Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
corollace wrote: Just give some of you update, I called in today and asked if they can send a phone with a sealed box. The guy told me that all of the phones are open boxed. so .. don't expect any phone like brand brand new box anymore. The free phone now is Huawei GR5.
Mine was sealed and unused, so they must be giving you the run around. I’d keep fighting it.
Dealfinder111 wrote: I just eceived my phone today, port my number in within 10 mins. Was very happy about it, I use my own phone instead. Call is working but when I was about to use data, it doesn't work. Anyone have the same issue? I turned the phone off and on again but still doesn't work.
Your APN settings are likely the culprit and they probably need to be entered manually. Go into your network settings and it should be under Data/APN settings or something like that. Sorry, can’t help much since I’ve been an iPhone user for a year, but that’s probably it. Short of that, call CS.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Dealfinder111 wrote: I just eceived my phone today, port my number in within 10 mins. Was very happy about it, I use my own phone instead. Call is working but when I was about to use data, it doesn't work. Anyone have the same issue? I turned the phone off and on again but still doesn't work.
Android - check APN settings.

iPhone - May need to do factory reset.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1072 posts
228 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Android - check APN settings.

iPhone - May need to do factory reset.
checked, it is blank, so no APN setting. What should I do, any advice? I am using my unlocked LG G4 from fido.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
So they extended this deal to end of April? I could have wait for another two weeks so that my current prepaid plan runs out. That's what I get for playing it safe.

BTW website says offer expires June 30, 2018. So they extended it even further?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1303 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
This is the email they sent when I asked if the deal was going to be extended

"Thanks for your interest in Zoomer Wireless. My name is Kevin and I'll be assisting you with your inquiry today.

Read carefully the plan details below...

$40 SMART PHONE Plan details: Promo (Double Minutes/Data plus 2GB data (Promo expires April 30/2018)) (2 year term required)
The promo will remain as long as they retain the same rate plan.

Cost to them - $36/mo. plus any additional usage and tax. ($40 less 10%)
500MB doubled with another 500MB data plus 2GB bonus = 3GB Data LTE per month
200 + 200 bonus weekday minutes = 400 weekday minutes per month (6PM-7AM Mon - Fri)
Canada-Wide Long Distance
UNLIMITED Text & MMS (Canada/INTL, sent from Canada)
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends (6PM - 7AM Mon - Fri, Sat, Sun)
Unlimited Incoming Text
FREE Mini Voicemail ( 3 messages saved for 3 days, 3 minutes in length each)
FREE Name Display
Free Call Waiting
Free Caller ID
Free Conference Calling
Unlimited Zoomer to Zoomer calling "

On a side note besides the $36 per month are there any additional monthly fees besides 911?
I'll switch over before the end of the month to use what I already have paid for.I imagine this deal will end whenever they get enough subs that they want.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Which version of Samsung J3 is this? 2016? or 2017?
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmeanie wrote: Which version of Samsung J3 is this? 2016? or 2017?
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
yyz64 wrote: This is the email they sent when I asked if the deal was going to be extended

"Thanks for your interest in Zoomer Wireless. My name is Kevin and I'll be assisting you with your inquiry today.

Read carefully the plan details below...

$40 SMART PHONE Plan details: Promo (Double Minutes/Data plus 2GB data (Promo expires April 30/2018)) (2 year term required)
The promo will remain as long as they retain the same rate plan.

Cost to them - $36/mo. plus any additional usage and tax. ($40 less 10%)
500MB doubled with another 500MB data plus 2GB bonus = 3GB Data LTE per month
200 + 200 bonus weekday minutes = 400 weekday minutes per month (6PM-7AM Mon - Fri)
Canada-Wide Long Distance
UNLIMITED Text & MMS (Canada/INTL, sent from Canada)
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends (6PM - 7AM Mon - Fri, Sat, Sun)
Unlimited Incoming Text
FREE Mini Voicemail ( 3 messages saved for 3 days, 3 minutes in length each)
FREE Name Display
Free Call Waiting
Free Caller ID
Free Conference Calling
Unlimited Zoomer to Zoomer calling "

On a side note besides the $36 per month are there any additional monthly fees besides 911?
I'll switch over before the end of the month to use what I already have paid for.I imagine this deal will end whenever they get enough subs that they want.
No 911 fee on my bill in ON.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
corollace wrote: Just give some of you update, I called in today and asked if they can send a phone with a sealed box. The guy told me that all of the phones are open boxed. so .. don't expect any phone like brand brand new box anymore. The free phone now is Huawei GR5.
Mine was sealed, but it was an upgrade so I had my SIM card already
Also, I got the unlock code today and unlocked it no problem.

