Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 5:20 am
May 24, 2008
519 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
So you are saying that those apns don't include the mms or just call them anyway?
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
keefrto1 wrote: So you are saying that those apns don't include the mms or just call them anyway?
You posted your questions about a week ago and nobody had gave you a solution.
It is up to you whether continue to wait or ask for help from the tech support which you paid for with your monthly payment.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
May 24, 2008
519 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
Right I get you now. The implication was that your advice was to contact them because there was indeed something missing. I was always going to check in with Zoomer if no-one here had the answer. Given that chat is not operating and I have waited 4 days from Zoomer receiving my email, I will call instead. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
May 23, 2006
222 posts
9 upvotes
TinkerPhil wrote: Just try it out for a couple weeks and send it back if it isn't working. I think you have 15 or 30 days?
I didn't know you could do this. So if I port out from Fido to Zoomer, I can cancel in 15-30 days and return back to Fido on my old plan?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1861 posts
609 upvotes
GTA
SlyC wrote: I didn't know you could do this. So if I port out from Fido to Zoomer, I can cancel in 15-30 days and return back to Fido on my old plan?
no, what they are saying is you try Zoomer before you port your number. Make some phone calls, use the data in places you tend to be.

If all is good port your number. Once you port you can not switch back to fido, at least not automatically, you would need to sign up with Fido and port you number now from Zoomer. This is not advisable as you need to cancel zoomer within the 30 days. If you just cancel Zoomer after you port your number YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR NUMBER, you need to port out first

So try it with the phone number zoomer assigns you and then decide if you are going to port your number.
May 24, 2008
519 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
Zoomer call today and they advise that all my app settings are fine and no need to change them to the general android set up that's around on the web
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1245 posts
131 upvotes
Ajax
Any DP's of people being able to sub in another phone instead of the G7 play? I was looking at either the moto g fast or Galaxy A11 as a substitute.

Tbh, I don't know much about any of those phones but figured the moto g fast or A11 were better phones?

Thanks all.

EDIT: Going through the checkout screens, it looks as though both the Moto G Fast and the Galaxy A11 qualify for the both the lifetime rewards bundle 10% off and $100 activation credit.
Nov 23, 2017
35 posts
38 upvotes
Edmonton
Redcoffee wrote: I'd also like to know if they will allow these for the $36 plan.
Yes they will. Both phones are free with a minimum $40/month line which the $36 is (always -10% I know it's stupid).

Just call them though, their customer service was really good any time I needed it.

Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1245 posts
131 upvotes
Ajax
Redcoffee wrote: I'd also like to know if they will allow these for the $36 plan.
Confirming. I just signed up for the moto g fast
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2637 posts
1536 upvotes
chat doesnt work anymore? my contract is up with them, should I stay or go? was on the $36 plan. I need a new phone that I will give to my mom.
Got that Zoomer account!
Dec 1, 2017
203 posts
169 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
riseagainstthemachine wrote: chat doesnt work anymore? my contract is up with them, should I stay or go? was on the $36 plan. I need a new phone that I will give to my mom.
The other carriers have upped the baseline to $50 for 4GB and up plans, so the $36 is worth continuing. Calling them is easier than chat. Scrolling up in this thread would have revealed to you that chat's been unsupported, likely due to manpower, these past few months.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Nov 11, 2003
440 posts
110 upvotes
Scarb
Calling was fast, no wait time. This was at 10am EST. Increased to the 5gb plan since I do not care about the minutes. $150 for the A51.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)