Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Zoomer Wireless Black Friday Offers - Samsung A71 Free with $45 (7 GB) Plan + $150 Credits + $50 Referral

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 3:03 am
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto

Zoomer Wireless Black Friday Offers - Samsung A71 Free with $45 (7 GB) Plan + $150 Credits + $50 Referral

Deal Link:
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotion ... berbf-2020

Samsung Galaxy A71 - $0 on 2 Year Plan of $45 (7 GB) + Get $150 credit for new activation (essentially no phone bill for 1st 3 months)

Samsung Galaxy A51 - $0 on 2 Year Plan of $40 (6 GB) + Get $150 credit for new activation (essentially no phone bill for 1st 3 months)

If you have Referral, you get another $50 credits which will make 1 more month free.

Mod Edit: To prevent this thread from being locked, do not offer/ask for referrals in this thread or suggest users PM you for more info.
Last edited by Sanforized on Nov 18th, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit
Bank : Tangerine, EQ Bank
Credit Cards : Tangerine (2% on 3 categories), Rogers (1.5% flat, 3% on USD)
Stocks/ETFs : Wealthsimple Trade, Questrade
Thread Summary
rolomonster wrote: FAQs:

FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

Speak with a Zoomer rep by calling in. Chat is currently down. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $50 bill credit (YMMV)

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the highest resale value phone to reduce your overall costs.

3. I am with Zoomer already, do I get the $150 bonus if I sign another 2 year contract?

No. Only new activations only.

4. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Depends on your needs and long term plan. Personally I got the flip phone for a low committment option and "buy out".

5. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use.

6. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

7. How long is this plan/bonus referral available until?

November 30 but as always YMMV.

8. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are local from Canada, quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

9. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
285 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2388 posts
1456 upvotes
GTA
Looks good!
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Dec 29, 2004
360 posts
466 upvotes
As an existing customer off contract, the $150 activation bonus is annoying. Was bad enough when it was $100.

Any way around this?
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
da_123 wrote: As an existing customer off contract, the $150 activation bonus is annoying. Was bad enough when it was $100.

Any way around this?
That's true
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
SoroSuub1 wrote: Do the referral bonuses stack on top of the activation credit? $50 each for referrer and referee still?

Time to refer my family lol.
No idea...I am an existing customer so just did Hardware Upgrade (no activation/referral credit for me)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2290 posts
723 upvotes
YVR
Unfortunate but existing customers have no way to get the activation credit, they're for new customers only.

A71 and the new $150 credit for Black Friday is an excellent deal though, makes me jealous
Zoomer
Aug 15, 2019
5 posts
Does the data stop after reaching the limit or will they charge you per MB? Do you get notifications when you're running out of data?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11949 posts
10869 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Do the referral bonuses stack on top of the activation credit? $50 each for referrer and referee still?

Time to refer my family lol.
Yes, You get $50 as referrer. Your referee will get $50.
But the new referee must be in a separate account from the referrer.
Otherwise, no referral credit for both.
New activation credit will apply to the same account or separate accounts.
Last edited by embguy on Nov 17th, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1035 posts
198 upvotes
Great deal, especially with the $150 activation credit with $50 referral. Time to convince my brothers and sisters to switch over. Maybe $200 credit will be enticing for them =).

Samsung is worth about $300 resell value. If sold, you can get up to $500 value if you don't need the phone.

---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
Aug 15, 2019
5 posts
Thanks!

I just noticed this on the bottom of "legal" page:
For information on tools to help you manage your bill, including notifications on data usage and roaming, data caps and usage monitoring tools, please register for and log into My Account, available through your wireless program website, to view details on your actual usage.
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/legal/document/208

Can anybody with account confirm it's functionality please? I'll jump right in this deal if there's a way to get like a text at 90% data or set a data cap.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2290 posts
723 upvotes
YVR
zadrozny91 wrote: Does the data stop after reaching the limit or will they charge you per MB? Do you get notifications when you're running out of data?
You can self monitor on your phone, or through the Zoomed my account page.

If this is a concern, you can ask Zoomer to auto shut down down once you reach your data limit. I had to do this for a line I opened for a family member because they don't monitor it.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1035 posts
198 upvotes
zadrozny91 wrote: Can anybody with account confirm it's functionality please? I'll jump right in this deal if there's a way to get like a text at 90% data or set a data cap.
You get a text when your data is 90% used but you can not stop the data at 100% unless you have an andriod phone that can disable data once a certain usage is reached.
---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1271 posts
359 upvotes
YYC
Is Zoomer available in Calgary? Their chat is not working

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)