Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 4:37 pm
Sr. Member
Jul 24, 2012
649 posts
95 upvotes
ANONYT wrote: a year ago i went with the GR5 and was able to sell it for $140 or something like that, i went with the J3 this time and am having trouble selling it for $100 (its been a week now on kijji) lol
i would go for the GR5 for a quick sale.

also found the J3 specs slow
I'm not planning to sell it, I will use it myself. Which spec is better?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 19, 2010
3282 posts
893 upvotes
GTA
Dealfinder111 wrote: I'm not planning to sell it, I will use it myself. Which spec is better?
GR5. Especially if you put a custom rom on it. The other options dont even have 1080p screens.
Newbie
Mar 18, 2018
5 posts
I'm still unsure as to what I should do. I was thinking of getting the P10 Lite, use it for a while then get a Xiaomi phone or something. Or maybe just one of the free phones. Do Xiaomi phones work with Zoomer?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2007
1024 posts
183 upvotes
jackrk wrote: I'm still unsure as to what I should do. I was thinking of getting the P10 Lite, use it for a while then get a Xiaomi phone or something. Or maybe just one of the free phones. Do Xiaomi phones work with Zoomer?
My son is using a Redmi Note 3 Pro on zoomer. No issues at all
Sr. Member
Jan 20, 2012
543 posts
473 upvotes
LONDON
pipolchap wrote: I'm testing with a Telus sim and it's asking for the code. It's the GR5.
Do what the poster above me said to do. Just chat with zoomer or call them. They’ll provide you the code.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1420 posts
654 upvotes
What year and model is the Samsung J3 that Zoomer is giving for free?

For example: J300 (2016), J310 (2017), etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
bizzyseller wrote: What year and model is the Samsung J3 that Zoomer is giving for free?

For example: J300 (2016), J310 (2017), etc.
If I remember correctly, it is the 2016 J320.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jr. Member
Sep 5, 2017
124 posts
17 upvotes
halifax
9613019 wrote: If I remember correctly, it is the 2016 J320.
i received 2days ago ,and mine is SM - J320W8
Newbie
Apr 17, 2008
36 posts
42 upvotes
Kingston
I was offered another plan chatting with Zoomer: $40.50 for 500 daytime mins, 3GB Data, and unlimited incoming calls.

250 + 250 = 500 CanadaWide Weekday Minutes
Unlimited CanadaWide EW Minutes (6PM)
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Unlimited Outgoing Text Canada/US/International
Unlimited MMS
Unlimited Incoming Canadian Text
500 + 500 + 2GB = 3GB MB Data Usage
Data overage is $0.05/MB
Free mini voicemail, call display & name display
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
baigmomin wrote: I was offered another plan chatting with Zoomer: $40.50 for 500 daytime mins, 3GB Data, and unlimited incoming calls.

250 + 250 = 500 CanadaWide Weekday Minutes
Unlimited CanadaWide EW Minutes (6PM)
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Unlimited Outgoing Text Canada/US/International
Unlimited MMS
Unlimited Incoming Canadian Text
500 + 500 + 2GB = 3GB MB Data Usage
Data overage is $0.05/MB
Free mini voicemail, call display & name display
This is the $45 base plan with 10% off, double everything and 2GB bonus date. It was not popular before, but it might be a good choice now with the free P10 Lite phone.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2015
730 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
Canadaleaf114 wrote: Are there any good benefits that come with the CARP membership that comes with signing up with zoomer?
It's useless. You get the magazine that I'm sure one of your older relatives will enjoy, and that's about it.
9613019 wrote: This is the $45 base plan with 10% off, double everything and 2GB bonus date. It was not popular before, but it might be a good choice now with the free P10 Lite phone.
Normally I wouldn't be interested in that but to get the P10 it's a little more compelling. I like the GR5 but it doesn't take much to fill 16 GB. I'm a year in and at the point where I have to delete an app every week to make way for more updates.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3311 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: It's useless. You get the magazine that I'm sure one of your older relatives will enjoy, and that's about it.



Normally I wouldn't be interested in that but to get the P10 it's a little more compelling. I like the GR5 but it doesn't take much to fill 16 GB. I'm a year in and at the point where I have to delete an app every week to make way for more updates.
The $40.5 plan is good for people with all the following needs.

1. Want P10 lite to use or sell.

2. Need 3GB data instead of 2GB.

3. Have lots of incoming calls, but not much outgoing calls.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Member
Apr 23, 2003
497 posts
245 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
9613019 wrote: The $40.5 plan is good for people with all the following needs.

1. Want P10 lite to use or sell.

2. Need 3GB data instead of 2GB.

3. Have lots of incoming calls, but not much outgoing calls.
The $36 for 3 GB is still better for savings -- $75 for P10 Lite. At $40.50 plan ($4.50 x 24 = $108), it will cost an additional $33 in 2 years. However, for those not wanting to pay anything upfront then it's a good option.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)