Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Zoomer Wireless Black Friday Offers - Samsung A71 Free with $45 (7 GB) Plan + $150 Credits + $50 Referral

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 11:17 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1392 posts
725 upvotes
Hamilton
MiguelPereira wrote: It has NFC but not wireless charging.
If you really want wireless charging, use this with a regular case and you're good to go.
Nillkin has good acessories.

You can use Samsung Pay on that phone.

TBH That A71 only needs OIS on the Camera and Wireless charging to be S Series phone. But I think the camera is really good if you explore it well.
Thanks, but the resources I found still say it does not have NFC. Do you own one and tested it?
Mar 12, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
HamsiBrain wrote: Thanks, but the resources I found still say it does not have NFC. Do you own one and tested it?
As per the screenshot I posted above.
Own one, tested, Google pay and Samsung pay working perfect.

Go to the Canadian Samsung product page and use it as your resource. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 29, 2004
381 posts
492 upvotes
da_123 wrote: We just upgraded a week ago. Didn’t get the email.

Due to the 30 day return we should be entitled to this?
Re-signed up for the $45 plan and A71 a week ago.

Called in for the $50 credit for existing customers and was getting push back. Not sure why - we could just return it and re-buy. Got disconnected and haven't called back yet.
Dec 19, 2018
36 posts
58 upvotes
Can anyone with zoomer do a speed test please

Im curious as to download and upload speeds
Mar 12, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
ChrisT5598 wrote: Can anyone with zoomer do a speed test please

Im curious as to download and upload speeds
There you go.
Images
  • upload.jpg
May 11, 2007
975 posts
720 upvotes
Kitchener
wolf30 wrote: They need more phones at Zoomer like a pixel 4a or something. I would switch over to zoomer but their phones are just meh and the selection sucks...
i was with them for over 4 years, till recently i switched over to Koodo just cus i could use a better phone.
Mar 7, 2017
631 posts
286 upvotes
MiguelPereira wrote: There you go.
Wow I'm only getting max 30Mbps down on LTE. I'm in Vaughan if that makes a substantial difference
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Mar 12, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
1tallaznguy wrote: Wow I'm only getting max 30Mbps down on LTE. I'm in Vaughan if that makes a substantial difference
I'm in Toronto, Lawrence and Caledonia and Westn rd and black creek
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1717 posts
145 upvotes
caraj4u wrote: i was with them for over 4 years, till recently i switched over to Koodo just cus i could use a better phone.
Yeah, their phone's are dated and top out at mid-range level. They need to bring in some flagship level phones. I don't even mind putting down a down payment like an extra $100-200 just so I can get a better phone. It's the only thing holding me back from going with them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5390 posts
1156 upvotes
wolf30 wrote: Yeah, their phone's are dated and top out at mid-range level. They need to bring in some flagship level phones. I don't even mind putting down a down payment like an extra $100-200 just so I can get a better phone. It's the only thing holding me back from going with them.
If one is considering the Pixel 4A, the A71 matches most specs and beats some.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=9995

Same CPU, bigger screen, same build, has microsd expansion...

The A71 is almost on par with S20 FE, except for slower CPU, no water resistance, no wireless charging, no 3x optical but has 64MP main shooter which can be cropped to get same effect, no 5g (which doesn't matter at this point), but has slightly bigger screen and costs much less.
Jul 25, 2017
589 posts
174 upvotes
I'm with Freedom All in the family 2011( $35) plan with 5GB. Should I jump on zoomer deal or the freedom S20 deal? What would you recommend
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1717 posts
145 upvotes
mystery wrote: If one is considering the Pixel 4A, the A71 matches most specs and beats some.

The A71 is almost on par with S20 FE, except for slower CPU, no water resistance, no wireless charging, no 3x optical but has 64MP main shooter which can be cropped to get same effect, no 5g (which doesn't matter at this point), but has slightly bigger screen and costs much less.
I had a look at the camera based on several youtube videos and the picture quality is slightly inferior. For me most of the other features aren't revelent. I just need a good camera on a phone and I'll be satisfied. It's too bad they don't carry an s10, huawei 30 pro or p40 models at zoomer. Not sure if you can pick up the p30 non-pro version for $45 a month but even that phone is kind of meh... I'll see what they offer later on in terms of phone selection and think of switching.
Feb 24, 2018
408 posts
195 upvotes
mystery wrote: If one is considering the Pixel 4A, the A71 matches most specs and beats some.

Am I the only one who WANTS the smaller screen? These things are getting ridiculously sized now, they're 160+ cm in length. Anything above $250 is generally fast unless you're doing something demanding on it which most people aren't so you'd think we'd then be focusing on the ergonomics of the phone but Samsung, Motorola, and LG all push these tablet sized phones.
Nov 29, 2003
4 posts
I would recommend zoomer or fido for a more reliable signal and coverage.
Jul 25, 2017
589 posts
174 upvotes
cqw wrote: I would recommend zoomer or fido for a more reliable signal and coverage.
Worth it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5257 posts
2872 upvotes
decided to go with Fido from TMS for the S20 FE and got 300K points of PCO, which I could turn into $450 if I could find something to buy at SDM now
Jul 25, 2009
31 posts
6 upvotes
Thank you op. I got the A51 for free and $150 bill credit and the referral credit on top of that. This is by far the best deal one can get. Bye bye Koodo...

This beats the crap retention offer that Koodo offered me by trying to switch me on to their in market $45/month plan with tab med and even a $10/month credit for 24 months still makes the zoomer deal better by over $300.
Sep 20, 2017
369 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
$50 referral is great . Fido should do that too.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2530 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
wolf30 wrote: Yeah, their phone's are dated and top out at mid-range level. They need to bring in some flagship level phones. I don't even mind putting down a down payment like an extra $100-200 just so I can get a better phone. It's the only thing holding me back from going with them.
You are right about the lack of flagship phones available from Zoomer. I've been with them for over four years and it's always been that way. It will probably never change. It's unlikely that Rogers would ever allow Zoomer access to flagship phones. That and a few features (like roam like home) are how Rogers can differentiate themselves and keep some (but not all) of their customers from leaving their high price (read high profit) plans. Just my 2 cents worth
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Aug 20, 2016
380 posts
337 upvotes
going from zoomer to fido.
contract end date is tomorrow.
change over to Fido tomorrow or wait till Sunday?
I do not want Zoomer charging me for another month.