Zoomer Wireless Home Phone $10/month promo 2yr. term

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Expiry:
June 30, 2019
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless/cityfone
Zoomer wireless and Cityfone have their $10/month wireless home phone promo out. It's been awhile since this promo was offered. The offer is good until June 30 2019. I currently use Zoomer and paying $20/month. We have been using this WHP for over a year with zero issues and great sound quality ( Rogers is the carrier). I used the online chat and the rep said I was eligible for the $10 promo. He also gave me the loyalty promo for my wife's cell phone.
The rep called me to set up the home phone deal. I get a new upgraded ZTE modem with 2 antenna's for better reception vs my old 1 antenna ZTE. You have to agree to a 2 year term and no charge for the modem, the $10/month package never expires. Pretty cheap for a home phone. Zoomer's CSR are very easy to deal with and the terms of the contract are a pro rated charge on the modem for 24 months. YMMV if your not a current cell customer to get the offer, sorry didn't ask .
Last edited by sandalwood on Jun 10th, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3355 posts
2843 upvotes
sandalwood wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:11 pm
Zoomer wireless and Cityfone have their $10/month wireless home phone promo out. It's been awhile since this promo was offered. The offer is good until May 31 2019. I currently use Zoomer and paying $20/month. We have been using this WHP for over a year with zero issues and great sound quality ( Rogers is the carrier). I used the online chat and the rep said I was eligible for the $10 promo. He also gave me the loyalty promo for my wife's cell phone.
The rep called me to set up the home phone deal. I get a new upgraded ZTE modem with 2 antenna's for better reception vs my old 1 antenna ZTE. You have to agree to a 2 year term and no charge for the modem, the $10/month package never expires. Pretty cheap for a home phone. Zoomer's CSR are very easy to deal with and the terms of the contract are a pro rated charge on the modem for 24 months. YMMV if your not a current cell customer to get the offer, sorry didn't ask .
Might want to put "2 year contract" in the title, that's a pretty big deal IMHO that makes this FAR less interesting.
Jan 26, 2011
403 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Does your home phone have name display or just number display.
The only reason stay with Fido is the name display/announce is very handy.
Thanks
[OP]
Nov 18, 2012
165 posts
106 upvotes
Oshawa
repatch wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:18 pm
Might want to put "2 year contract" in the title, that's a pretty big deal IMHO that makes this FAR less interesting.
Done
[OP]
Nov 18, 2012
165 posts
106 upvotes
Oshawa
TheRonald wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:19 pm
Does your home phone have name display or just number display.
The only reason stay with Fido is the name display/announce is very handy.
Thanks
Number display.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4628 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
wonder if i should call in and get an upgraded ZTE modem for free?
Nov 23, 2012
351 posts
167 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
Just a word of advise, I was able to get the same deal with Koodo with no limit on the time frame. I called the retention department a month before the 1 year mark of the 5$ a month promo was about to end and they offered this deal forever.

YMMV, but I had called about 3 times prior trying to extend at 5$ a month and it failed every time, but they offered this deal to me every time so there's a very high chance they do too.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2080 posts
1371 upvotes
St. Catharines
Called to order this today. Been struggling with the $4.99/month VoIP adapter from Carrytel for 6 months now. Frequently unable to make or receive calls until you reboot it, and I set it up for nightly power-cycles.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7348 posts
818 upvotes
GTA
I currently have a traditional phone line (Bell but through TekSavvy) and am looking to move to something else because we barely use it and it is expensive for the occasional use.

I've read that you plug your phone into the device and use it. Is it correct that you can only use one phone (unless you had multiple devices to plug other phones into)?
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3355 posts
2843 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
May 16th, 2019 9:54 am
I currently have a traditional phone line (Bell but through TekSavvy) and am looking to move to something else because we barely use it and it is expensive for the occasional use.

I've read that you plug your phone into the device and use it. Is it correct that you can only use one phone (unless you had multiple devices to plug other phones into)?
You can plug your home's phone line into the box basically leaving everything else as is (make sure your home phone line system is disconnected from Bell at the dmarq.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7348 posts
818 upvotes
GTA
repatch wrote:
May 16th, 2019 9:57 am
You can plug your home's phone line into the box basically leaving everything else as is (make sure your home phone line system is disconnected from Bell at the dmarq.
Thank you. That would be the one thing we'd have to do as our Bell line is currently connected
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3355 posts
2843 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
May 16th, 2019 10:01 am
Thank you. That would be the one thing we'd have to do as our Bell line is currently connected
Ya, just be aware, when you cancel your Bell line, they'll call it 'disconnected', but physically you'll still be connected to the CO (you'll still be technically capable of making a 911 call). So you have to physically disconnect your phone from Bell's line at the demarq.
Last edited by repatch on May 16th, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2012
165 posts
106 upvotes
Oshawa
sillysimms wrote:
May 16th, 2019 10:01 am
Very easy to isolate the outside line from Bell. I did what you want to do with the bell line at the dmarq. You can plug in the zoomer ZTE modem/base into any phone jack and then all other phones connected to other phone jacks in the house will get a dial tone. The cell modem has 2 phone line outputs using the same phone number. You could hook a cordless home phone to one output and a phone line to a wall jack from the other to get dial tones from all jacks in the house as a option too. Years ago I had a Bell pots line and was fed up with the crazy prices for a legacy technology. I switched to a Voip phone but was never really happy with it. I have been with Zoomer for over a year with zero issues and perfect call quality. I hope this helps others who are looking to keep a home phone for a good price and one that works reliably.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10791 posts
1437 upvotes
the $$$ u spent for 2 yrs is good enough for u to migrate to Freephoneline and free for life
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3355 posts
2843 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
May 16th, 2019 10:39 am
the $$$ u spent for 2 yrs is good enough for u to migrate to Freephoneline and free for life
That's a bit apples vs oranges. Freephoneline is a VOIP technology. While it has benefits, the biggest issue it's VOIP over the internet. That means if your internet goes down, so does your phone line.

In addition depending on your VOIP provider you might notice quality issues during certain times of day, and other oddities. Plus, there's the fiddliness of it, configuring the service can be a little too much for some people, and configuration changes as needed are even worse.

VOIP is great, but not quite at the same level as this 'wireless home phone' service which relies on the cell network (Rogers in this case). While call quality is probably inferior to the best VOIP, it's reliability is far higher, and there is ZERO configuration needed.