Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer Wireless - $36 for 5 GB + $100 Activation Credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 2:17 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2017
214 posts
571 upvotes

Zoomer Wireless - $36 for 5 GB + $100 Activation Credit

Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
Mod Edit: To prevent this thread from being locked, do not offer/ask for referrals in this thread or suggest users PM you for more info.

Looks like Zoomer has their 5 GB for $36 offer back. Unlimited text. 800 minutes only.

This time is looks like they're offering a $100 activation credit.

Zoomer runs on Rogers network.

There's an existing thread deal in the ongoing section but there's always a new thread made when this deal comes up.

I haven't received this offer but I know Zoomer has a good reputation for customer service. I'm still on the old 4 GB for $36 plan. Might try and see if they'd add the extra GB, though.

https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotion ... onus-offer

The fine print on the activation credit:
**$25 Talk & Text Promo Plan, $40 5 GB Promo Plan and $45 6 GB Promo Plan new activations with a 2-year term are eligible for a bill credit: $50 with Talk & Text plans; $100 with Smartphone plans. Bill credit applies to account balance. Not applicable to Wireless Home Phone and Tablet activations. Credit will be reversed if service is discontinued or modified within the first 30 days. Hardware Upgrades are not eligible for the bill credit.
Last edited by Sanforized on Jun 16th, 2020 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit
Share:
Thread Summary
*The thread summary covers many of the questions asked in Zoomer Wireless threads.*

1. In order to qualify for the $100 activation credit and $50 referral credit, you must sign a 2 year term contract, not month to month.
2. If you are looking to open or transfer multiple lines, you can start to refer others with your own referral code once you activate your line. The referee must open a brand new profile to receive the $100 activation credit, and you will each receive $50 referral credit.
3. You can request to NOT have the SIM card put in if you want to use your own phone. Zoomer will ALWAYS open the box to ensure that the phone is in working order before shipping, regardless if you ask to not open the box
4. Zoomer runs on Rogers network, data is full speed 4G LTE. If you're using your own phone, restart your phone after you put in the new SIM card from Zoomer
5. iMessage works on iPhone
6. Currently no RCS messaging, VoLTE support or VoWiFi
7a. Zoomer Wireless has a 30-day guarantee.
7b. Porting in a phone number to Zoomer Wireless from another carrier, can be requested during activation or several days/weeks later. This allows you to test out the service in your home/work/commute with the Zoomer Wireless assigned number.
8. Bonus data/minutes/text messages offered during the activation of a 2-year promotional term, are kept at the end of the 2 year term
9. At the end of the 2 year term, you automatically become a monthly subscriber. You may choose to renew for another 2 year term and get another phone
10. Scotia Visa Infinite has been reported to recognize monthly payments as recurring and provides a 4% cash back
11. Extended coverage included, see their Network Coverage page. Scroll to the bottom to the 'Most Asked Questions' section to read about Extended Coverage.
12. Data will NOT stop, you will however receive text message alert at 90% and 100%. Android OS has the function to stop data, see Set Data Limit, iOS does not.
13. Zoomer does NOT have a roam like home automatic out of country roaming (and their add ons are pricey, better to go with ROAM, etc)
14. The activation process can be started online, but to complete the activation process it requires a call with the Zoomer Wireless CSR.
15a. The Zoomer Wireless service is tied to the SIM card, not the phone you get with the 2 year contract.
15b. The phone that comes with the 2 year contract can be sold; it does not have to be used for Zoomer Wireless service to work.
15c. The Zoomer Wireless SIM card can used with iPhones.
16. You can enable Hotspot on your phone to share the connection with other devices, the data used will count towards your data plan
17. Free SIM card and $0 activation fee
18. Data and Minutes usage counts from the 9th of the current month to the 8th of the following month. When you first activate the service both will be prorated until the 8th of the following month.
1392 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8914 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
Highly recommend zoomer. I jumped on a similar deal last round. Don't forget the #ref bonus from an existing customer.
Jul 17, 2007
137 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
The only thing I may be missing is "Roam like home".
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4347 posts
180 upvotes
Great deal. I switched to Zoomer a few months ago. Haven't have one single problem.
Oct 21, 2016
176 posts
598 upvotes
Love it! gonna sign up now. Please note that they do a hard credit check.
Jun 16, 2019
117 posts
184 upvotes
Last time I signed up it said that the $50 referral is shared between the two people but I got the full $50.

Crazy deal! Even without the free phone this is an insane deal with good amount of data with $150 activation credit.
I feel like I had better connection than when I was with Virgin (GVArea)
Jan 18, 2009
353 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the "Zoomer 10 Percent Plan Discount" a perpetual discount so long as you are customer?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8914 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
Michnig wrote: Last time I signed up it said that the $50 referral is shared between the two people but I got the full $50.

Crazy deal! Even without the free phone this is an insane deal with good amount of data with $150 activation credit.
I feel like I had better connection than when I was with Virgin (GVArea)
That's correct. That's $100 split between the existing + new customer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8777 posts
12537 upvotes
I've switched to Zoomer several months ago, and they seem to be pretty decent so far!

I went with their $40.50 unlimited plan including the Huawei P30 lite, and can't complain about anything.

Don't forget to use anyone's referral for the extra $50 discount.
Last edited by IDStorms on Jun 15th, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 13, 2017
185 posts
304 upvotes
Halifax
Anyone in Halifax/NS know how's Rogers reception ? The last time I had Rogers was in 2013 and it was awful, especially in Burnside
Nov 14, 2003
414 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
JaaK wrote: Is the "Zoomer 10 Percent Plan Discount" a perpetual discount so long as you are customer?
Yes
Jan 6, 2017
167 posts
126 upvotes
Zoomer referral program is amazing so is there signal.
- Public Mobile $120 for 3 months with 12 gigs LTE
- Zoomerwireless $36 per month for 4 gigs
Dec 22, 2015
16 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I was able to change my current "$36 per month for 4 gb and 400mins" to this plan. I wasn't eligible for 100$ activation credits but was able to upgrade to this promo with no additional charges.
Mar 15, 2019
747 posts
890 upvotes
Go Zoomers!!!!
4 years 2 phones same plan. ZERO issue so far
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jan 18, 2009
353 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Cnsultnt wrote: Yes
Thanks... So if a contract is not signed, has anyone been on Zoomer who have had their rates increased during their time with them? Is there a BYOD discount if you should not take their phone?