Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] FREE Samsung A51/71 - $40.50 or $45/month with 6GB or 7GB - $150 Activation Credit + $50 Referral

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 12:05 am
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
393 posts
647 upvotes
Calgary, AB

FREE Samsung A51/71 - $40.50 or $45/month with 6GB or 7GB - $150 Activation Credit + $50 Referral

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
Mod Edit: Do not ask for a referrals or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" are also not allowed. You will get an infraction. Additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which get reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.

New deal today from Zoomer! This matches BF $150 activation credit. No activation fee.

If you sign up/port in with a referral you are eligible for another $50.

The credit for the Moto G Stylus has been reduced from $200 to $150, it's better in almost every scenario to go with the Samsung phones now...unless you really want the stylus.
Last edited by asbraich on Jan 9th, 2021 10:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
Expires December 31st
FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

Speak with a Zoomer rep by calling in. Chat is currently down. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV. Don't forget to get a referral from a current Zoomer customer as you will each get a $50 bill credit (YMMV)

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the highest resale value phone to reduce your overall costs.

3. I am with Zoomer already, do I get the $200 activation bonus if I sign another 2 year contract?

No. Only new activations only.

4. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Depends on your needs and long term plan. Personally I got the flip phone for a low committment option and "buy out".

5. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use.

6. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

7. How long is this plan/bonus referral available until?

December 31 but as always YMMV.

8. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are local from Canada, quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

9. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
348 replies
Apr 13, 2015
50 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
asbraich wrote: New deal today from Zoomer! This beats the $150 BF activation credit by $50!

If you sign up/port in with a referral you are eligible for another $50.

The Moto G Stylus is not a great phone, not as good as the A71 from BF. But the deal is still pretty hot.
Great find OP! When I signed up with Zoomer, the activation credit was only $100 :(

Still a great deal none the less!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5638 posts
2854 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is a sweet deal
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Jul 21, 2011
246 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great deal! $200 activation credit is pretty rare.
Zoomer Wireless | HY0278853
Apr 25, 2020
19 posts
3 upvotes
Have been using Zoomer for 6 months, no complain at all. Good deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2689 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
livehawk wrote: Have been using Zoomer for 6 months, no complain at all. Good deal.
Fyi, Zoomer Wireless is a "brand entity"

Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Zoomer Wireless program and provides all customer support and enrolment.
Apr 18, 2017
58 posts
33 upvotes
the extra $50 is nice, but the phone is much worse. how much does the moto g stylus go for on kijiji?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2064 posts
517 upvotes
h2o- wrote: Real LTE/4G speed?
Yes. Exact same as Rogers/ Fido since same network/subsidy.
Jun 5, 2019
73 posts
105 upvotes
aceman01 wrote: the extra $50 is nice, but the phone is much worse. how much does the moto g stylus go for on kijiji?
It's also with a $40.5 plan while the A71 was with a $45 plan. I think you could only get the A51 on BF with the $40.5 plan. That's $122 less over the two year contract, after tax. If you're planning to sell the phone, the A71 was probably a better deal, but it's close.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
393 posts
647 upvotes
Calgary, AB
cfenton wrote: It's also with a $40.5 plan while the A71 was with a $45 plan. I think you could only get the A51 on BF with the $40.5 plan. That's $122 less over the two year contract, after tax. If you're planning to sell the phone, the A71 was probably a better deal, but it's close.
That's true, the A51 deal is the better comparison. You're getting an extra $50 credit but the A51 probably sells for around $50-100 more than the Moto G Stylus.

There's only one Moto G Stylus listed on kijiji in Calgary and that's for $300, the same as an A51.
Apr 8, 2007
743 posts
258 upvotes
Really good deal. I have been with zoomer for 5 months. No issues and great customer service.
Don't forget that you can get an additional $50 off if someone refers you. Make sure you get a referral code from a friend.
Mar 12, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I left Fido after 7 years . Just tired of the way they work.
Same network and speed. Great service and price. the 7GB plan is a great place to be!
The only downside from a geek side is the lack of RCS service.
I got the BF deal with the A71 and total of 150+50 of credit.
But this with 200 Credit plus 50 for a referral is over 5 months of free cell service!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1130 posts
519 upvotes
I signed up with Zoomer few months ago and have recently referred my parents and friends to them. Great customer service, coverage/speed (Rogers network) and pricing.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1802 posts
938 upvotes
Glad someone finally posted this! Life hack: if you are unsure of this company/plan get the basic flip phone and you end up on the plus side with the $250 in credits even if you paid out the device balance in full the next day.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Feb 5, 2009
70 posts
67 upvotes
Northen British Colu…
No issues with the Stylus G, load Gcam 7.3 on this and it takes the same quality pictures as my S9, 128G, Stylus, great screen , and decent battery life;
Nov 23, 2017
37 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton
Dhanushan wrote: Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Zoomer Wireless program and provides all customer support and enrolment.
This is your second post about zoomer being a subsidiary of citifone.
What's your point? Why would anyone care of who provides customer service as long as it's not shite?
Dec 5, 2011
390 posts
379 upvotes
YVR
TinkerPhil wrote: This is your second post about zoomer being a subsidiary of citifone.
What's your point? Why would anyone care of who provides customer service as long as it's not shite?
No sure why it's being pointed out either but I have to say that Zoomer customer Service is awesome. Zoomer is catered to seniors and they have been amazing to my father who is not very tech savvy. They are very helpful and patient - they walked my dad through everything. I was shocked considering they are a just a rebranding of Rogers.
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
too bad only new customers get the sign-up bonus... existing customers just get the phone and plan deals
Dec 22, 2019
19 posts
11 upvotes
Zoomer coverage is as good as Fido/Rogers in Mississauga (I know they use the same network). Does anyone live in Oakville using it? Is it still good?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

aw1883