Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Zoomer Wireless Black Friday Offers - Samsung A71 Free with $45 (7 GB) Plan + $150 Credits + $50 Referral

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 11:17 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1072 posts
228 upvotes
Even without the extra bonus such as activation credit, the plans are still very economical and you don't have to hassle to keep renegotiating for a better plan when other provider keeps increasing their price after your contract is over. Good for people that are looking for less hassle.
---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
Apr 18, 2017
58 posts
33 upvotes
can anyone vouch for their service in the GTA? even in the outskirts of the city?
Nov 17, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Just ordered the A71 yesterday coming from Rogers and a previous owner of a Pixel 3XL (2 years old phone and battery nearly over). I'll hope for a similar level of performance than my Pixel 3XL (similar score on Antutu, slighly better for the A71..)
150$ credit activation and 50$ referral are great. I was paying more than $70 monthly with Rogers so a $30 monthly payment reduction is very nice.
I'am living in Montreal so I expect a similar coverage as with Rogers.
Dec 29, 2004
381 posts
492 upvotes
flamez1000 wrote: Once again, nothing for current loyal customers. Methinks it's time to be not so loyal any more..
This is the thing - they're all about treating all customers the same. But then they started introducing activation credits, while at the same time taking loyalty plans away. Which means you need to start playing games if you want to be on equal footing with new customers.

Signing up for a new account (different owner) is not an issue for me. Keeping the number is.

Thoughts?
Port existing number out to Lucky.
Wait a bit, port number back in.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10647 posts
1389 upvotes
Brampton
aceman01 wrote: can anyone vouch for their service in the GTA? even in the outskirts of the city?
Its Rogers. Same coverage.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3439 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
da_123 wrote: This is the thing - they're all about treating all customers the same. But then they started introducing activation credits, while at the same time taking loyalty plans away. Which means you need to start playing games if you want to be on equal footing with new customers.

Signing up for a new account (different owner) is not an issue for me. Keeping the number is.

Thoughts?
Yea pretty much what I was thinking of doing. I'm sure we'll see some black Friday/boxing day offers from other providers that we can jump ship to for a bit.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6566 posts
1182 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Why don't these new phones have wireless charging. These are mid-tier phone not exactly cheap.

My contract with Zoomer is up and I would jump on this deal otherwise.
There's a sucker born every minute.
May 16, 2010
327 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
got an A51 for my son a couple weeks ago from Zoomer. was able to phone up and swap to an A71 for free, thanks OP. Zoomer is a great company, never had an issue, never have to beg for things, etc. Too bad they didn't have top tier phones..
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12090 posts
10998 upvotes
xman111 wrote: got an A51 for my son a couple weeks ago from Zoomer. was able to phone up and swap to an A71 for free, thanks OP. Zoomer is a great company, never had an issue, never have to beg for things, etc. Too bad they didn't have top tier phones..
Zoomer is great during the first 30 days. You can change to different phone.

For people is planning to get an A51, please check the condition to make sure it is not a return unit because Zoomer always open the box even if you requested don't open the box.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Dec 8, 2008
13 posts
Also asked for the swap, A51 for A71. They told me there is a delivery charge for the new phone of $16 to my address. Was this the same for you?
Jul 20, 2009
531 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi guys,

I do understand that Zoomer is running under Rogers network but what's about data plan, do they offer LTE or 3G. I think Zoomer has the best offer at the moment for BF but people seems to go with Koodo and Fido?

Any advice is appreciated
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12090 posts
10998 upvotes
rfdmademepoor wrote: Also asked for the swap, A51 for A71. They told me there is a delivery charge for the new phone of $16 to my address. Was this the same for you?
Yes. They charge the same amount back in 2014 with my first line with Zoomer. Zoomer will send you a new phone and a return shipping label. Put your old phone in the box and stick the label on the box to ship your old phone back to Zoomer. The $16 covers the round trip shipping.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
anzvietboy wrote: Hi guys,

I do understand that Zoomer is running under Rogers network but what's about data plan, do they offer LTE or 3G. I think Zoomer has the best offer at the moment for BF but people seems to go with Koodo and Fido?

Data plan is LTE...I am using fine for last 3.5 years in GTA. People are going with Koodo / Fido as they provide medium-high range phones ( Pixel 5, S20 etc) while Zoomer has been always Low end Smart phones company. However, with A51 and A71 they have entered Mid-range phones in their line up.
Bank : Tangerine, EQ Bank
Credit Cards : Tangerine (2% on 3 categories), Rogers (1.5% flat, 3% on USD)
Stocks/ETFs : Wealthsimple Trade, Questrade
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered yesterday and it is already shipped (Opted for fast delivery for extra $15 as I need it urgently)
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
number8888 wrote: Why don't these new phones have wireless charging. These are mid-tier phone not exactly cheap.

My contract with Zoomer is up and I would jump on this deal otherwise.
A71 is a really good mid tier phone. Yes, wireless charging is missing though.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
raskal wrote: so, my current Zoomer phone is having issues (LG G5)

would I notice a difference between the A51 or A71 with regards to the camera when comparing to the G5 camera?
Is the A71 worth the $108 jump from the A51?
Or wait until Zoomer offers a better phone on the $40 plan?
So you are just paying $4.5 more for the plan of A71 and also getting 1 GB extra data. I feel 1 GB extra data is more than enough reward for paying $4 / month extra . Thus, go for A71
Mar 7, 2017
626 posts
282 upvotes
rfdmademepoor wrote: Also asked for the swap, A51 for A71. They told me there is a delivery charge for the new phone of $16 to my address. Was this the same for you?
Mine was free shipping for the replacement of the a51 to a71
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
[OP]
Jun 30, 2017
47 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
da_123 wrote: This is the thing - they're all about treating all customers the same. But then they started introducing activation credits, while at the same time taking loyalty plans away. Which means you need to start playing games if you want to be on equal footing with new customers.

Thoughts?
You can do that. You will get $150 activation credits but I think referral is only Once per lifetime
Mar 7, 2017
626 posts
282 upvotes
embguy wrote: Zoomer is great during the first 30 days. You can change to different phone.

For people is planning to get an A51, please check the condition to make sure it is not a return unit because Zoomer always open the box even if you requested don't open the box.
I asked them the same thing when my a51 came opened, it's because they need to insert the sim b4 shipping it out, I called them when I received my phone and specifically asked them do they ship out used or refurbished phones and they said no, I also check the call log times and it shows 0:00 and usage time and shows 0:00 just to make sure it was a new phone.
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12090 posts
10998 upvotes
anzvietboy wrote: Hi guys,

Rogers owns Cityfone. Cityfone is a reseller on Rogers network.
Cityfone is the manager for Zoomer Wireless to provide wireless service with 3G and LTE.