Sealed or not, I will still open it to make sure it's unlocked and/or unlock it.
And to update it to the latest version because there are TONS of it.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: checked, it is blank, so no APN setting. What should I do, any advice? I am using my unlocked LG G4 from fido.
Check the FAQ in the thread summary. APN settings and details are listed there.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
bobbyg9 wrote: Got a Q6 and it came with a broken seal. They opened the box and put a zoomer sticker on it. I called and they said they inspect every phone before they ship. I am starting to think they are using Rogers and Fido open box phones...
Well, if you'd bother to read tru hundreds of Zoomer thread pages, you will see that they _always_ do this: they open the box to insert the SIM card and check the phone. Or that's what they are saying. Very, very rare few manged to ask and get the sealed box. So it is normal procedure with Zoomer, not an "Open box" phone that you got.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
We have to keep in mind its target client base, baby boomers retirees, thus they pre-install the SIM card so it's fool proof for them.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1072 posts
228 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: Check the FAQ in the thread summary. APN settings and details are listed there.
How can I go through 80 pages to find the answer, I will just give them a call. Thanks anyway.
Jan 10, 2007
578 posts
800 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: How can I go through 80 pages to find the answer, I will just give them a call. Thanks anyway.
The thread summary is the second post from the top. There you will see the APN etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1072 posts
228 upvotes
driverso wrote: The thread summary is the second post from the top. There you will see the APN etc.
Thank you, found it. It also said: If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN.

I have an unlocked G4, does it mean I have to factory reset my phone? Does that mean all my existing things inside my phone will be gone?:(
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1949 upvotes
max011 wrote: Well, if you'd bother to read tru hundreds of Zoomer thread pages, you will see that they _always_ do this: they open the box to insert the SIM card and check the phone. Or that's what they are saying. Very, very rare few manged to ask and get the sealed box. So it is normal procedure with Zoomer, not an "Open box" phone that you got.
Several other providers will do the same. When I jumped on the PC Mobile deal for the Moto G5, the box was also opened because they inspect the contents. It does not mean you are getting a used phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: How can I go through 80 pages to find the answer, I will just give them a call. Thanks anyway.
Dealfinder111 wrote: Thank you, found it. It also said: If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN.

I have an unlocked G4, does it mean I have to factory reset my phone? Does that mean all my existing things inside my phone will be gone?:(
As the person above said, it's on the first page. It helps to read the first page of about thread or even using the "Search Thread" feature before asking duplicate questions.

As I have already written in the thread summary, you may have to factory reset. Back up your phone before you factory reset so you won't lose your data. You can do this with a micro SD or by connecting your device to a computer (I think. I have only done through SD).
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dealfinder111 wrote: Thank you, found it. It also said: If you have an unlocked LG device (G3/G4/G5), you may need to factory reset your phone after updating your APN.

Your emails and contacts are synced with your Google account. Some of your profile preferences will re-sync after the faculty reset and you sign-in with your Google (gmail) account again.

Get SMS Backup & Restore by SyncTech from the Playstore, back-up your SMS and call history to your Google Drive. Move other files to your SD Card.

Nothing to worry about when factory resetting.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1072 posts
228 upvotes
DStriderX wrote: Your emails and contacts are synced with your Google account. Some of your profile preferences will re-sync after the faculty reset and you sign-in with your Google (gmail) account again.

Get SMS Backup & Restore by SyncTech from the Playstore, back-up your SMS and call history to your Google Drive. Move other files to your SD Card.

Nothing to worry about when factory resetting.
Thank you all for the helpful tips. Appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)