Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 4:37 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11851 posts
10787 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Shit...It's sinking...I just got the Blackberry, they only had 40 left when I called. Great customer service! You sold on Kijiji?
40 left across Canada is not many. Just hold on it for couple of weeks if your don't get your price. Always lower price on quick sale.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jan 11, 2020
141 posts
116 upvotes
Fredericton
embguy wrote: 40 left across Canada is not many. Just hold on it for couple of weeks if your don't get your price. Always lower price on quick sale.
Thanks! Yeah, many of them hit the secondary market recently, will probably wait for demand to go up. I have no idea about the supply-demand dynamic. Dude on the phone said there are a lot of BBRY die-hard Canadian/Torontonians. That surprises me but my gut instinct is to take the most valuable thing possible.

The penalty for leaving the contract early is just the pro-rated price of the phone, so if the BBRY is $500, then each month of paid service knocks off 20.83 off the max potential penalty ($500). You can return the phone to cancel the plan within 30 days (undesecrated lol). You can also exchange it for another (a cheaper one to reduce damage if you cannot sell the BBRY). So if you left after a year, you'd have a $250 penalty for this $500 phone, I imagine the Samsung a10e is much much cheaper ($220?). I couldn't get this plan without taking one of their phones. This is pretty damn sweet though, every 2 years you get a free phone? - not the best phone/flagship, but a functional one.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1666 posts
141 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Shit...It's sinking...I just got the Blackberry, they only had 40 left when I called. Great customer service! You sold on Kijiji?
Sold it on Craigslist.
Jun 14, 2011
399 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa
I sold it for $320 in Ottawa.
I am a Koodo, Public Mobile and Zoomer customer and an avid Linux user
Dec 26, 2006
230 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby
The Blackberry Key 2 LE only have 3-4 postings in my area, min asking is now $350.

Seems like most of the stock from the Christmas promo are now gone.
Jan 11, 2020
141 posts
116 upvotes
Fredericton
amd2500+ wrote: The Blackberry Key 2 LE only have 3-4 postings in my area, min asking is now $350.

Seems like most of the stock from the Christmas promo are now gone.
I'm in Toronto =/...Wonder if the supply/demand dynamic is different. Burnaby is where Zoomer is based! You a Kijiji man or a Craigslist man? What's the selling etiquette/protocol? No refunds, and what of warranties? I'm completely new at this.
Dec 26, 2006
230 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby
ADenariusSaved wrote: I'm in Toronto =/...Wonder if the supply/demand dynamic is different. Burnaby is where Zoomer is based! You a Kijiji man or a Craigslist man? What's the selling etiquette/protocol? No refunds, and what of warranties? I'm completely new at this.
I do Craigslist in Burnaby/Vancouver. For myself, I always let the buyer confirm that the device is working before accepting the money, once the money changes hand the deal is now completed.

If there are any issues, the buyer can work with the OEM to get it address as it's in working condition when it left my hands.
Jan 11, 2020
141 posts
116 upvotes
Fredericton
amd2500+ wrote: I do Craigslist in Burnaby/Vancouver. For myself, I always let the buyer confirm that the device is working before accepting the money, once the money changes hand the deal is now completed.

If there are any issues, the buyer can work with the OEM to get it address as it's in working condition when it left my hands.
Thanks! So you breach the packaging, what if they refuse it at that point even if it works, it'll be harder to sell to the next person? Do you create another e-mail or something to maintain anonymity? Meet in a public place? I haven't sold anything ever on Kijiji or Craigslist. Heard it can be sketchy. Total newb.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13909 posts
3239 upvotes
Sold BB Key2 LE for $280 after 2 or 3 weeks..i priced it diff everytime like 350-400..few ppl ask n wondering if it is RFDers trying to check lowest price

Some even ask for $200..lol
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 17, 2006
143 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
ADenariusSaved wrote: Thanks! So you breach the packaging, what if they refuse it at that point even if it works, it'll be harder to sell to the next person? Do you create another e-mail or something to maintain anonymity? Meet in a public place? I haven't sold anything ever on Kijiji or Craigslist. Heard it can be sketchy. Total newb.
I sold mine BB KEY2 LE on Kijiji. In my ad, I made it very clear that I opened the package to test the device (i.e. powers on, connects to WiFi, connects to cellular). I know that I could have left it in the packaging, unopened, but that potentially could result in issues if there are problems with the device. I didn't want to leave it up to chance.

Kijiji allows you to remain anonymous. You could definitely use a secondary email account, in case you don't want that buyer to bother you after the sale, but that's up to you.

I would definitely meet in a public place (e.g. library, coffee shop, lobby of office building, etc.) Don't want to buyers to come to my place if possible (sometimes you can't if the item is too large...) or meet at someone else's where who knows what could happen...
Dec 26, 2006
230 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby
ADenariusSaved wrote: Thanks! So you breach the packaging, what if they refuse it at that point even if it works, it'll be harder to sell to the next person? Do you create another e-mail or something to maintain anonymity? Meet in a public place? I haven't sold anything ever on Kijiji or Craigslist. Heard it can be sketchy. Total newb.
The box is already opened, I leave all the other packaging in intact and let the potential buyer power on the phone to ensure that it works.

I've confirmed they're ok with the price over the phone or email before meeting them either at my home or in the mall, never had any issues.
Apr 16, 2008
190 posts
144 upvotes
Does anyone know if Zoomer/Cityfone offers wifi calling yet?

Freedoms network is terrible, but wifi calling makes it passable.

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
Tyler18 wrote: Does anyone know if Zoomer/Cityfone offers wifi calling yet?

Freedoms network is terrible, but wifi calling makes it passable.

Thanks
No
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Feb 27, 2009
785 posts
434 upvotes
So let me get this straight
It uses Rogers towers
$36 plus tax
400 min free evening weekend
4 gig data
Free phone but u can use your own
$100 credit
2 yr contract

Anything I am missing?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
yellman wrote: So let me get this straight
It uses Rogers towers
$36 plus tax
400 min free evening weekend
4 gig data
Free phone but u can use your own
$100 credit
2 yr contract

Anything I am missing?
Only mini voicemail if it matters.

No Wi-Fi calling, but has extended coverage.

Referral credit

Loyalty plans after 6 months
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)