that require internet access, takes forever to load but once it does it feels normal.

Anyone experienced that with Zoomer/Rogers? When I checked the compatibility of the OP3 it seems like it should work fine (and also does with Public Mobile/Telus)

Any help appreciated.
APN settings?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2015
730 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
TinkerPhil wrote: I'd like to sign up for Zoomer but when I put the sim card of my partner in my European OnePlus 3, it seems to not work correctly.

Any help appreciated.
I never had a problem when I was with Zoomer before using the GR5. Is this maybe a flaky wifi problem? I get this sometimes when my Samsung Galaxy S9 has authentication problems with the wifi network... it stays on wifi but can't access the internet, at which point I turn wifi off and just use data.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes

Any help appreciated.
Restart your phone after installing a new SIM card to let it configure your APN automatically.
It is the problem with the new phones nowadays because you can change a SIM card without taking a battery out.
The old phones which forces people to restart your phone as you cannot change the SIM card without taking the battery out.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Dec 24, 2016
6 posts
Hey thread! I've been out of the phone contract game for 6+ years. Questions..

1) When I used to have a Blackberry under Rogers / Sony under Telus, there was some Rogers phone and other non-factory installed apps like CBC radio or their customer service app. Somehow the phone was super slow and buggy after 1.5 years of use. Additionally for my Telus experience it was locked so no other carrier card could be used. Will this be the case for Zoomer phones?

2) I had to switch out of Rogers not because of any phone-service related issue, but their god-dang website always wasn't working! So I couldn't pay bills online. I refuse to do auto-pay via creditcard with any telecom. That was extremely frustrating and I am not in the position to take 2 hours out of my day to commute to a kiosk, wait to speak to a rep who will half the time defiantly say they can't assist me with paying the bill ("you should do it online, we can't do it instore.") Since Zoomer doesn't have retail stores - just wanted to ask what everyone's experience were paying online through browser? I 100% will not install any Fido, Rogers customer service app to pay anything for security and data privacy concerns.

3) Can I bring my Fido # to Zoomer?

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

marcotech, WillieSee