Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] $40.50 for Unlimited Talk/Text 6GB + Samsung Galaxy A20 on 2yr term.

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 11:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5814 posts
239 upvotes
where could I get deals for smartphones without plans? Looking for moto G7/8 play
Nov 14, 2004
256 posts
145 upvotes
Kelowna
LDN2012 wrote: Zoomer is the exact same coverage as Rogers (since Rogers owns Cityphone and Cityphone resells service through Zoomer). Maybe it is your phone?
I guess I should rephrase my question: is roaming on the Rogers network better/worse/same as a Canadian provider on Rogers network?
Like if I was on Zoomer, would the service/coverage be better than on AT&T roaming on Rogers network? Or does it not make a difference since BOTH are on the Rogers network?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32630 posts
18430 upvotes
Ottawa
percy wrote: I guess I should rephrase my question: is roaming on the Rogers network better/worse/same as a Canadian provider on Rogers network?
Like if I was on Zoomer, would the service/coverage be better than on AT&T roaming on Rogers network? Or does it not make a difference since BOTH are on the Rogers network?
You're on exclusively on the Roger's network.
Feb 22, 2013
764 posts
608 upvotes
percy wrote: I guess I should rephrase my question: is roaming on the Rogers network better/worse/same as a Canadian provider on Rogers network?
Are you getting full bars? Can you try your AT&T sim in another phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4206 posts
5395 upvotes
Vancouver
nufan wrote: Got the 36.50 plan a couple of months ago. I am actually getting close to the 800 minutes due to working from home! Although don’t think they are charging for overage during this time anyway. On the flip side I have hardly touched the 5gb data!
Hangouts Dialer is your friend... 5GB data = ~10K minuets... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Mar 19, 2016
9 posts
5 upvotes
The ping will be better as you wont be routed back to AT&T but if you have bad signal nothing will fix that.
Oct 4, 2010
461 posts
156 upvotes
Surrey
you were able to upgrade to the A50 for $45? i had to pay $150...
TheSheldor wrote: Signed up back in January for the $40 plan discounted to $36. Got $100 bonus + $50 referral credit + a Samsung A50 for $45 which I sold for $320.

Customer service is fast and the LTE speeds are even faster (a little too fast as I blew through my data doing speedtests).

I have been with Rogers for the last 10 years and overall, I'm pretty happy so far.
Jul 14, 2013
282 posts
138 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
karnige wrote: when did it change to 6gigs? i wonder if the $36 loyalty plan has changed yet
It changed somewhat. I'm on the $36/month plan. After 6 months, loyalty kicks in to give you unlimited talk & text along with an extra GB of data. This brings your total data to 4GB. The current $36/month plan gives you 800 minutes, unlimited text, and 5GB of data. I made the switch a few days ago since my 2 years is up. i don't use enough minutes so I might as well take that extra GB of data.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1634 posts
1299 upvotes
zjhehe wrote: It changed somewhat. I'm on the $36/month plan. After 6 months, loyalty kicks in to give you unlimited talk & text along with an extra GB of data. This brings your total data to 4GB. The current $36/month plan gives you 800 minutes, unlimited text, and 5GB of data. I made the switch a few days ago since my 2 years is up. i don't use enough minutes so I might as well take that extra GB of data.
ive been on the 4gb loyalty for almost 2 years now. was hoping maybe it got bumped up to 5 lol
Jul 14, 2013
282 posts
138 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
karnige wrote: ive been on the 4gb loyalty for almost 2 years now. was hoping maybe it got bumped up to 5 lol
I inquired about that too. If you already go the extra GB after 6 months loyalty, it doesn't look like they're bumping it up. The new for 800 minutes and 5GB of data apparently doesn't have loyalty. After 6 months, they won't upgrade to unlimited minutes :(
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Feb 22, 2013
764 posts
608 upvotes
max011 wrote: Hangouts Dialer is your friend... 5GB data = ~10K minuets... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
VOIP calls sound bad. Friends don’t let friends use VOIP. Come and join us in 2020 we have POTS and VoLTE now. Leave VOIP to scammers.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4206 posts
5395 upvotes
Vancouver
sparkaction wrote: VOIP calls sound bad. Friends don’t let friends use VOIP. Come and join us in 2020 we have POTS and VoLTE now. Leave VOIP to scammers.
I don't trust people who grossly generalize.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)