Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] It's here. Zoomer Pixel 4A free on 7GB/$45 plan. $150 credit + $50 referral. NEW AND EXISTING PLANS?

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2021 4:54 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
454 posts
896 upvotes
Calgary, AB

It's here. Zoomer Pixel 4A free on 7GB/$45 plan. $150 credit + $50 referral. NEW AND EXISTING PLANS?

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 31, 2021
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
DO NOT ASK FOR REFERRALS IN THIS THREAD.

The phone we've all been awaiting on Zoomer is finally here!

$45/month for 7GB and pixel 4A included. Up to $200 in credits.

Get it while it's hot.

BONUS: Now existing Zoomer customers may also eligible for the $150 credit and free 4A, you will probably just have to be off contract and switch to the $45 plan if you are on a cheaper one! Stay tuned for confirmation.

UPDATE: Bonus on renewal only for Moto G Stylus. Not 4A. Still, it's worth it to sign up for the renewal for the credits+stylus and sell the phone, imo.
Last edited by asbraich on Mar 11th, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Credits available include activation credits $150 and $50 referral credit - remember to ask a friend if signing up. Over 24 months you would be paying (45×24×1.13−200)÷24= $42.52 ON taxes inclusive.

FAQs:

1. How do I sign up for this awesome plan?

Speak with a Zoomer rep by calling in. Chat is currently down. They will perform a credit check when signing you up. If you have poor credit, you can put in a $150 deposit and still get this plan! Zoomer will then ship you phone and SIM card. Delivery usually takes 2-3 days but YMMV.

2. Is this plan available on BYOD?

No. Plans listed above are only available on 2 year contract. If you want the cheapest buyout option get the lowest value phone ($100) as an emergency back up phone to sell/donate/trade in. Your buyout cost would then be $100÷24xmonths left on your contract. Or alternatively you can get the highest resale value phone to reduce your overall costs.

3. I am with Zoomer already, do I get the activation bonus if I sign another 2 year contract?

YMMV... see confusing terms here

4. What phone is best to get with this plan?

Depends on your needs and long term plan. Personally I got the flip phone for a low committment option and "buy out".

5. Can I use my own phone with Zoomer?

Yes. Zoomer sends you a 3 in 1 SIM that will fit into full sized, micro, or nano SIM card slots. Rogers locked devices and unlocked devices will all work under the Zoomer network of you have a phone already you would prefer to use.

6. What type of SIM does Zoomer send out to new customers?

3 in 1 SIM which can be punched into full, micro or nano.

7. Does Zoomer have any retail locations?

No. But they have the best customer service of any company I personally have been with and I've been with quite a few. Activate a chat session to chat online or give them a call to sign up/ask any questions. Reps are local from Canada, quick, super friendly and knowledgible.

8. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
728 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6347 posts
3274 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't remember how long sooner contract is for. 2 or 3 years? I last signed a contract in oct 2018
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2034 posts
1503 upvotes
condo
Thank OP! Been waiting for this deal for awhile, will finally switch my girlfriend over from Koodo tmrw
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
454 posts
896 upvotes
Calgary, AB
notenoughsleep wrote: Can't remember how long sooner contract is for. 2 or 3 years? I last signed a contract in oct 2018
Two years at Zoomer. Not sure if that was the case in 2018 though.
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
583 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Can someone tell me why this phone is so good? Long time zoomer customer but not sure i want a new contract
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6347 posts
3274 upvotes
Vancouver
asbraich wrote: Two years at Zoomer. Not sure if that was the case in 2018 though.
Might be worth a call to see if I'm eligible for hardward upgrade then.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11756 posts
1611 upvotes
Nibbler2012 wrote: Can someone tell me why this phone is so good? Long time zoomer customer but not sure i want a new contract
Lots of reviews available but at the core it's a good price for a solid phone and pretty good camera. I paid full price when it was released as I badly needed a phone and been happy with what I got for the price. At a deal like this I would be extremely happy.
Jul 23, 2015
806 posts
583 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
How does Samsung s9 compare? Would pixel be upgrade or downgrade
May 19, 2017
303 posts
394 upvotes
I just want to say, I came across the offer for the "free membership to CARP and ZoomerMag". I was wondering what CARP was, turns out it's Canadian Association of Retired Persons, I guess because a lot of old people use this telecom and for some reason there's a company called ZoomerMedia that licensed their name to Rogers to use? Anyways, Zoomer Wireless is targeting the same demographic as ZoomerMedia which is described as: these media outlets primarily target what he calls "zoomers" or "baby boomers with zip", defined as people in their 50s, 60s and 70s who want to remain socially and culturally engaged and active.

Meanwhile "zoomers" are in reality under 25 .

YOU GUYS HAD ONE JOB.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2382 posts
854 upvotes
YVR
TheRealSwatson wrote: I just want to say, I came across the offer for the "free membership to CARP and ZoomerMag". I was wondering what CARP was, turns out it's Canadian Association of Retired Persons, I guess because a lot of old people use this telecom and for some reason there's a company called ZoomerMedia that licensed their name to Rogers to use? Anyways, Zoomer Wireless is targeting the same demographic as ZoomerMedia which is described as: these media outlets primarily target what he calls "zoomers" or "baby boomers with zip", defined as people in their 50s, 60s and 70s who want to remain socially and culturally engaged and active.

Meanwhile "zoomers" are in reality under 25 .

YOU GUYS HAD ONE JOB.
Yep kind of odd receiving the magazine aimed for 50+.
On the flip side, got my parents on them as well because their no-BS, price points and phone selection work well for them so theyre doing something right.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1100 posts
441 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
What happens to the plan after the two year contract is up?
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1112 posts
335 upvotes
sooksook wrote: What happens to the plan after the two year contract is up?
Zoomer allows you to continue with the plan at the same rate without being in a contract.
---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1112 posts
335 upvotes
FunnyGamer wrote: Does Zoomer provide access to Roger's 5G network?
Just 4G
---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
454 posts
896 upvotes
Calgary, AB
sooksook wrote: What happens to the plan after the two year contract is up?
Nothing, you stay at the same rate. In fact, Zoomer is now allowing people who's contract is up to renew as if they were new customers and get another activation credit + free phone if they agree to another two-year commitment.
Dec 2, 2019
239 posts
602 upvotes
No time machine, but it looks to be the same or little better than last black Friday deals ($35 plan with 4gb data + $10 tab for pixel 4a with $150 GC and referral, if any) across almost all 2nd tier carriers (i.e fido, virgin etc). Not sure if zooomer has better coverage/service than fido or virgin.
Jan 24, 2011
458 posts
284 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty hot, wondering if I could upgrade to this plan.Currenty on their $40 plan since one year.
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2187 posts
1619 upvotes
It would be nice if Zoomer also brought the IPhone SE 2 as well (just forgo the bill credit in exchange for the price difference). That said, this is a pretty hot deal!!!
Feb 28, 2011
501 posts
318 upvotes
YYZ
No credit on existing customer renewals unfortunately.

Not sure if it's worth giving up the $36 4GB loyalty plan to switch to this, or if it's better to just pay 150+tax to stay on the current plan.
Unless your PM is of personal nature and unrelated to the thread, don't PM me. You can post in the corresponding threads instead.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2014
454 posts
896 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Snuupy wrote: No credit on existing customer renewals unfortunately.
Many people in the other Zoomer threads have reported being given credits for renewals, starting about a week or two ago.