Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Zoomer Wireless Black Friday Offers - Samsung A71 Free with $45 (7 GB) Plan + $150 Credits + $50 Referral

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 11:17 pm
Dec 13, 2015
23 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wondering anyone received A71 shipping information in the past few days.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7558 posts
1016 upvotes
GTA
Alofile wrote: Just wondering anyone received A71 shipping information in the past few days.
I did yesterday for the order I placed last week.

Edit to add: Out for delivery today. I was given option of Purolator or Canada Post by Zoomer and picked Canada Post
Last edited by sillysimms on Dec 3rd, 2020 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1834 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Alofile wrote: Just wondering anyone received A71 shipping information in the past few days.
Mine was to be shipped out on Nov 30th. (ordered Nov 26th).
But i have not received any shipping notice.
May 9, 2019
16 posts
12 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: GTA is flooded with A71 for sale, seeing everything from $350-$480 posted. If you could off it for over $400, happy for you.
I think if you use words like 'never been used'. 'proof of purchase' in your ad, then the buyer does not mind spending a few dollars extra.
I even gave the buyer my phone number just to prove that there is nothing shady about this deal.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12096 posts
11013 upvotes
livenletlive wrote: I think if you use words like 'never been used'. 'proof of purchase' in your ad, then the buyer does not mind spending a few dollars extra.
I even gave the buyer my phone number just to prove that there is nothing shady about this deal.
Before COVID, I let people come to my house to test it before paying.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1096 posts
89 upvotes
Apparently the LG Velvet 5G phone was on par or better than A71, still not much interest with couple lower offers like 325. oh well, worse case I will keep it as back up phone.
Jan 28, 2013
457 posts
650 upvotes
Waterloo
sunny923 wrote: Apparently the LG Velvet 5G phone was on par or better than A71, still not much interest with couple lower offers like 325. oh well, worse case I will keep it as back up phone.
Try selling to gorecell, they seem like a legit business, judging from the Google reviews. They paying 425$ for excellent condition LG VELVET 5G
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1199 posts
1325 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
No info. They don't update your account with the order till when they ship it. The sales associate told me it's 2 weeks till they get stock, so imagine you gotta wait till Dec 12th before I'd worry. I haven't gotten any info either.
May 9, 2019
16 posts
12 upvotes
Hey, am not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but I have been getting calls from this number - 647-493-5944 and 647-493-5955
They claim to be calling from Best buy mobiles and the truecaller phone app also shows them as BestBuyMobile.
They offer really good phone deals, too good to be true types and that's what made me suspicious.
I asked them to send me the deal they were offering on my email and they did that without any hesitation, this is the email Id - Best Buy Mobiles <promotions@bestbuymobiles.store> and I for a second thought may be they are genuine.
But since the offer was just too good to be true, I further did a google search on them and found another thread where people who have been victims have posted about them, my suspicion was right.
They even have a website - www.Bestbuymobiles.store which when you check will clearly show that they are not related to Best Buy in any way.

Also, these scammers are smart, they use this address - 110 Place d'Orléans Dr, Orléans, ON K1C 2L9 - which is of a shopping mall and they do not mention any unit number.
I did a google search and there is actually a real Best Buy Mobile store at the above location, but it has a different phone number.

I am not sure how they got my number, but they were aware that I am with Zoomer and they offered me a really good deal with Rogers. When I told them about the 2 year contract, they said I do not have to pay any cancellation charges for breaking the contract as Zoomer is owned by Rogers. Below is the text from the email I got from them -

"If you have less than One year contract remaining or if you have less than One thousand amount in your previous Contract than you don’t need to pay for your previous contract anymore.
Once your order will be confirmed you will get a confirmation email from our side and a verification call from the Dispatch Department and we will provide you the tracking number for your order so you can track it by yourself. Your parcel will be delivered at the address you will be providing and it must be the same address which is registered with your bank as well. You will receive your parcel within 3 to 5 Working days after placing your order.
If you have any question please feel free to reach us:
1-647-493-5955
www.Bestbuymobiles.store"

Please be careful guys and don't fall for this scam and inform others as well.
Has any one else received a call from them?
Jul 12, 2006
408 posts
25 upvotes
Which phone would you recommend - the Moto G Stylus or the Samsung A51?

Based on the reviews, they are pretty even, the A51 may have slight edge on specs, but the Moto is 128GB, the A51 is 64GB.
I should add the review for the A51 appear to refer to the 128GB version, so the 64GB may be the Canada special.

Which phone would you get to sell quickly? And which one if you had to keep and use it?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1802 posts
938 upvotes
FYI apparently the activation credit has gone up to $200 for the $45 6gb plan ($40.50 after discounts) + $50 referral credits.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201211-140226_Chrome.jpg
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1878 posts
607 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: FYI apparently the activation credit has gone up to $200 for the $45 6gb plan ($40.50 after discounts) + $50 referral credits.
sad puppy face.gif
Jul 12, 2006
408 posts
25 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: FYI apparently the activation credit has gone up to $200 for the $45 6gb plan ($40.50 after discounts) + $50 referral credits.
Next stop 250! They're trying to corner the market. I lobbied a couple of people to switch but they weren't Zoomer material.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
I wish I'd waited to port my parents over now. Oof.